3 thing's i know won't, but would like to change.

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
MalicWanderer

Re: 3 thing's i know won't, but would like to change.

Postby MalicWanderer » 03 October 2016, 21:20

dauntless? but yeah i see you point. how would you change blitz? if at all.
Only helps (potentially) avoid red dice blocks. Still won't get you better than a one die.

Honestly I probably wouldn't change blitz. If it was determined that it was indeed too powerful a kick off I suspect it would be easier to replace it with something entirely different rather than adjust it to keep the same flavor while being less powerful. Personally I think it's fine as it is tho. :)

Maybe something between the current setup and your suggestion could work, limit the bonus turn to a number of players that isn't 1 or all of them.
Last edited by MalicWanderer on 03 October 2016, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

Capacity_gear

Postby Capacity_gear » 03 October 2016, 21:22

The possibility of a powerful Blitz forces the offence to take the possibility of a Blitz seriously. Without it the ability to set up in lopsided offensive formations makes a drive more predictable.
as does perfect defense,. i don't see your point as regard to blitz

Capacity_gear

Postby Capacity_gear » 03 October 2016, 21:23

dauntless?
Only helps (potentially) avoid red dice blocks. Still won't get you better than a one die.
incorrect

MalicWanderer

Postby MalicWanderer » 03 October 2016, 21:28

dauntless?
incorrect
Edited my post to respond to your edit (isn't edit tag the best? :D) but to this point, no. There is no way to use the skill Dauntless to make a block be multiple dice (in your favor) without assists. Either you're already getting multiple dice in which case the skill doesn't matter, or you aren't in which case it will at most bring you up to a single die. Unless they have it implemented wrong with Horns, but even that only affects the two teams (currently in BB2) that can get horns.

Capacity_gear

Postby Capacity_gear » 03 October 2016, 21:33

Edited my post to respond to your edit (isn't edit tag the best? :D) but to this point, no. There is no way to use the skill Dauntless to make a block be multiple dice (in your favor) without assists. Either you're already getting multiple dice in which case the skill doesn't matter, or you aren't in which case it will at most bring you up to a single die. Unless they have it implemented wrong with Horns, but even that only affects the two teams (currently in BB2) that can get horns.
i must be mistaken then, either way you do have a point on the blitz, i just don't like the idea of removing something, there must be a better solution, but like a said in op, tbh i don't mind blitz, but understand others frustration with it

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 03 October 2016, 21:47

Nothing wrong with Blitz as it is now. If, as the attacker, you don't set up with the risk of Blitz in mind then that's your own fault.

I can understand the frustration with Pitch Invasion, and it could maybe be limited to Placed Prone (or maybe Knocked Down with any AV break limited to Stunned) but I used to play when it was an injury roll, so I can live with a load of stuns rather than the deaths I used to suffer. ;)

The Claw suggestion, while fluffy, is just awful, and would do nothing to "fix" the (incorrect) cries of "broken" - if anything, it would just make it worse.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Capacity_gear

Postby Capacity_gear » 03 October 2016, 22:03

Nothing wrong with Blitz as it is now. If, as the attacker, you don't set up with the risk of Blitz in mind then that's your own fault.

I can understand the frustration with Pitch Invasion, and it could maybe be limited to Placed Prone (or maybe Knocked Down with any AV break limited to Stunned) but I used to play when it was an injury roll, so I can live with a load of stuns rather than the deaths I used to suffer. ;)

The Claw suggestion, while fluffy, is just awful, and would do nothing to "fix" the (incorrect) cries of "broken" - if anything, it would just make it worse.
Kinda wish i didn't even mention blitz, like i said i don't find it a massive issue, nice to have some debate about it though as many do, but think I'll have to concede on blitz.

As to pitch invasion i don't think its being better than is was is in debate, in that, it used to be injury rolls and now no longer, we all can agree on that, its like saying my venereal disease is better because it still stings when i pee but the rash has gone.
Not saying pitch invasion is a bad thing either, just i think limiting it wouldn't negatively effect gameplay or playerbase,. in fact you could argue it would improve it.

I don't want the claw idea to stop the crying of "broken" or "imba",. i want it to increase the chance of scoring more than the CPOMB team. Again in this thread, i don't want to stop the amount of killing CPOMB does, i want to increase the chance of winning a match against it by reducing CPOMB teams ball handling without effecting their agi in other areas

dode74

Postby dode74 » 03 October 2016, 22:12

The possibility of a powerful Blitz forces the offence to take the possibility of a Blitz seriously. Without it the ability to set up in lopsided offensive formations makes a drive more predictable.
What point don't you see? If there is a possibility for the opponent to enter your half unexpectedly then it makes sense to honour that threat, and in doing so you make a less offensive formation.

Edit: just spotted this:
think I'll have to concede on blitz.

Capacity_gear

Postby Capacity_gear » 03 October 2016, 22:22

The possibility of a powerful Blitz forces the offense to take the possibility of a Blitz seriously. Without it the ability to set up in lopsided offensive formations makes a drive more predictable.
What point don't you see? If there is a possibility for the opponent to enter your half unexpectedly then it makes sense to honour that threat, and in doing so you make a less offensive formation.

Edit: just spotted this:
think I'll have to concede on blitz.

The point is dode, is that the argument you made for blitz would be the same for perfect defense, and as such it is irrelevant as such a KO event that promotes that behavior already exists.
I like debate, even more so if its in ideas and suggestions, but you are offering nothing to this.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 03 October 2016, 22:33

The point is dode, is that the argument you made for blitz would be the same for perfect defense, and as such it is irrelevant as such a KO event that promotes that behavior already exists.
It doesn't do the same as PD. PD allows the defence the chance to react to a kickoff, but it doesn't allow them to take the initiative from the offence: the offence still goes first.
I like debate, even more so if its in ideas and suggestions, but you are offering nothing to this.
Don't confuse your inability to understand a point with the point not being there ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”