Speeding up the game: Move multiple players "at once"

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Speeding up the game: Move multiple players "at once"

Postby SirIronclad » 30 March 2017, 15:19

Allow coaches to move a player while one or more players are still moving after having been given a command. Only force coaches to wait if an action requires ANY dice roll.

This should help with the game flow in the future, which is especially important due to the upcoming optional skill changes in Legendary Edition.

theSovereign

Re: Speeding up the game: Move multiple players "at once"

Postby theSovereign » 05 April 2017, 17:49

This is a good suggestion to speed up the game in general. I would also rather have this as the way of setting up my team. I find the teleportation 'weird' and even in this case the animation has to be completed before i can select and teleport another player.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 05 April 2017, 19:59

Agreed. As long as no dice are rolled, this could both speed things up and create a more natural feel for things. Might be a pretty complex coding edit though.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 06 April 2017, 00:33

This is a good suggestion to speed up the game in general. I would also rather have this as the way of setting up my team. I find the teleportation 'weird' and even in this case the animation has to be completed before i can select and teleport another player.
I guess you were not around in the days when the walking animation played everytime you rearranged the players during set-up? And you hate to wait till they finished walking. Two thumbs up for walking your tree of the pitch.

Yes, in general the idea to let you move players till you roll some dice, might help. Personally I couldn't care either way, but from a gut feeling I think that the reprogramming of the animation and coding might be a little to heavy handed, since if you leave the camera option on all animations on, which person is the camera going to follow for the movement part. So that whole junk would need reprogramming.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”