Permanent leagues and custom Ageing

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
logain

Permanent leagues and custom Ageing

Postby logain » 21 February 2017, 14:31

Some players like match making, other resurrection format like on table top tournaments, but there is also the permanent leagues.

Some argue BB wasn't ever made for such leagues, as teams reach TV2000 + and games are less fun when you have level 6 black orcs everywhere.

Many leagues have had debates to reset leagues now and then, or to reset old players.

Here is the current poll at Franco Bowl league :
Proposal is to reset league after 30-50 games (everybody starts again with a TV1000 team but in the division their old team would have been), or players (retirement) after 30-50 games, or have a real permanent league.
It wasn't proposed to have longer leagues or older players, as most coaches dismissed it when preparing for the poll as being way too much.

Not many players support a real permanent league, but the same number of coaches (35) prefer a complete league reset (which we can do without any modification in BB2) than a player reset (35 also).
I liked Ageing rule being added, which is a nice option for permanent leagues. It goes something like this : players start aged 17-19, age 1 year every 8 games played, and begin retiring age 31.
However, with such a system old players will quit their team after about a hundred games, which is quite a lot comparing to what the poll tells us.

So my question is, would it possible in BB2LE to give to league admins control on the number of games in the Ageing year (8 at the moment) ? When a league admin selects the Ageing option, he would also have the possibility to change that number (8), to 5 for exemple.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Netheos
Administrateur

Re: Permanent leagues and custom Ageing

Postby Netheos » 21 February 2017, 16:55

Hi, that's an interesting topic. It could be an option in the future to add a more customizable ageing rule.

But for now, we're really focused on the content list announced for Legendary and we won't have time to add any additional feature. I'll keep your suggestion on the "community wishlist" though!
Focus Team

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 21 February 2017, 17:56

All the human players look at least 65 as it is, I think they're ready for retirement before you buy them!

logain

Postby logain » 15 March 2017, 13:44

Netheos wrote:Hi, that's an interesting topic. It could be an option in the future to add a more customizable ageing rule.

But for now, we're really focused on the content list announced for Legendary and we won't have time to add any additional feature. I'll keep your suggestion on the "community wishlist" though!

I do understand that the announced part is priorized.

However it seems to me the dev time for that improvement could be quite short (replace that fixed value in the code by a parameter set in a new league management field parameter box, default value to that number, and allow it to be changed when no competitions are running) for a big league value : Franco Bowl (about 100 potential coaches) is thinking about moving from BB1 to BB2 this summer when BB2LE is out, this addition would definitely convince them as it's considered a key to permanent league playability.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”