Pause the Countdown Timer to Concession

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Klejthane

Pause the Countdown Timer to Concession

Postby Klejthane » 13 March 2017, 17:26

In a large, public league, when someone drops out of a game, there may be no way to know why. It's understandable why there is such a short countdown timer.

In a small, private league, where people know each other and are in communication with each other outside the game, the timer is arbitrarily short (2 minutes on PS4). Even if you know the other person is trying to re-connect, there is nothing you can do about it.

One possible solution would be to give the person still in the game the option to extend the time. This could be either an option to pause the countdown timer, or add time in 1-minute increments, or decline the concession at the end of 2 minutes and restart the clock. This would maintain the 2-minute timer for large league play, but also allow players to give their opponents more time if they so desired (whether out of generosity to a stranger, or because they know their friend is trying desperately to re-connect).

samt2806

Re: Pause the Countdown Timer to Concession

Postby samt2806 » 13 March 2017, 19:05

It won't help for ps4 as there is no way to reconnect. Its the second post where i tell you this.

The only "reconnect" a ps4 can do is when you're lagging. The game will start the counter in hope your connection get back on. Anytime the game close, its game over, whatever you do.
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Klejthane

Postby Klejthane » 13 March 2017, 19:12

It won't help for ps4 as there is no way to reconnect. Its the second post where i tell you this.

The only "reconnect" a ps4 can do is when you're lagging. The game will start the counter in hope your connection get back on. Anytime the game close, its game over, whatever you do.
Sorry, I must have misunderstood your last reply. What I took from your other post was that if your game was still on, and you could somehow restart the connection (like rebooting the router without restarting the PS4) you would still be able to resume. Is that incorrect? I'm not talking about closing Blood Bowl and restarting the PS4.

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 13 March 2017, 19:27

I never tried rebooting the router while the game is on. All i know is that the game can handle some 'lag'. As far as i know, lag isnt a connection interuption, it is an issue regarding the speed of your connection so it stay in contact with the server. So, i might be wrong, but totally cutting your connection is something i would consider as a "crash".
PS4 CCL Admin

Klejthane

Postby Klejthane » 13 March 2017, 19:35

Then I would modify my Idea & Suggestion to be that we be given a mechanism by which we can re-join a game in progress. But I'm guessing I'm not the first person to ask for that... ;)

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 13 March 2017, 20:29

No you're not hehe. :mrgreen:
PS4 CCL Admin

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 14 March 2017, 02:02

Sill I would like to see the option for PC, as you can reconnect and a 5 minute timer can be too short if your PC just blue screened.

But let's hope if I hit the pause button which is supposed to come in the LE edition it will pause the DC timer as well.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”