Raising Bretonnian Blitzers' Armour Value to 9

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
dode74

Re: Raising Bretonnian Blitzers' Armour Value to 9

Postby dode74 » 17 April 2017, 18:26

If the changes are bad, make your case. What you're saying, and really what you always say, is: "your argument is bad because it is". I can't speak for anyone else, but yes, I've noticed you're both full of shit.
If the changes are necessary, make your case. The burden of proof lies with you. So far you've got "I don't like the way it looks" which is nothing more than preference, to which my or anyone else's preference is sufficient counter. The only preference which matters is Cyanides and if they are happy with it then you're stuck.

And feel free to keep the personal attacks to a minimum. They don't make you look good.

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 18 April 2017, 00:20

Swag.

Lexingtond

Postby Lexingtond » 18 April 2017, 09:57

I don't understand why some people have to turn this into a debate, and one that has to be won at that.

I just started this thread because I wanted to let BB2's designers know that in my opinion as a valued customer, Bretonnian's of the Old World would never "ride" to a match in the same AV8 as regular Empire troops (players).

That gameplay comes before fluff is also just an opinion and not something everyone agrees with. A lot of people would play their favorite faction/race/team no matter how good or bad it would be in gameplay terms. An example of this can be found on FUMBBL where many players like playing Oger, Goblin or Vampire teams even though their wins are often few and far between.

My main issue with the AV8 is that it does not fit Bretonnians.

You can expect me to start another thread if the design team releases orange-skinned orcs, beardless dwarfs or a chaos faction with a heart of gold.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 18 April 2017, 11:17

So we're not allowed to post contrary opinions?

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 18 April 2017, 12:46

You started a debate. That's why.

Also on this forum literally anything turns into a debate.

Niessuh

Postby Niessuh » 19 April 2017, 09:19

Also on this forum literally anything turns into a debate.
This. It is so boring to see continous critique from the same people about everything over and over again. It looks as if everybody is attacking your personal universe. Just let people have creative ideas and receive constructive answers, who cares when GW and cyanide are doing whatever they want.

plasmoid

Postby plasmoid » 19 April 2017, 12:24

As I said back on page 3 - unless you imagine them to be überknights, then humans just aren't tough enough to be AV9.
Personally, I don't think überknights (such as Grail Knights) ought to be playing BB.

If you wanted to give them a buff, then I'd much prefer seeing them go to MA8. The blitzers did in fact have MA8 for quite a while before Cyanide picked up the team, but just around that time some playtesters were worried that MA8 might be too good, and as I didn't want to be the guy who broke Blood Bowl, I got cold feet and pushed them back to MA7.

I know that MA8 is controversially high - but at least it is a human stat: Human catchers have it too.
Cheers
Martin

dode74

Postby dode74 » 19 April 2017, 12:26

I know that MA8 is controversially high - but at least it is a human stat: Human catchers have it too.
And some feel that as fast as a wardancer is too fast for a human ;)

MA8 on Bret Blitzers would be far more of a buff than AV9, particularly in conjunction with the A access.

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 19 April 2017, 15:33

If you wanted to give them a buff, then I'd much prefer seeing them go to MA8.
Have you played much Brets in BB2? Also, what's your take on their price tags? Personally I think they're very overpriced. In general, however, I'd like to point out to everyone that Legendary Edition might render all ongoing balance discussions obsolete.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 19 April 2017, 16:18

In general, however, I'd like to point out to everyone that Legendary Edition might render all ongoing balance discussions obsolete.
Yep, absolutely. A reassessment when we have a decent amount of data from a more complete environment would be a good thing.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”