Pass not optional

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Sid The Coach

Re: Pass not optional

Postby Sid The Coach » 14 September 2015, 10:23

Then you aim closer to the sideline knowing you only scatter half the distance . I don t see the point of making it optional. you have the choice where you aim and with the new visual you can be much more accurate.
Here's the point for you:

You want to kick the ball into the wide zone close to the LOS, but the scatter is not favourable and the ball lands right in the middle of you opponent's half next to his Thrower (or possibly right in his square).
If you could disable Kick at this moment, the ball would go much deeper into the opponent's half, which would be a more desirable outcome in that situation.

It's not always just about keeping the ball inside the pitch. Options are options: good to have them.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 14 September 2015, 16:58

Then you aim closer to the sideline knowing you only scatter half the distance . I don t see the point of making it optional. you have the choice where you aim and with the new visual you can be much more accurate.
I said that was one example - I have played enough games of Blood Bowl (both tabletop and digital) to know that there are as many times when you would want to NOT use kick as there are times to use it.
Kick not being optional is a nerf to the skill.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 14 September 2015, 17:00

It would be great if the grab skill would allow you to move a player on an occupied spot too .
That would be against the rules.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 16 September 2015, 01:06

It's true that moving a player into an occupied square with GRAB would be against the rules; that's exactly why it must be an optional skill. So that you can push people out of bounds and the like even if you are blocking with a guy who has grab.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 17 September 2015, 14:25

Agree that all skills (other than those that are mandatory, eg. Frenzy) should be optional in-game.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Sabier

Postby Sabier » 18 September 2015, 07:09

I think there should be a good big menu where you could choose which abilities are always used and which ones are optional one by one. Failing that, a single toggle button to set all abilities to either auto or manual. Failing that too, all abilities should be on manual.

Noxos

Postby Noxos » 18 September 2015, 07:35

^Like BB1? Yeah that would be nice.

It kind of strikes me as odd that a lot of the really good things in BB1 were left out for the sequel. Not huge $$ costing changes either, basic UI stuff mostly.

rvdvelden

Postby rvdvelden » 19 September 2015, 09:28

Not exactly like BB1, please. Pass wasn't working there either, even as an optional skill, as you had to decide whether to use it BEFORE you got to roll the dice and know the outcome of the result. So either you didn't use the skill (even if you rolled a fumble), or you did (leaving the option that you got an incomplete pass and THEN a fumble). They should introduce some kind of check box after the dice have been thrown, but before the outcome is determined.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”