Squad Selection

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
angus1903

Squad Selection

Postby angus1903 » 04 October 2013, 22:58

An idea I have been thinking about recently is to allow coaches to pick a match day squad from their 16 prior to the inducements stage. This would cut down on TV manipulation in leagues and allow more variation in MM.

In short people could have a roster of up to 16 but depending on the match they are playing could select 11 - 16 of these players. TV would be calculated after this selection.

On the face of it I thought this would suit bash teams as they have the treasury for larger squads but then I also thought it could help dodge teams save some of their better players or pick teams to suit their opponent.

For example a Wood elf team playing a team full of Chaos MB & Claw could decide not to pick their Treeman as he will likely be targeted and ineffective especially for >100 in TV. Instead they could field an additional Lineman and take the rest in Inducements.

All positional limits would stay as they are and MVP could only be awarded to players in the squad.

dode74

Re: Squad Selection

Postby dode74 » 04 October 2013, 23:17

I'd say this will suit bash teams better, in particular the claw teams. They are well able to create players who are good against both Bash and Agi, and this would allow TV trimming to remove the less-than-useless players. Playing Amazons? Take max tackle and no claw players. Playing Dorfs? Leave the tackle at home and take the claw players.

angus1903

Postby angus1903 » 05 October 2013, 06:59

Possibly, particularly Chaos as they have so many skilling options with the mutations. In saying this if they are rotating they will skill slower. In a MM environment the TV match up would still have to take place prior to the squad selection so if bash teams did drop claw players V Amazon they would make themselves TV Underdogs in this case.

It might also allow for some roster variations as I am sure there must be some matchups where the Human Catcher or DE Assassin would be useful so it could allow teams to have them on their roster to use for specific games.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 05 October 2013, 08:37

if they are rotating they will skill slower
Not really relevant in perpetual leagues. You get there eventually.
It might also allow for some roster variations
There are, I think, better ways of achieving this.

LunchMoney

Postby LunchMoney » 05 October 2013, 11:48

This would cut down on TV manipulation in leagues ....
By enabling me to manipulate in further with rotation? :?
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

angus1903

Postby angus1903 » 06 October 2013, 12:19

This would cut down on TV manipulation in leagues ....
By enabling me to manipulate in further with rotation? :?
The point being with the current format teams with large treasuries (Bash teams) can afford to hire and sack players at will to ensure they maximise their or minimise their opponents inducements while teams with small treasuries can't afford to sack people at will. If the bash team doesn't know what TV the opposition is going to select it makes it harder for them to manipulate the inducements in their favour.

The other factor I think is odd in the current league format is the team being challenged gets the decision to accept or decline the match at the current TVs so if someone does a last second change and the person who makes the challenge doesn't know they can be at a disadvantage. Possibly this could be avoided by both teams having up to 2 minutes to update their roster after the match has been accepted but before the final inducement calculations.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”