Purchasing a player under a certain number on the roster

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Sid The Coach

Purchasing a player under a certain number on the roster

Postby Sid The Coach » 16 September 2015, 09:13

I place this in the ideas and suggestions section as it's not a big issue (we have more serious ones to deal with at the moment) but still:

When you purchase a player he's enlisted to the lowest unoccupied number on the roster. Even if you specifically choose a certain number on the roster on a player purchase screen.
I.e. you can't have a team with the player numbers 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 11, etc.

Proxi Winther Rex

Re: Purchasing a player under a certain number on the roster

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 16 September 2015, 13:43

What about completely give the numbers free from 1 to 99.....That would be cool...
I am trying to make a Undead version of NFL Allstars, and it would be REALLY nice if I could use the number 99 for my Wight...
I need a name to replace JJ Watt though... :lol:

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 16 September 2015, 13:46

I merely meant 1 to 16 numbers so far, though I wouldn't mind to be able to assign a number to a player (NFL or other sports inspired BB teams would benefit greatly from that).

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 16 September 2015, 13:49

I agree with this.

Normally I plan the numbers of my team around the position they play. Big guys usually end up with #1, heavy hitters with lower numbers, then positionals, and finally linemen and bench players occupying the higher numbers.

Should be relatively easy to implement.

Calistarius

Postby Calistarius » 16 September 2015, 13:52

This is something I can not get behind fast enough. Not being able to have the number I want on a certain player would/will annoyes me to no end! :lol:

For as long as I have played the TT BB, I have always numbered my players by the idea that the lower the number a player had, the more likely they where to handle the ball, and/or the more importent the player was to me and/or the team, and that Big Guys should always take up the last nr slot on the team. Some teams where partly exceptions, but if so it was mostly based around if they actually had any throwers and/or catchers or not.

So for my Human teams the nr 1 and 2 spot where always reserved for Throwers, 3-6 for my Catchers, 7-10 for Blitzers, 11-15 for Linemen, and 16 for the Ogre.

It would always annoy me in BB1 that instead of being able to sort your players by numbers (so everybody lines up properly, with each possition in the right place, and not all being a jumble mess of a thing), I would have to sort them by "possition", which ment that I would get Blitzers at the top, Throwers at the bottom, and linemen in the middle... and that annoyes me. XD

When I started new teams I would even go so far as to try and manage this by buying 15 linemen, so I could buy my big guy for the nr 16 spot. And then I started kicking out certain nr so I could buy the position I wanted for that specific number, and once each possition was placed I would finally kick all the excess linemen so I only had left the nr 11, 12, and 13 linemen. And then if I felt like my goal with that particular team was to maxing them out, getting 16 players, I felt I was locked to buying new players in the right order "first a thrower, then 2 catchers, and finally the remaining linemen)... but if someone in my team got killed, or I felt I had to kick, then trying to replace that player, especially the Ogre, compleatly screwed with my plan. XD Of course... this only works for certain teams, since some teams (especially Elves) are way to expensive to do this with. So finally I started to do it differently... where the possitions that I always bought all of, at the start of a new team, would be bought first... So first Ogre, then Blitzers, then the thrower and two catchers, and finally the linemen... with the idea that later on then if I wanted to max out the team with 16 players, that I then would buy the remaining linemen, and then another thrower and 2 catchers.

I know... a whole big mess for essentially "nothing"... for something compleatly unnecessary... something that in the longrun does not really matter. But that is just how much "symetry" and "the right thing in the right place" can effect me with certain things... in other things it does not matter as much, like my computer table is riddled with a mess of stuff just thrown where it may have ended up... where as everything in my computer, each file and folder etc, is in it's right place, and where my desktop has every icon placed exactly where I want them to be based on what ever criteria I have put up for my self about where the icons should or should not be. XD

So yeah... this is something I would really love to be able to do, nr my players the way I want them to be nr'ed. Of course, I am aware of that it is a minor thing... and that other things are more importent to do and fix with BB2... it's not like it would be a dealbreaker for me with BB2 if it was not implimented. But if it would be implimented it would give me peace of mind, and a lot less annoyance with the whole thing... XD Not that that would matter to most of you... it would for me though. :lol:

Calistarius

Postby Calistarius » 16 September 2015, 14:05

What about completely give the numbers free from 1 to 99.....That would be cool...
I am trying to make a Undead version of NFL Allstars, and it would be REALLY nice if I could use the number 99 for my Wight...
I need a name to replace JJ Watt though... :lol:
This I could get behind.

Although I would like it to be 0-99. Or I guess 00-99 rather.

I do tend to prefer when they put a 0 infront of the single digit nr's as well... again a symetry thing for me. It was something they did in BB1, and from what I can see in the various videos it's something they do in BB2 as well... so that's not something I have had to be annoyed with. XD

Silent_Hastati

Postby Silent_Hastati » 16 September 2015, 20:13

That said you can after the fact fix it with the "invert player" button on the roster screen. Click the player, then on the empty slot you want him on.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”