Important change needed

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Netheos
Administrateur

Re: Important change needed

Postby Netheos » 12 April 2017, 14:12

Options are always nice. We always prefer to give options to players, but it demands more ressources (time, money and human power). Hence we have to choose some features over others.

We don't love randomness more than the average player. We based the content list for Legendary entirely on players feedback. If more people would have requested the changes you mention in your post, it could have been in the list. But probably at the expense of other features listed here.

Also a short answer about the fact that implementing some features would take 1 day of work. Although unlikely, it might be true for some features, but you also have to consider how they interact with the rest of the game, and how long it would take to properly test and debug them. Each new build of the game has also to be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC, meaning new constraints.

Yes, if you take each feature one by one, they might seem easy to implement. But developing a full game on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Mac isn't about adding small bits of code together. It takes time and planning to fulfil precise objectives, which we chose to base on the most requested features since the release of Blood Bowl 2.
Focus Team

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 12 April 2017, 14:25

So you think that a whole new UI page, including artwork etc, to accommodate the required options, as well as the back end changes, will take one person less than one day to carry out? Okay...
The optional meny for leauges is already there, it's just underdeveloped. No extra UI page or artwork needed. My suggestions requires mainly only some copy paste and the small changes in the results charts.

This is for the Steam PC players... Why you put all the consoles and stuff into it??...

I think YOU perfectly know what I am suggesting.. you're a smart guy. You KNOW what I suggest. The game is filled with random and you love it and don't want to change it, don't want to put in on ANY list. Stop at least to pretend you don't understand WHY I suggest it! The people that agree with me don't even bother to register here and voice their opinion. You don't know why this is???

In one game, 5 of my top elves were killed by a random new team. The 5 of them were grinded and loved, I left the game for 2 years due to this match. WHY FOR THE SAKE OF GOD YOU DON'T ADD A CUSTOM OPTION!! Players that hate this shit don't even bother to register here... they know it's like hitting a brick wall. And don't come with this, defying Nuffle idiot thing again, the 5 elves killed by random new team is not "defying" nuffle. It's total idiot randomness!
Last edited by Daggerheart on 20 April 2017, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 12 April 2017, 14:55

Eh.... that's a sure statement you love random luck. A guy that uses "Nuffle" word, is crazy in love in random stuff.... why you lie?? Dude you don't need to lie... kind of sad. "Love to defy nuffle"... is not "Love random events"?? Your impressive logic beats me. Keep the rules, all of them. Keep your "lucky" BB2 main leauges and competitions.

But why can't we that likes the nice, "pure", strategy and tactics part of BB2 get the OPTION of making our own CUSTOM leauges???

Pretty sure i know better than you what i like in that game. Dude, if you don't want other people opinions don't share yours on a public forum ... quite simple doesnt it?

The main goal of Blood Bowl is that your tactics are good enough to make up for the randomness, an ability you clearly don't master, otherwise you wouldnt want some changes.
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Madfrog

Postby Madfrog » 12 April 2017, 15:09

Where are those popcorn- and coke-smilies if you really need them...

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 12 April 2017, 17:59

Ok, this went from "not liking the randomness of the game" to "I'm fighting for the silent majority" really fast.

Slight hint if you look for a pure strategy game with no randomness, I might suggest chess.

Maybe you heard of it. /s

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 16 April 2017, 20:03

I can't stop making this comment: Watched my son play the game today. The randomness is overwhelming. 2-3 KOs and injuries on one side, one keyplayer out first blow. The luck element is unreal in this game, but you guys keep defending changes. 2nd half started by giving the leading team bonus turn so they got the ball. Not enough defenders to make a good block of possible landings. The game was close to one way luck all game.

Don't change OUR RANDOM game, go play chess! That's your mantra. This game HAS big potential to be more skill focused and a really good game. But the french makers stops it - thats a fact!

Why no stats on how many that quits this game due to the amount of random?? I bet you are not even interested in knowing this. Or how many that would have played it if they knew they could make less random leauges. Or even have main luckleauge (current) and one that actually required skill to win.

And you will of course talk about skill and guys winning 24-0-0 to prove this game is so much skill. 24 wins no losses is incredible lucky in a game were 3-4 guys can get killed or injured first 2-3 turns. Let's just admit that. Those 24 wins and no draw and losses is like winning a lottery.
Last edited by Daggerheart on 16 April 2017, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 16 April 2017, 20:18

Don't change OUR RANDOM game, go play chess! That's your mantra. This game HAS big potential to be more skill focused and a really good game. But the french makers stops it - thats a fact!
First, you're right: don't change OUR random game. A lot of people are here because we want to play Blood Bowl, and Blood Bowl has a lot of randomness. If you don't like that then play something else. I don't particularly like Monopoly as games go, but you don't see me going to Monopoly forums and demanding it be changed.
Second, Blood Bowl is made by a British company, Games Workshop. They own the IP and gave (through a convoluted route) Cyanide the licence to make a PC version.

There are no stats on how many quits "due to the amount of random" because the game doesn't ask people why they quit. And you're right: I don't care if people quit because they don't like "the amount of random", because that means they don't like Blood Bowl.

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 16 April 2017, 20:28

First, you're right: don't change OUR random game. A lot of people are here because we want to play Blood Bowl, and Blood Bowl has a lot of randomness. If you don't like that then play something else. I don't particularly like Monopoly as games go, but you don't see me going to Monopoly forums and demanding it be changed.

There are no stats on how many quits "due to the amount of random" because the game doesn't ask people why they quit. And you're right: I don't care if people quit because they don't like "the amount of random", because that means they don't like Blood Bowl.
This game has so much potential if one makes the changes/options I already described in the start of the topic. So many "small" changes will reduce the random and change the game to a real treat. Monopoly nothing like this. This game has big potential with changes. The game will still be violent and brutal, even if less luck oriented.

I defend your rights to have your random game, but I fight to be able to make my own optional leauge.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 16 April 2017, 20:54

I have absolutely no problem with you having options and have said as much before in this thread, but that's not what you've been saying apart from in the OP. You might like your changes, but not everyone will.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 16 April 2017, 22:04

Why no stats on how many that quits this game due to the amount of random??
Because... our mind-reading device in on the fritz?
I bet you are not even interested in knowing this. Or how many that would have played it if they knew they could make less random leauges.
I'd love to know those things, but there's no good way to do so... even if you had an uninstall questionnaire the only people motivated to fill it out, given their lack of interest in the game, would be people who are angry enough to do so, confounding any results such that they wouldn't be particularly valid for any use.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”