Champion ladder concedes rule suggestion

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
logain

Re: Champion ladder concedes rule suggestion

Postby logain » 16 March 2017, 10:03

samt2806 wrote:What's funny is that the issue with your idea is written in your own post, i quoted it for you. So you want to concede when you have no fun because your team is being destroyed? Well, that's pretty selfish in my opinion. Have you ever thought about the other coach's fun?

Say your opponent is a dad, full time job etc. He play hardly 3 games a week because he don't have time. He finally find some time, get on and is matched with you. Turn 6, you have 3 dead and 5 KO. You concede, cuz eh its no funz. Do you think that guy will be happy?

I'm against concessions. When a game is lost i try to continue play, defend, score a TD.
Or if getting destroyed and not much to hope for, skip turns after getting my players in a safe zone.
Maybe fouling with my star players in hope of having them send off, in case my opponent is a bad bully.

Still, we have to remember this sentence "Have you ever thought about the other coach's fun?" goes both sides.
Sometimes, and particularly in match making, you play against a smart player with some kind of Chaos team that takes pleasure in destroying your team. Sometimes he even doesn't care about winning the game, taking spps for later, or sometimes he's won the game already but continues clawpombing for spps, and fouling which doesn't even earn him spps. I feel this is someone who doesn't care about the other coach's fun. I don't want to play those smart guys, and understand concessions can happen in those cases.

In most casual games you choose your opponent, or/and can concede if you want (chess, heartstone...).
In BB you don't choose your opponent (you can choose your league, you can choose to stop MM as i do), you're not supposed to concede, but one can understand that asking to play for a bully's pleasure can be to much.

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 16 March 2017, 11:04

logain wrote:
samt2806 wrote:What's funny is that the issue with your idea is written in your own post, i quoted it for you. So you want to concede when you have no fun because your team is being destroyed? Well, that's pretty selfish in my opinion. Have you ever thought about the other coach's fun?

Say your opponent is a dad, full time job etc. He play hardly 3 games a week because he don't have time. He finally find some time, get on and is matched with you. Turn 6, you have 3 dead and 5 KO. You concede, cuz eh its no funz. Do you think that guy will be happy?

I'm against concessions. When a game is lost i try to continue play, defend, score a TD.
Or if getting destroyed and not much to hope for, skip turns after getting my players in a safe zone.
Maybe fouling with my star players in hope of having them send off, in case my opponent is a bad bully.

Still, we have to remember this sentence "Have you ever thought about the other coach's fun?" goes both sides.
Sometimes, and particularly in match making, you play against a smart player with some kind of Chaos team that takes pleasure in destroying your team. Sometimes he even doesn't care about winning the game, taking spps for later, or sometimes he's won the game already but continues clawpombing for spps, and fouling which doesn't even earn him spps. I feel this is someone who doesn't care about the other coach's fun. I don't want to play those smart guys, and understand concessions can happen in those cases.

In most casual games you choose your opponent, or/and can concede if you want (chess, heartstone...).
In BB you don't choose your opponent (you can choose your league, you can choose to stop MM as i do), you're not supposed to concede, but one can understand that asking to play for a bully's pleasure can be to much.

Coaches can play their turns any way they like... Your challenge is to beat them that's the premise of a match.

BB also has several options for casual play (friendly, col open etc) & conceding is within the rules & a perfectly valid move JUST NOT IN THIS SPECIFIC TOURNAMENT.
I don't think that's too much to ask.

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Postby CalciumCas » 16 March 2017, 12:20

logain wrote:Still, we have to remember this sentence "Have you ever thought about the other coach's fun?" goes both sides.

I read this kind of take a lot, and I have a fundamental problem with it.

This kind of 'You don't even try to win/your team is built to kill/you don't care about your opponents fun' - it's quite arrogant to expect an opponent to play in such a manner that it doesn't offend your BB moral standards.

Maybe your opponent really doesn't care about winning...
Maybe he loves fouling in BB so much he looks to do it every turn...
Maybe your opponent takes pleasure in killing opponents teams...
etc etc...

The answer to all of the obove (and others)? GET OVER IT.

Maybe, just maybe, the above chaos killstack murder foul monster is as offended by blodging, passing, scoring TD's, minmaxing and other issues as you are with his playstyle. I humbly suggest that the kill coach moans far less about this, we don't see that many 'Blodge is broken' posts in the many BB forums across the internet do we? From a personal point of view, blodge heavy elf teams wind me right up, but I enjoy the challenge of beating them, and would certainly not want to change them in any way to suit my own BB preferences.

So many coaches forget the fluff behind this game, you really should check out the chaos team bio, it states that they do exactly what you're complaining about!

Mercy Flush wrote:Coaches can play their turns any way they like... Your challenge is to beat them that's the premise of a match.

BB also has several options for casual play (friendly, col open etc) & conceding is within the rules & a perfectly valid move JUST NOT IN THIS SPECIFIC TOURNAMENT.
I don't think that's too much to ask.

Mercy summed it up nicely. There's plenty of options/leagues where you can play according to your own parameters. If you choose to play in the open div of the Champions Ladder, accept it for what it is, get over yourself and stop trying to change the game parameters to suit yourself.
Champions league Season V : Concession count = 0 on PC & 0 on PS4

logain

Postby logain » 16 March 2017, 13:29

CalciumCas wrote:Mercy summed it up nicely. There's plenty of options/leagues where you can play according to your own parameters. If you choose to play in the open div of the Champions Ladder, accept it for what it is, get over yourself and stop trying to change the game parameters to suit yourself.

Did you read my post ? Didn't i say i'm against concessions ?
Did i say i propose conceding more in MM championship ?
Did i propose changing game parameters ?

Someone pointed out that allowing 5 concessions is for software disconnection or irl problems.
I'm answering to the "Don't forget your opponent is there to play and have fun, you must respect that and finish the game".
Just adding that it's a valid point, which goes both sides.
Even in that specific tournament - it's up to the coach to manage his 5 concessions allowance.
If your not correct with your opponent, don't cry if he concedes, that's something i never did but which i can understand.
Not more, but not less.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”