Being able to reconnect hours days after disconnections

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Darkson

Re: Being able to reconnect hours days after disconnections

Postby Darkson » 15 January 2014, 16:22

PBeM gets around that with two concepts:
There was (is!) a 3rd option - you could allow the tool to decide where to Side Step to. Worked well enough most of the time, but there were times when you just went "d'oh!".

I'm against teams being allowed to play other games whilst a match is still unfinished. If a game vs WE is disco'd at half time, then that team go on to win another game with the WD scoring the winner, then comes back finishes the match, and I kill the WD in the last turn. No thanks.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Cram

Postby Cram » 18 January 2014, 09:32

Well, there are 2 different Blood Bowl Worlds out there.

1. Private Leagues
2. MM leagues

For Private Leagues it would be a great feature having no more problematic disconects. In all private leagues i play(ed) in, people are friendly and play together, it's an online board game you chat and laugh together while playing.
In these games it would be perfect to be able to continue a game whenever you want.
No resetting and starting over discos and maybe just have some more timemanagement options for your hobby;
those players would be overexcited about that option.

In MM leagues thats simply not possible, a 5 minute timer is ok there. I remember a guy once trying to disconnect and reconnect permanently from turn 12 on after he saw that he would loose the match, dragging it on and on...
Those kinds of silly "Auld World" behaviors (i know there are much better MM leagues out there, its just an example) has to be controlled by ristricting the possibilities for such things. So that 5 minute timer should better count for a game and not for every connection loss.

WWWilliam

Postby WWWilliam » 18 January 2014, 10:13

In MM leagues thats simply not possible, a 5 minute timer is ok there. I remember a guy once trying to disconnect and reconnect permanently from turn 12 on after he saw that he would loose the match, dragging it on and on...
Those kinds of silly "Auld World" behaviors (i know there are much better MM leagues out there, its just an example) has to be controlled by ristricting the possibilities for such things. So that 5 minute timer should better count for a game and not for every connection loss.
Which is why I suggested a total time limit, Allowing a maxium of x minutes of "Disconnected time" thoughout the game so the worst they can do is make you wait that time out and no more. (With Dcing and Reconnecting could be ages depending on how good they are at it)

I suggested 20minutes because sometimes there could be a blackout and might take someone more then 5 minutes to restart there computer login start BB rejoin game etc, But not up to us to find a sweet spot the concept is still good imo.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 18 January 2014, 10:20

Those kinds of silly "Auld World" behaviors (i know there are much better MM leagues out there, its just an example) has to be controlled by ristricting the possibilities for such things.
My understanding based on the interview with XanderV from Orca Cola is that the public leagues will be moderated.

WWWilliam

Postby WWWilliam » 18 January 2014, 10:35

Those kinds of silly "Auld World" behaviors (i know there are much better MM leagues out there, its just an example) has to be controlled by ristricting the possibilities for such things.
My understanding based on the interview with XanderV from Orca Cola is that the public leagues will be moderated.
Stopping people been able to abuse the system > letting people abuse a system then punishing them.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 18 January 2014, 10:43

There is a balance to be played out there, though: the system has to do what we want it to do otherwise the rules which prevent exploitation wreck the system. Punishment is itself a deterrent and has been shown to work better than "no punishment" given the limited tools currently available: the completion rate in FOL is much higher than the completion rate in the unmoderated leagues.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 18 January 2014, 15:16

And of course they couldn't possibly screw that up... :roll: ;)
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”