Bank Rule Suggestion (save money for players/invest in stadium)

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Miraskadu

Re: Bank Rule Suggestion (save money for players/invest in stadium)

Postby Miraskadu » 04 October 2016, 15:32

Second, what distinction needs to be made? Money is money and how you choose to spend it is up to you: if you choose to spend it on inducements then you get immediate benefit while if you choose to save it for something else you do not. Risk/reward, as I said.
I have nothing against risk and reward systems, the only issue I have with that when it comes to stadium upgrades is that there is only risk and no reward. About saving money to rebuy players yes there is some risk to reward, if it is at the moment to much on the risk side is debatable in my opinion.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 October 2016, 15:48

Dode, did you guys ever implement the original Bank rule into the OFL?
I remember there was a good debate about it. If so how did it work out?
No. OFL is in something of a haitus at the moment.
I have nothing against risk and reward systems, the only issue I have with that when it comes to stadium upgrades is that there is only risk and no reward. About saving money to rebuy players yes there is some risk to reward, if it is at the moment to much on the risk side is debatable in my opinion.
I'm not sure I understand. How do you mean "all risk and no reward"?

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 04 October 2016, 16:04

I'm not sure I understand. How do you mean "all risk and no reward"?
There is only a reward in the stadium upgrade after tier one, which enables coaches to build the stadium upgrade. Both cost 100k so payable under the 150k rule. Or slightly above. Every other stadium upgrade above that cost over 200k upwards, hence I have the risk of a TV increase to upgrade my stadium to tier 2, 3 or 4. But this will result in no gain for my team at all, just plain visual.

I'm purely talking about stadium upgrades here, not replacing players etc.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 October 2016, 16:08

Ah, I see. Yes, I agree there needs to be a higher tier award for it to be worthwhile (other than just the Steam achievement). Perhaps the T4 upgrade could be something like the Doctor (and similar stuff - maybe something which changes winnings?) and work only for your team?

cKnoor
Twitter: @cKnoor

Postby cKnoor » 04 October 2016, 16:32

Just let me put the excess money over 150K in a pot and let me use that only to upgrade my stadium so that it can look prettier.

I don't really mind the current bank rule if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't work at all with the cosmetic upgrades to my stadium.

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 04 October 2016, 18:31

Hello, it's a good topic, we're aware that the Bank/Inducements could be reworked a bit so we're eager to collect opinions and suggestions about it.

The current system is pretty likeable for its simplicity and as Dode noted the choice to use or save his money, as a player, I think this dilemma is really exciting in Round-Robin/KO competition. This said, the 150k limit is not fair for low armor teams.
Thanks, I'm very happy that after a full year and a World Cup you are considering fixing the inducements phase.

Nothing likeable about the current system, sorry.
Of course doing away with the declare petty cash phase is simple. Mercenaries not being able to purchase a skill is simple too right?

Please follow one of these two possible solutions:

A) Remove the bank rule and fix the inducement phase so petty cash works as per CRP and BB1. (I know this is unpopular for...reasons)
B) Remove the bank rule and the ability for people to transfer petty cash and buy inducements from their treasury. (I favour this one personally, crp petty cash is usually just used for the overdog to win more or give a slight advantage to teams with a massive treasury)
Cheers.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 04 October 2016, 19:49

I like the initial suggestion and can imagine something like this:
- The wallet which stay like today with a 150k free limit and +10TV every 10k more.
- The bank safe with maybe a tax system like SE if you have too much money in it.
I like where this is going!
However, if wallet remains available for inducements, we still need a fix so that if the overdog spends on inducements, this also adds to the underdog's available inducement money.

How about having the stadium enhancements add free (no TV) fan factor to your team?
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

JohnnyFeyev

Postby JohnnyFeyev » 04 October 2016, 20:43

I'm just thinking here... and I'll probably get yelled at, but I do think there needs to be spiraling expenses. That's a no-brainer. But what about- like rerolls- each team had a variable bank limit? This could be written in as the "fluff" as much as I f-ing hate that as an argument. High Elves obviously have a ton of money, they could bank a little more. But yeah, I'd be very happy if they'd just fix the inducements phase and make the higher TV team select first, and any of their own money they spend goes against their TV and is added to the lower TV team's inducements.

JohnnyFeyev

Postby JohnnyFeyev » 04 October 2016, 21:00

Just let me put the excess money over 150K in a pot and let me use that only to upgrade my stadium so that it can look prettier.

I don't really mind the current bank rule if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't work at all with the cosmetic upgrades to my stadium.
Oh yeah, forgot about this point. I've never once found myself looking at the stadium beyond the field itself. As long as they never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever bring back the snow-covered Norse field, I'm happy as the stadiums are now. But I want the freaking pirate ship!

Madfrog

Postby Madfrog » 05 October 2016, 04:51

The pirate ship!!!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”