Raising Bretonnian Blitzers' Armour Value to 9

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Lexingtond

Raising Bretonnian Blitzers' Armour Value to 9

Postby Lexingtond » 06 April 2017, 13:05

Dear forum and developers of Blood Bowl 2,

I have played around 100 games with the Bretonnian race and I must say that in my opinion the biggest problem with the team right now is the lack of Bretonnia's world famous heavy armour.

Bretonnia is famous for its heavily armored knights and yet in blood bowl 2 they have the same armor value as regular human catchers.

The Bretonnian blitzers all wear plate mail so heavy that you can hear the metal plates -clanking- together when they run around the pitch and yet their armor offers only the same protection as the much lighter armor of a human lineman.

Another example of such armor discrepancy is comparing the Bretonnian armor to Ork armor; In the old world, Orks are as famously un-armored as the Bretonnians are armored and yet in game an (almost naked) Ork lineman has AV9 while an ironclad Bretonnian blitzer has AV8.

Raising the blitzer's AV to 9 would allow the Bretonnian race to become competitive as they could then put their Blitzers to good use without risking losing one or two of them every game. It would also fit much better with the Bretonnians' back story and original design.

If you are looking to balance the game a bit more and make one of the worst teams in the game more in line with the other either AV9 or AG4 teams, please take my suggestion into consideration.

dode74

Re: Raising Bretonnian Blitzers' Armour Value to 9

Postby dode74 » 06 April 2017, 13:19

You're aware that Brets won CCL Cup in season 1, right? They don't appear to need buff: their performance is within the T1 bounds.

Ducke

Postby Ducke » 06 April 2017, 15:35

That was a fluke

dode74

Postby dode74 » 06 April 2017, 15:45

Maybe, and you would know, but it took a season of play to even get there. The overall performance data for Brets also puts them in T1, and I consider that far stronger evidence than a tournament.

Itchen

Postby Itchen » 06 April 2017, 17:00

Brets are quite a decent low TV team, but they will struggle much like humans do at the higher levels. But that wont show up on those pretty graphs that have all of life's answers, so it's not really worth mentioning.

Giving the Blitzers AV9 would make the team a bit too good in the range they are mostly played at. It would help in the long term I guess.

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 06 April 2017, 18:32

They should be more susceptible to lightning attacks with all that platemail!

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 06 April 2017, 19:04

Maybe, and you would know, but it took a season of play to even get there. The overall performance data for Brets also puts them in T1, and I consider that far stronger evidence than a tournament.
Meanwhile Brets still have the lowest winrate anywhere you look in BB2. But that's probably just fake news.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 06 April 2017, 19:22

Drop their MA in line with any AV increase.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 06 April 2017, 19:39

Meanwhile Brets still have the lowest winrate anywhere you look in BB2. But that's probably just fake news.
And if you buff Brets then another team will "have the lowest winrate anywhere you look in BB2".

The Bret winrate is where both the lead designer of the team and the BB2 team wanted it
They were designed to be a lower tier team (though not T3), so having them up against all T1 teams is bound to make them seem worse than they are. Rather than buff a team out of it's designed team, why not add some other lower tier teams, like they're doing in LE.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 06 April 2017, 19:47

The closer we ever get to 'true game balance' the more 2 dimensional & shallow this game would become.
Brets introduce their own unique playstyle & strategies to provide an extra challenge for & against coaches
(as will the new LE teams) - coaches who are too used to (or only used to) succeeding in the game via cookie cutter
builds on the more OP races regularly suffer when trying something new - if only we had to all go to 'Bret school'
for a couple of months before launching a team we'd find the win% far more favourable - but even if it wasn't - so what?
The whole point of tiers is to provide an extra challenge to a coaches campaign.. some coaches just hate or can't
fathom the idea of entering a match with an in built handycap (while many coaches relish it).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”