Suggestion (Art) - Male Wardancers!

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Enarion

Suggestion (Art) - Male Wardancers!

Postby Enarion » 29 January 2014, 13:10

Faz, pretty please! We got Witch Elves, that's enough! So a humble request, MALE Wardancers this time! :)

I'll promise, I will send you beer keg just for that!

rinku

Re: Suggestion (Art) - Male Wardancers!

Postby rinku » 29 January 2014, 21:02

I'd go further than that - both gender options for all appropriate players!

Elves all field both genders in their normal army troops, and non-Amazon female Human Blood Bowl players have appeared in the fiction, aside from the Star Players like Zara. Bertha justifies girl Ogres, and Chaos should have the option too. Vampires have both genders in their tabletop miniatures. No particular reason any Undead has to be male.

About the only team that it doesn't mattter with are Lizard"men". Reptiles don't display significant gender characteristics. And while there are female Warhammer Dwarves, they're pretty much never seen. GW has moved away from female greenskins since they made 40K Orks reproduce by spores. Halforcs DID use to exist in Warhammer and Blood Bowl, however.

Gallows Bait

Postby Gallows Bait » 30 January 2014, 21:07

GW has moved away from female greenskins since they made 40K Orks reproduce by spores. Halforcs DID use to exist in Warhammer and Blood Bowl, however.
Halforcs last existed in about 1985-1988. I'd guess they might have been in BB first edition, but they weren't in 2nd edition in 1989/90. Also Female Orc/Orks had been dropped from 40k by at least 1990, because Orks in 40k back then reproduced by "Whelping" a natural process that involved a grizzled old veteran wandering off into the wilderness and sprouting new Orks (a bit like Gremlins really). The results were the Wildboy tribes that roamed as feral young Orks. The spores/fungus thing is a newer take on it that game in with 3rd/4th edition of 40k I think.

There were female (or at least female looking) Orc cheerleaders in 2nd edition of Blood Bowl, but I suspect, mostly just for laughs.

Overall I'm not a big fan of gender neutrality in games with a set historical/fantasy background, they wouldn't be realistic in those environments, so I don't see why people should do it just to reflect real life, the whole point of the game is that it's not real life. Male Wardancers would be accurate though. :D

Viajero

Postby Viajero » 31 January 2014, 15:08

That d put Ork females at a par with Slann with regards to unfluffiness! :mrgreen:
My general availability to start games is 20:00 - 21:30 GMT+1 during the week with some more flexibility on weekends.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”