Pass not optional

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
dode74

Pass not optional

Postby dode74 » 12 September 2015, 06:55

The pass skill needs to be optional. I made a pass and rolled a 2, which would have been inaccurate; the game decided to reroll it for me and rolled a 1, which was a fumble. In most situations an inaccurate pass is preferable and I would likely choose to not reroll the pass if a fumble would leave me in a very poor situation.

PaloLV

Re: Pass not optional

Postby PaloLV » 12 September 2015, 08:28

This would be especially bad if you are a fast team, get the ball, but can't score immediately or keep it safe so you decide to punt the ball by throwing it upfield where the slow opposition can't reach it. An innaccurate pass is perfectly fine when you try that while being forced to RR it due to the Pass skill could result in a fumble and cost you the match.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 12 September 2015, 08:47

Absolutely it should be optional. Rare that you will turn down the rerolls but option needs to be there

Borgio

Postby Borgio » 12 September 2015, 08:48

If I remember correctly BB1 had somewhere in the settings the option to make abilities optional. Is it not the same case with all abilities in BB2? Maybe it's another thing that the beta has hidden, but I agree with you that it should be made optional.

Bucc

Postby Bucc » 12 September 2015, 10:25

Is it the reroll skills alone, or is it also optional skills like Pile On, Side Step, Stand Firm and whatnot, that is enforced?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 September 2015, 12:52

I didn't get asked about sidestep when I used it. I don't have a definitive list though.

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 12 September 2015, 13:06

Stand Firm works perfectly fine: direct blocks, chainpushes (performed by you or your opponent).
Each time a player is about to be moved by whatever reason, you get "Stand Firm / Do nothing" above that player (though it works even if the player is Prone).

Piling On is optional.

Side Step is always used.

Pass isn't optional.

Other skills:

Kick isn't optional.

Grab is always used.

You can disable Dodge if your player is being blocked by a Frenzy opponent 2 squares away from sideline (potential crowdsurf).
Not sure if the consecutive blocks crowdsurf is being recognised.

Wrestle is optional.

Multiple Block is optional.

Shadowing is optional.

Juggernaut is always used (in a rare occasion of Blitzing a Fend player with a Fenzy+Juggernaut one you'd want to disable the skill in oder not to follow up).
Haven't checked Juggernaut+Block vs. Wrestle yet.

Can't think about other skills which I'd want to be disabled at times at the moment. Maybe the list of optional skills is incomplete.

Side note: Break Tackle finally works as intended.
Last edited by Sid The Coach on 12 September 2015, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Borgio

Postby Borgio » 12 September 2015, 13:41

You can disable Dodge if your player is being blocked by a Frenzy opponent 2 squares away from sideline (potential crowdsurf).
Not sure if the consecutive blocks crowdsurf is being recognised.
I've also been asked if I want to use dodge or not when blocked by a non frenzy opponent 2 square away from the sidelines with there was an assist that could've crowd surfed on the next movement. That works fine.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 September 2015, 13:43

Dodge should always be optional. You should be able to dodge a player into a lot of TZs expecting and wanting him to fall over in order to block running lanes, for example. Forcing that to be rerolled reduces the chances of it working.

Borgio

Postby Borgio » 12 September 2015, 13:52

hmmm... edge case, but true nonetheless... I guess the simplest solution would be to make all abilities optional? and then a toggle somewhere to decide which ones should ALWAYS be used and which ones should prompt the player.

I cannot see why anyone would not want to use Kick or Regeneration or Claw or MB... other abilities like Frenzy are supposed to be not optional because they are high risk high payoff abilities.

let's say that all abilities that offer a reroll for a failed action should be optional. Any takers? ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”