Raising Bretonnian Blitzers' Armour Value to 9

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Niessuh

Re: Raising Bretonnian Blitzers' Armour Value to 9

Postby Niessuh » 08 April 2017, 07:47

I guess it's not only a problem to be competitive but to be interesting - Brets are usually the least played team on every competition, despite being brand new.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 08 April 2017, 07:56

Undead and WE were both played less than Brets in CCL S4.

Niessuh

Postby Niessuh » 08 April 2017, 08:26

But not in S5 where they almost double the number of games being played by brets. Have you look into S1-S2-S3? a single case does not prove anything, right? :D

There are two reasons for S4. About Undead, with Khemri being just released, who wants to play with an old simmilar team. About WE, they are the first team payed content, a lot of fresh players missed the special offer. Brets are there from the beggining, for every single player.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 08 April 2017, 08:42

More played than HE in S1. And rationalisation is rationalisation ;)

Thing is, "all teams played the same amount" is not necessarily a worthy goal, nor is it directly indicative of balance (although there can be correlation, it's not necessarily causal). It's that sort of thinking which brought us the Orc nerf which was thankfully reversed.

Niessuh

Postby Niessuh » 08 April 2017, 09:02

Sorry but I am looking at mordreks site and in S1 I am seeing Brets with 748 matches and HE with 783. Also this was the season Ducke won by playing with Brets right?

Anyways, I agree with you about games played not being a reason to nerf teams such as the ork case. But not being played is a good reason to make uninteresting and plain teams more atractive.

Another idea to do this with Brets, BTW:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=8571

dode74

Postby dode74 » 08 April 2017, 09:17

mordrek is missing some S1 data for some reason. We've spoken about it before. Both teams are up in the 1200-1300 range in S1.
not being played is a good reason to make uninteresting and plain teams more atractive
Buffing them is not the answer, though. Gameplay has to come first and they are performing just fine since the A access was added to the Blitzers.

As for your other idea, a female star is something I suggested to Cyanide some time ago - I think I called her Jean d'Orc or something. I think it'd be a good thing for them to have and suitably fluffy.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 08 April 2017, 15:41

Actually the star player point is very valid. Would love for bretts to have some stars of their very own.

Do bretts still have the exact same options as humans? If so thats a bit boring. Would be worth looking at this.

plasmoid

Postby plasmoid » 11 April 2017, 08:17

Hi all,
Darkson said:
Should point out that the Blitzers having full plate armour is a graphics decision Cyanide took - the guy that designed the team never meant for them to be fully armoured in the same way as a knight on the battlefield.

For the record, I'm "that guy". And I don't think AV9 blitzers is the right way to go.
2 reasons:
1) The Bretonnian Blitzer isn't based of über powerful knights like grail knights. BB positionals are rarely based on the best Warhammer troops, and if they are, then they are massively toned down. If they weren't, we'd have AG5 elfs coming out the wazooo.
The Bretonnian blitzer was (loosely) based on the more modest Errant Knight - Young rash knights out to prove their worth.
That's why I've avoided monsterous stats like ST4, AG4 or AV9 - all of which have been suggested elsewhere.

2) BB-AV is based on a combination of Toughness and Armor. AFAIK every AV9 piece in BB is based on a T4 troop in Warhammer.
Most (all?) species only span 2 points of AV: One "naked", and one armoured. Like humans (and skaven and elfs) being naked at AV7 and armoured at AV8. Or Orcs/dwarfs at AV8-9. There are no AV10 Orcs. And there are no AV9 Humans/elfs/skaven. (No, a Chaos Warrior isn't really human anymore).

...Now, if one were to make a tweak to the Bret team - and I don't particularly think there is a pressing reason to - I'd go with:
a) Linemen to AV8. Bretonnian commoners have to be puny and downtrodden. Right now they are ill-trained and ill-equipped. Being just ill-trained would still get the message across.
b) ReRolls to 60K. Mixing commoners and aristocracy is bad for team cohesion. But 60K rerolls would still be more than the 50K for standard humans. No need to go all the way to 70K.

Thing is: Both of these help the team right from the outset, and in my experience they're not particularly bad at TV1000.
I guess something that would help them in later Development without doing much good in early play would be:
c) One or two useful (and slightly underpriced) unique start players. This would be particularly useful because Bret teams start to struggle as TV climbs, so a smart coach will keep is TV trimmed - and because teams with weak linemen get the biggest on-pitch boost from using stars.

Cheers
Martin

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 11 April 2017, 11:53

plasmoid wrote:Thing is: Both of these help the team right from the outset, and in my experience they're not particularly bad at TV1000.
I guess something that would help them in later Development without doing much good in early play would be:
c) One or two useful (and slightly underpriced) unique start players. This would be particularly useful because Bret teams start to struggle as TV climbs, so a smart coach will keep is TV trimmed - and because teams with weak linemen get the biggest on-pitch boost from using stars.

The thing I would like to see for them would be a star player on a freaking horse as a big guy substitute, no clue about what stat line or trraits, but just from fluff reasons. Might make him secret weapon since bringing a war horse on the pitch should not be allowed.

A few ideas that come to mind give him horns (for the lance, so same rules but different optic, since a charging knight would cause some real damage), leap since clearly horses can jump, maybe with extra long legs so you leave him at ag3 and still let the leap be kinda reliable. And take it from there. This is clearly not balanced ideas just some fluff ideas that floated around my brain.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 11 April 2017, 12:19

No riding animals allowed, and haven't been for many years (this was a DYK from the early 90s iirc).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”