Bank Rule Suggestion (save money for players/invest in stadium)

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Bank Rule Suggestion (save money for players/invest in stadium)

Postby SirIronclad » 04 October 2016, 10:56

One of the biggest issues with the current bank rule is how much it punishes stacking up cash. Having gold saved up is very important if you need to replace expensive or multiple players at once. That simply isn't possible if you wanna stay competitive however, as the maximum amount of gold you want to have at any given time is 150k. (This interaction represents an indirect buff to all bash teams, especially the killy ones and nerfs fragile teams the most in a long-term environment such as the big BB2 ladders.)

That's why I suggest a change which would allow you to save money for replacements without any punishment. Combined with the idea of being able to invest into your stadium it would look something like this:
  • 1. Bank money: This is where all your gold goes. You can purchase anything with this money, everything above 150k bank savings counts towards your TV (just like now).
  • 2. Player Fund: You can transfer any amount (min 10k) to the Player Fund from the bank. The money saved here can only be spent on buying new players for your team.
  • 3. Stadium investments: You can transfer any avaiable sum from your bank to work towards stadium upgrades step by step. You have to invest at least 10k.
Something like this would be a neat solution to improve the ladder situation without having to change the current BB2 inducement system in any way. Simple, yet effective.

Edit: I just wanted to make clear that my primary concern with this post is not to nerf killy teams. You can happily ignore my thoughts on how certain mechanics change the game's balance, just do me a favour and focus on the main list of suggestions at hand.
Last edited by SirIronclad on 04 October 2016, 12:35, edited 3 times in total.

Miraskadu

Re: Bank Rule Suggestion (save money for players/invest in stadium)

Postby Miraskadu » 04 October 2016, 11:40

Might work, but I would still count the playerpool money somewhat towards TV, not fully but some fraction. Reasoning behind it rather straight forward, money in the stadium fond doesn't involve and gain towards the game, while the other 2 pools can more or less directly influence the team/game.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 October 2016, 11:45

This interaction represents an indirect buff to all bash teams, especially the killy ones and nerfs fragile teams the most in a long-term environment such as the big BB2 ladders.
I'm not so sure that is the case. Part of the issue in ladders is the ability of bash teams to hoard large amounts of cash, giving them a large buffer of replacement players when they reach high TV, enabling them to stay there for some considerable time.

Whether the bank as written achieves that or not is neither here nor there, but if we accept that's the goal then perhaps a TV-linked rule, akin to SE, would be better.

SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 04 October 2016, 11:49

Well, the way I see it this would be a buff to teams that have strong rookies and a nerf to those with players that start off week but have a lot of growth potential. I just liked the idea as a whole since it extends the already existing bank rule and is pretty fluffy imho. Could you elaborate on your alternative suggestion?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 October 2016, 12:11

Teams with strong rookies tend to be teams which are better at low TV anyway (dorfs, norse, zons - elves are the notable exception ofc).

I've not really thought through an idea, tbh, but was considering something like bank charges on top of (or instead of?) SE. e.g. You're charged 10k per 50k over 150k you have for each 150k you are above 1740.
Sounds complex, but these examples might explain better:

Code: Select all

TV <=150k 150-200k 200-250k 250-300 In 50k steps <1750 0 0 0 0 0 1750-1890 0 10k 20k 30k +10k 1900-2040 0 20k 40k 60k +20k 2050-2190 0 30k 60k 90k +30k 2200-2340 0 40k 80k 120k +40k In 150 steps 0 +10k +20k +30k
i.e. 10k is the base charge, the SE band is a multiplier, and so is (your money - 150)/50 (rounded up). A 2200TV with 1m in the bank would be charged 10k * (1000k - 150k)/50 * 4 = 10 * 850/50 * 4 = 170 * 4 = 680k, for example.

So you can basically have all the cash you want at low-mid TV, and it will be drained from you at a rate increasing both with TV and with the cash you have available. You can always have 150k. All values modifiable, ofc: I just used them as an easy reference.

SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 04 October 2016, 12:30

Spiraling Expenses are an important mechanic, but it wouldn't address the main issue of my post. Not being able to save up big cash for when your team implodes is a big problem and only really exists in BB2.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 October 2016, 12:33

Spiraling Expenses are an important mechanic, but it wouldn't address the main issue of my post. Not being able to save up big cash for when your team implodes is a big problem and only really exists in BB2.
It would, unless your TV was above the SE limit at which point it would become progressively harder to do. There would be no limit on the amount of cash you could have below the SE limit. And the 1750TV is modifiable: call it 1900 as the first band with 100k bands if you want.

SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 04 October 2016, 12:37

If I get you right then you end up with one big problem I wanted to avoid: Having to change the inducement system. I think the numbers on your idea are fine.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 October 2016, 12:41

Why would you need to change the inducement system? Or do you mean the "cash >150k counting towards TV" bit?
If I understand you, you want the ability to save any amount of cash which you're not planning on spending on inducements and not have it count towards TV anyway, right? What else are your two "hedge funds" for if not exactly that?

Kurgol

Postby Kurgol » 04 October 2016, 12:44

Well they could just implement the actual tabletop rules that require the coach to nominate how much petty cash they wanted to use on the match at the inducements stage and it would no longer be a problem.
Twitch: TheKurgol
YouTube: Kurgol

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”