Some usability suggestions

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
bugball

Re: Some usability suggestions

Postby bugball » 15 September 2015, 11:32

no news then? IMO this is one of the best feedback in the forum... maybe add the lvl of the player next to the icons

ter75

Postby ter75 » 15 September 2015, 16:40

It is important to be able to quickly check what skills everyone has. This is hard to do currently as you have to hover/click players and when it isn't your turn that keeps being interrupted by the opponents actions. I think the best solution would be to allow users to press a key which will toggle/momentarily bring up skills over players heads:

http://postimg.org/image/49o16n095/

Another thing that slows play down is deciding in what order to do blocks/finding 2 dice blocks. To speed things up it would be good to show the number of block dice a player will get against all those around him when he is selected:

http://postimg.org/image/rj66zy5ep/full/

One last thing is that when it is your opponents go you often want to start planning your turn. This is hampered by the camera moving about as your opponent moves his players around. It would be good if the camera only moved when your opponent did something that was out of your view.

And possibility to rotate your camera angle 360 decrees, by mouse and one keyboard key.

Gorko

Postby Gorko » 16 September 2015, 18:07

These suggestions are really great and would be more than welcome! I hope the dev will throw an eye (or two) to this post.

By the way Falesh, I have been using your little java program for years now, a huge thank you for your work. :)
"Aaaaah les pom poms!" Le retour des deux fous

I support Blood Bowl, not Games Workshop.

Falesh

Postby Falesh » 17 September 2015, 15:50

These suggestions are really great and would be more than welcome! I hope the dev will throw an eye (or two) to this post.

By the way Falesh, I have been using your little java program for years now, a huge thank you for your work. :)
The BBStats one? If so yeah it is useful, it helped reinforce my fear of 2+ rolls; 3 2+ rolls without a re-roll only has a 58% chance of success. *shudder* :P
BBStats: A Blood Bowl probability calculator | Basic BB Tutorial
UI Suggestions: Skills over players heads | Block dice over adjacent players

Sabier

Postby Sabier » 18 September 2015, 06:58

I also think that the ideas presented in OP are all very good! I would also add to the overlay an option to see player names/positions.

Noxos

Postby Noxos » 18 September 2015, 07:37

Very good suggestions! +1!

bugball

Postby bugball » 23 September 2015, 09:58

up for visibility

Slauz

Postby Slauz » 23 September 2015, 14:56

VERY good idea!

+1

my two cents: will be useful also to mark some players (opponents but also yours) with an aura indicating some skills, like tabletop game with colored circles.

Eg: you can mark player with blu/red/yellow/green aura so you can control the positiong on the field (for me it's VITAL when player with guard skill are in game)

bugball

Postby bugball » 23 September 2015, 15:37

VERY good idea!

+1

my two cents: will be useful also to mark some players (opponents but also yours) with an aura indicating some skills, like tabletop game with colored circles.

Eg: you can mark player with blu/red/yellow/green aura so you can control the positiong on the field (for me it's VITAL when player with guard skill are in game)
EASY Additions that adds too much tot he game.. seriusly, this is rage inducing right now

Falesh

Postby Falesh » 25 September 2015, 15:50

VERY good idea!

+1

Yeah, being able to track a Guard player in a mass melee would be handy. :D
BBStats: A Blood Bowl probability calculator | Basic BB Tutorial
UI Suggestions: Skills over players heads | Block dice over adjacent players

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”