Important change needed

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Miraskadu

Re: Important change needed

Postby Miraskadu » 17 April 2017, 00:23

Ok, let's try this again.

After explaining it to you in PM, might as well answer here, since you opened the thread again.

Do you have the stats of why people quit or a way to collect them please enlighten us, I would be vastly interested as would other people?

Most people in this thread, myself included, told you that no one, minds having option for custom leagues. The more the better.

The issue is to implement those option it will take development time, which is a limited resource and not free (believe it or not). Hence, cyanide needs to way up what developments they will prioritize. And the change you propose are seemingly not high on their list, since there is not a vast amount of people (read costumer) asking for them. The most asked for are the remaining races to be brought out, which legendary edition will do and where according to Netheos, cyanide is concentrating their development time.

Finally, I already told you that if you want to get rid of the Kick Off events, you can do so in a private league, if you don't like certain skills you can ban them from your league as a league enforced rule.
If you don't like fouling or stalling, there is a so called 'Gentlemen league', which forbids both of these things. I have no clue if they are still active, but they might be.

If that is still not enough and you keep moaning about how the game should be fixed so that you can enjoy it, I go back to my popcorn and enjoy the show in the forums.

cheerio,

your friendly neighborhood Troll of the forums. (Thanks for that title by the way.)

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 17 April 2017, 10:01

Do you have the stats of why people quit or a way to collect them please enlighten us, I would be vastly interested as would other people?(Thanks for that title by the way.)
I asked the forum for this? Why the hell you ask me??

Just trolling again?

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 17 April 2017, 12:11

So you want people to find stats that back up your position? Surely if you're convinced it is such a big problem you already have evidence to back up your viewpoint?

If you haven't, then I'd think it would be your duty to find said evidence, and not expect others to do the work for you.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 17 April 2017, 12:46

one keyplayer out first blow.
That made me chuckle actually. Remember when i talked about tactics to defy randomness? Well not exposing your key player is one of the main tactic around ...

Im almost never able to get a good hit on my opponent star player, and i think that's because they understood something you haven't ...

I can link you some basic playbook if you want to learn to play, btw.

Edit : More facts for you, you seems to like it. After 4 CCL season on PS4, we have had around 30 different players making the playoffs. There have been 64 slots since the beginning, for a player pool around 250. So the fact that we often see the same faces and that some guys made the playoffs 4 season in a row is only luck? Sorry, but i doubt it :lol:
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 17 April 2017, 14:47

Do you have the stats of why people quit or a way to collect them please enlighten us, I would be vastly interested as would other people?(Thanks for that title by the way.)
I asked the forum for this? Why the hell you ask me??

Just trolling again?

It was a sincere question, you seem to convince that this data exist and it can clearly show you assumption. Similar reason you asked the forum, I guess. You might have the information. And the second you seem to know something about the correlation about luck factor and turn off of new players.

Nope, still not trolling, but I get the feeling you are trolling me about trolling you. So that would be reverse trolling or trolling time two so trolling squard? Gotta think about that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your confused neighboor troll.

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 17 April 2017, 21:36

one keyplayer out first blow.
That made me chuckle actually. Remember when i talked about tactics to defy randomness? Well not exposing your key player is one of the main tactic around ...

Im almost never able to get a good hit on my opponent star player, and i think that's because they understood something you haven't ...

I can link you some basic playbook if you want to learn to play, btw.

Edit : More facts for you, you seems to like it. After 4 CCL season on PS4, we have had around 30 different players making the playoffs. There have been 64 slots since the beginning, for a player pool around 250. So the fact that we often see the same faces and that some guys made the playoffs 4 season in a row is only luck? Sorry, but i doubt it :lol:
Of course skill helps in BB2, and if it's possible to reroll .... the best players have a much higher chance of getting 1-2 teams (or more) high on the ranking lists. The amount of skill is of course THAT big in this game. I never denied that.

If all random events during the matches (except weather) were removed and every KO was treated as a stun, every inj treated as a KO, and every death treated as an injury, the SKILL factor would go up by XX%, and would make this game truly great.

Yes, you like to troll me, one of the few that raises his voice vs the destroying randomness. But this time I know I am right. This game would be AWSOME with this minor changes.

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 17 April 2017, 21:50

There is already an option to turn kick-off events off when you create a league competition.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 18 April 2017, 04:52

Of course skill helps in BB2, and if it's possible to reroll .... the best players have a much higher chance of getting 1-2 teams (or more) high on the ranking lists. The amount of skill is of course THAT big in this game. I never denied that.

If all random events during the matches (except weather) were removed and every KO was treated as a stun, every inj treated as a KO, and every death treated as an injury, the SKILL factor would go up by XX%, and would make this game truly great.
Like proposed by some people somewhere up there (including me if I recall correctly) have a wait for legendary edition and try out resurrection format. None of the injuries stay on your team after the match has finished. And you can turn off kick off events in a private league. So you have that option already.
Yes, you like to troll me, one of the few that raises his voice vs the destroying randomness. But this time I know I am right. This game would be AWSOME with this minor changes.
First of the changes (now are we still talking about options or real changes to the game now?) are not minor ones. Just some numbers, you gain spp for injuries to develop your players, you pretty much taking this way of developing players out of the game by the proposed changes. After an armour break (no niggle, no mighty blow) the chance to injure you player is 16.67%. The chance of killing your player is a 1 in 6 after the injury roll has been made. So with your changes in place we are looking at a 2.78% chance instead.

A second way of developing you team is handling the ball, many races are utterly inept in doing so and rely on their players to injure their opponents to be able to develop their team. So this is anything but a small change, you are changing the underlying rules on which the teams were designed and 'semi' balanced.

Lastly, oxford dictionary defines awesome as:
informal Extremely good; excellent
While the definition of excellent is:
Extremely good; outstanding.
Both those terms rely upon a definition what is good. The problem is that this definition is subjective in nature, what you might find good other might find appalling. If you do not believe this to be the case, I would recommend reading up on sexual fetishes, a hint of warning this might not be SFW. :roll:

So all there is to your argument is: " I don't like it, so it must be change." And repeating again if your changes would be in as an option sure, why not. But let get through the community wish list first. (Changes more than one person asked for.)

And lastly trolling is defined as:
Make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
So far the only one insulting other and provoking others has been you?

Your still confused friendly neighborhood troll. (Are you my long lost cousin?)

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 20 April 2017, 00:22

You just keep going don't you. Living your life on this forum.

Maybe, just maybe I reach into the changes in the new edition you guys are talking about.

The randomness in this game is extreme!!!! Just at least give me that consent. It's extreme!

When a game with "price" money is epic luck oriented.. it's a joke!

I am a decent player, but when I start each match, I am crossing my fingers, all of them, knowing it can turn really ugly for me in seconds... if luck going only one way, the inj and KO box is full in some rounds. One time I played with a rat team, ALL of my rats were out of the pitch when turn 7 started. The dwarfs played 2 turns without any of my players on the field. You know then how big the randomness can be. It's simply too much. I understand the fantastic fun, random bobs, have by this luck element. Like I stated many times now, my suggested changes HAVE to be added in the upcomming edition.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 20 April 2017, 05:00

You just keep going don't you. Living your life on this forum.
Yes, cause this is somehow entertaining and if you keep spewing BS you will get answers.
Maybe, just maybe I reach into the changes in the new edition you guys are talking about.
Do or don't it is your choice not going to force you to play a game that you don't enjoy.
The randomness in this game is extreme!!!! Just at least give me that consent. It's extreme!
As stated above if the luck factor would be extreme how can the same coaches continue to qualify or be at the top of the ladder with different teams over different seasons. And even YOU stated that skill plays a major factor, so what is it now skill or luck?
When a game with "price" money is epic luck oriented.. it's a joke!
So it comes down to that there is money on the line for the first time? And man, you must hate poker tournaments.Ever tried to change those rules as well to make it more skill based?
I am a decent player, but when I start each match, I am crossing my fingers, all of them, knowing it can turn really ugly for me in seconds... if luck going only one way, the inj and KO box is full in some rounds. One time I played with a rat team, ALL of my rats were out of the pitch when turn 7 started. The dwarfs played 2 turns without any of my players on the field. You know then how big the randomness can be. It's simply too much.
I am assuming the coach Daggerheart is you? If not ignore the following statement.

Ok, I made the effort and looked into the stats from last seasons, you started playing in the CCL, the first time this season and you have an atrocious record to be honest. From 29 games you conceded 15 times (slight hint you won't have a chance at the pricepool anymore since you conceded to many times and will be removed from the CCL, it is in the rules feel free to complain about that as well. :mrgreen: )

And getting pitch cleard on T7, how many blocks did you give the dwarve? Did you base him everyturn with every single player? But sure don't blame your choices but the dice, always a good way out.
I understand the fantastic fun, random bobs, have by this luck element. Like I stated many times now, my suggested changes HAVE to be added in the upcomming edition.
And like everyone in this forum including the developer stated no they don't. If you do not like the rules don't play the game.

I'm done here, since you seem to be to thick to understand that this game is enjoyed in its current state but a vast amount of people, and if you don't like it, go play something else easy as that.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”