Start teams at arbitrary TV or number of skills

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Colonel Panic

Start teams at arbitrary TV or number of skills

Postby Colonel Panic » 18 February 2014, 17:02

Many leagues and tournaments start at a more (or less!) advanced state than TV1000. League Commissioners should be able to let teams start with extra money, skills, players, etc etc.

There should also be support for resurrection tournaments and custom team rosters.

Dunati

Re: Start teams at arbitrary TV or number of skills

Postby Dunati » 18 February 2014, 18:09

I would really like to get into some play with advanced teams. I don't think I have ever had more that 15 games with a team in my current league. I would be all for allowing for some number of SPP to start a season.

rinku

Postby rinku » 18 February 2014, 19:45

Solid idea. And one that could be added later on, since it only affects a league setup.

They are promising league management tools, so chances are good this one may be in, I reckon.

Viajero

Postby Viajero » 19 February 2014, 12:21

Many leagues and tournaments start at a more (or less!) advanced state than TV1000. League Commissioners should be able to let teams start with extra money, skills, players, etc etc.

There should also be support for resurrection tournaments and custom team rosters.
Totally agree, it has already been proposed here:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3645
My general availability to start games is 20:00 - 21:30 GMT+1 during the week with some more flexibility on weekends.

Kjelstad

Postby Kjelstad » 21 February 2014, 01:26

As long as you can't move the team. ONLY good in that league, they leave the league or the league is deleted they are gone. Imagine setting the restrictions for teams at some crazy maximum with lots of doubles and stats mixed in, the next day in Auld...

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 21 February 2014, 08:18

At the very least, you'd need some kind of flag to mark teams that didn't start at pure TV1000, no skills.

Although honestly, an "anything goes" team build might just improve Auld. One of the biggest complaints about Auld is that you run into bashy, bully coaches who are more interested in building up their team and breaking yours than they are in winning games. But what if building up the team were made meaningless?
In this scenario, sure, you could build up a 16 player Chaos team in which every player has 2 +ST and ClawPOMB. But that team would still be matched up against other teams with a similar TV. That team would never ever find a matching opponent, and if it did, it would only ever be a similar filthy build.
Wouldn't a situation like that remove any incentive to do anything besides try to win games? Wouldn't that improve the tactical aspect of the game?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 February 2014, 09:38

A non-competitive (unranked) league where such teams go would make sense. People could trial builds there, run resurrection tourneys and basically not worry about team development or that they are "missing out" on high TV play. Such teams could be allowed into private leagues at the league owner's discretion, but should be seperate from any public competitive league.

I suggested this in 2009.

Viajero

Postby Viajero » 24 February 2014, 08:12

Public League restrictions should not be an issue at all. We have them at the moment working fine, i.e. a team developed in a private league simply can not join Nagaroth etc.

As for Private leagues permission, that is down to the local admins to decide on a case by case so cant be the issue either.

But as pointed out in the "full edit control for admins" thread (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3645) allowing coaches to start teams at any TV for private leagues is just but one small aspect of it all. Admins need to also have full edit control on teams in their leagues, not just starting skills and TV, but all throughout the league duration, including spps, gold, injuries etc.
My general availability to start games is 20:00 - 21:30 GMT+1 during the week with some more flexibility on weekends.

Vusfnuv

Postby Vusfnuv » 24 February 2014, 19:24

I support this, it'll make more private leagues options. For now we have to use fakes to level up a team that has a sertain number of levelups, which is akward and gives little control.

However this might not be needed if a full team control option is implemented, which many people already have asked for in other topics here.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 25 February 2014, 09:05

... and which already exists, built-in, in-game ... in single player.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”