Important change needed

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Daggerheart

Important change needed

Postby Daggerheart » 12 April 2017, 12:44

I love strategy and tactics... I love most part of the game Blood Bowl.

Sadly I quitted playing the game several times the last years due to issues I want to now address:

I respect the official rules and I also respect the main leauges and competitions follow this rules, however. I simply CAN'T understand why users of Blood bowl 2 can't make CUSTOM leauges were we can set some important parameters ourselves. Something like this:

Deaths: Yes/No
Random events (not including weather): Yes/No
Death treated as: Death/injury/KO
Injures treated as: Injury/KO
KO's treated as: KO/stun
Claws reduce armor to: 7/8

This would make the game fantastic for me, and I can play Blood Bowl without this HIGH level of randomness. Common, at least as our own CUSTOM leauges! This would have been the single biggest change for me at least, so I don't have to stop playing again... it's sad, since this game has so nice potential without all the random luck. I can't see the suggested change requires alot of programming.

If you agree on this. Hope you will write or click support!

Please.

Sincerely,

Daggerheart
Last edited by Daggerheart on 12 April 2017, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Miraskadu

Re: Important change needed

Postby Miraskadu » 12 April 2017, 12:56

First off options are great for any game to be played.

Just a short question did you have a look at the legendary announcement, since from your post resurrection and team maker could be something that would suit you rather fine, since it eliminates the randomness between matches.

The option for rules are harder to get done, imo. Since it would need changes to the game rules and hence the base of the game. And depending on how cyanide coded that into the game it can be something of changing just a data table to going back and changing the actual code.

And lastly the changes proposed is as far as I am aware not something the large community wants, so they would be catering to a niche audience in a niche game. ;)

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 12 April 2017, 13:04

Well since the main group that loves BB2, LOVES the randomness. So I did not expect support from the LOVERS of random luck!!!!

This randomness destroys the game for me! Of course I did not expect anyone here would support me... but let's see if I get suprised!

Maybe those that are like me, either 1) did not buy BB2 since they knew about the luck part 2) Left because it was so much random things in the matches.

So maybe please listen to me because of 1) and 2).

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 12 April 2017, 13:07

I don't think we love randomness. I think we love to defy Nuffle by playing the best way we can. Success in BB can't be measured out of a single game. Once you learn that, there is less salt.
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 12 April 2017, 13:12

Eh.... that's a sure statement you love random luck. A guy that uses "Nuffle" word, is crazy in love in random stuff.... why you lie?? Dude you don't need to lie... kind of sad. "Love to defy nuffle"... is not "Love random events"?? Your impressive logic beats me. Keep the rules, all of them. Keep your "lucky" BB2 main leauges and competitions.

But why can't we that likes the nice, "pure", strategy and tactics part of BB2 get the OPTION of making our own CUSTOM leauges???
Last edited by Daggerheart on 12 April 2017, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 April 2017, 13:21

If you don't like the random element I can recommend Frozen Cortex. Take a look on Steam.

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 12 April 2017, 13:42

If you don't like the random element I can recommend Frozen Cortex. Take a look on Steam.
So that's the only option? Play other games? With some few hours of programming (just changing some numbers mainly) we can get our own custom leauges, and don't have to stop playing.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 April 2017, 13:48

No, it's not the only option. I was giving you an alternative which you might enjoy. I'm all for options and always have been, although I think you may be underestimating the requisite amount of time to enable them.

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 12 April 2017, 13:52

No, it's not the only option. I was giving you an alternative which you might enjoy. I'm all for options and always have been, although I think you may be underestimating the requisite amount of time to enable them.
Eh... not sure how much you know about programming, but this can be done in less than a day (1 person). But this is the problem also: The ones that made/programmed this game, highly probably loves Blood bowl = loves random luck and will not change it for ANY cause. And not caring that me and many others leaves the game due to the high randomness, and no real options to create less random leauges.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 April 2017, 14:04

So you think that a whole new UI page, including artwork etc, to accommodate the required options, as well as the back end changes, will take one person less than one day to carry out? Okay...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”