Bank Rule Suggestion (save money for players/invest in stadium)

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Darkson

Re: Bank Rule Suggestion (save money for players/invest in stadium)

Postby Darkson » 05 October 2016, 06:00

While I'm against the idea of stadiums having on-field (or match) effects I agree that if those things exist (boo!) then they should have their own "kitty" as saving for that sort of thing was never an issue when the original bank rules were made.

Money put in the stadium "kitty" should never count towards TV but it should also be there forever (so no using it as a way to hide from a TV increase if wanting to hoard for a "blow-out*").

* I don't think "blow-outs" are issues either, especially in open MM - just play with JM, Mercs and Stars and replace players one at a time if you're that attached with a team. In leagues, it's rare (though yes, it does happen) to see a team take that many injuries that it ruins a season, but surely that's part of the joy and pain of coaching a BB team? One of my best memories of BB was taking a team (in a PBeM league) from bottom in the first season (after many injuries in game 1) to champions in season 2 (and this was before LRB5 added JM and Mercs, so the rebuild was harder).
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

MalicWanderer

Postby MalicWanderer » 05 October 2016, 06:56

* I don't think "blow-outs" are issues either, especially in open MM - just play with JM, Mercs and Stars and replace players one at a time if you're that attached with a team. In leagues, it's rare (though yes, it does happen) to see a team take that many injuries that it ruins a season, but surely that's part of the joy and pain of coaching a BB team? One of my best memories of BB was taking a team (in a PBeM league) from bottom in the first season (after many injuries in game 1) to champions in season 2 (and this was before LRB5 added JM and Mercs, so the rebuild was harder).
Have to agree with this.

Also, I disagree with those saying the bank rule punishes low armor teams more than high armor ones. They're going to expect a more regular amount of injuries, and will consequently be replacing one or two players relatively often. That's going to be a semi-constant drain on their treasury, so the odds of the bank rule actually punishing them are reduced, in comparison to high armor teams. So if and when a blow-out does happen to them, it's not as likely the bank rule will be the reason they don't have the money to immediately replace everyone.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of the bank rule to punish teams that horde gold? Seems like letting you save gold (for non-cosmetic purposes) outside the bank limits would run a bit counter to that. If the argument is that it punishes too much, wouldn't it be easiest to just raise the number where it kicks in?

Jeliel

Postby Jeliel » 05 October 2016, 09:52

Hello, it's a good topic, we're aware that the Bank/Inducements could be reworked a bit so we're eager to collect opinions and suggestions about it.

The current system is pretty likeable for its simplicity and as Dode noted the choice to use or save his money, as a player, I think this dilemma is really exciting in Round-Robin/KO competition. This said, the 150k limit is not fair for low armor teams.
Thanks, I'm very happy that after a full year and a World Cup you are considering fixing the inducements phase.

Nothing likeable about the current system, sorry.
Of course doing away with the declare petty cash phase is simple. Mercenaries not being able to purchase a skill is simple too right?

Please follow one of these two possible solutions:

A) Remove the bank rule and fix the inducement phase so petty cash works as per CRP and BB1. (I know this is unpopular for...reasons)
B) Remove the bank rule and the ability for people to transfer petty cash and buy inducements from their treasury. (I favour this one personally, crp petty cash is usually just used for the overdog to win more or give a slight advantage to teams with a massive treasury)
Cheers.
This seems the most sensible option, all things considered (meaning B) and surely the easiest to implement.

plasmoid

Postby plasmoid » 05 October 2016, 10:06

I think the best thing about the Petty Cash rules (in TT) is the ability to induce a 50K Bloodweiser Babe for squishy teams. If you're -40 through +40 TV then it can be a good play, since many bashy opponents are less likely to benefit from a cheap inducement.
Cheers
Martin

Jeliel

Postby Jeliel » 05 October 2016, 10:24

I think the best thing about the Petty Cash rules (in TT) is the ability to induce a 50K Bloodweiser Babe for squishy teams. If you're -40 through +40 TV then it can be a good play, since many bashy opponents are less likely to benefit from a cheap inducement.
Cheers
Martin
Maybe just allow to "top off" from treasury during inducement phase? 40k limit or something like that?

MalicWanderer

Postby MalicWanderer » 06 October 2016, 20:49

Cheers
Martin
Maybe just allow to "top off" from treasury during inducement phase? 40k limit or something like that?
I suggested more or less exactly that here. I also suggested letting the higher TV team spend up to a cap and adding that to the lower TV teams cash, but not letting them spend at all wouldn't be much different. (Essentially just a cap of 0.)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”