Fluffy Feature Idea: STAR PLAYER NICKNAME ACHIEVEMENT

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Johngrot

Fluffy Feature Idea: STAR PLAYER NICKNAME ACHIEVEMENT

Postby Johngrot » 23 February 2017, 16:00

All players on your roster have statistics such as: Touchdowns Scored, Blocks Succeeded etc.

My Idea is that when a player reaches an impressive number in one of these statistics, They gain a nickname. (Randomly determined by the game itself would be best in my opinion).

For example. They inflict X number of Kills they get a suitable nickname. Stefan Leopold then becomes 'DEADLY Stefan Leopold' or 'Stefan Leopold THE DEADLY' or 'Stefan THE DEADLY Leopold' etc. Probably written in a nice bold different coloured font as well blah blah blah.

Could get them for other things as well like achieving X amount of something in one game alone. Somehow boosting same stat twice? Playing so many games with a permanent injury? the list goes on.

If it was to actually have an in game benefit instead of being purely a status symbol (Personally I'd rather it just be purely fluff) the only one I can think of which wouldn't be game breaking but suitable would be something like +1 FAME for kick off table results. Obviously its main function really is being a fluffy status symbol though than bastardising the game mechanics, but we all like minuscule rewards.

Thoughts?

samt2806

Re: Fluffy Feature Idea: STAR PLAYER NICKNAME ACHIEVEMENT

Postby samt2806 » 24 February 2017, 13:11

Well we already asked for it, but not tied to any stats. Just being able to put nicknames ourselves on players on they reach a certain level would be awesome.
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Rifugio

Re: Fluffy Feature Idea: STAR PLAYER NICKNAME ACHIEVEMENT

Postby Rifugio » 03 March 2017, 10:36

Sounds like a nice feature - could also be done with race specific files to choose the initial random names from, with the option to rename or regenerate nick names. The problem comes with classifying when the nicknames should kick in (e.g. number of touch downs / successful passes / arbitrary level). Sort of like the new XCOM games

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”