My race tweak suggestions

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
dode74

Re: My race tweak suggestions

Postby dode74 » 22 April 2017, 11:08

Several tournament finishes (top 25/top 100) Will say A LOT about how balanced the teams are.
All of the data (which is what we are using at the moment) will say a lot more.
it will give you an pretty good estimate how good each race hold itself in overall tournament mode.
Why is "tournament mode" (whatever that is) the relevant "mode"?
who cares about BBRC??? who cares that the board game has a broken balance??? Let's make BB2 more balanced.
BB2 is a PC version of a board game. YOU might not care, but a lot of people who came to BB2 from the board game, and/or play both, care. BB2 is made under licence from GW. Cyanide has previously made their own fantasy football game called Chaos League (which I enjoyed, along with the sequel), but a lawsuit led to them making Blood Bowl. Let's keep Blood Bowl as Blood Bowl, not DaggerheartBowl.
The balance in Blood Bowl up to the TV1900-1950ish is a joke. Weird you claim this...
It's defined and works in accordance with the definition. I claim it because it is a fact supported by the data. That you don't like how it is defined is another matter entirely.

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 23 April 2017, 17:09

Statement: The races are good on different TVs and this balances out in the end...

Comment: Eh, NO! When you look upon the top 10, 25, 50 and 100 teams that make the top of the tournament lists (yes it's aprox 1800-1950 TV ending). There is a HUGE performance difference in the balance between races. Guess why? Some races have advantages, common EVERYBODY understand this! Or else you must try to take a test or something. Guess what, the results from tournaments show it, plain and clear...

Is it possible to make minior changes, and still keep the "special" characteristics of the race? Of course it is!

Giving the armor 7 vikings on the norse team block and thick skull, and keep their cost to same. It will not change the race in any major way. Ok, that was just an example. Giving blitzers of Bretonnians armor 9 will not change the race in any major way, but make them slighty stronger, as they SHOULD. Ok, this was just some examples.

Of course how the different races perform in real action tournaments that "ends" around TV1900-2000 should of course be used to balance the things out abit. Not big changes, just minor ones to the weakest races.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 23 April 2017, 18:09

Of course how the different races perform in real action tournaments that "ends" around TV1900-2000 should of course be used to balance the things out abit
Why? The races are balanced around lifetime performance. That's the game design intent. I get you don't like that, but that's what it is.

brynjar
Facebook: brynjar konradsson

Postby brynjar » 29 May 2017, 20:56

I'm looking forward to see your balance suggestions for halflings, ogres and gobbos when they arrive :P

Niessuh

Postby Niessuh » 31 May 2017, 10:39

I suggest loner skill removed from trolls in goblin teams, trees in halfling teams and ogres in ogre teams. After all they are not alone anymore. :mrgreen: That would improve those team's unreliability a lot.

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 31 May 2017, 11:09

I suggest loner skill removed from trolls in goblin teams, trees in halfling teams and ogres in ogre teams.
Treemen and Ogres don't have Loner in those teams. ;)

olivier.b

Postby olivier.b » 31 May 2017, 19:24

Hi,
All teams are not balanced , it s obvious.

For Vampires for example, reducing rerolls cost from 70k to 50K or 60K will boost the team to be more competitive.
Teams tweaking will allow more diversity!

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 31 May 2017, 21:46

Giving the armor 7 vikings on the norse team block and thick skull, and keep their cost to same. It will not change the race in any major way. Ok, that was just an example. Giving blitzers of Bretonnians armor 9 will not change the race in any major way, but make them slighty stronger, as they SHOULD. Ok, this was just some examples.

Of course how the different races perform in real action tournaments that "ends" around TV1900-2000 should of course be used to balance the things out abit. Not big changes, just minor ones to the weakest races.
Different environments have different needs?

You care about ' tournaments that "ends" around TV1900-2000'. Some people care more about leagues that never end. Some people care more about shorter events.

Your changes would need to be able to buff teams later in life without making them too strong early.
CaRBB

SaintTodd

Postby SaintTodd » 31 May 2017, 22:52

Different environments have different needs?

You care about ' tournaments that "ends" around TV1900-2000'. Some people care more about leagues that never end. Some people care more about shorter events.

Your changes would need to be able to buff teams later in life without making them too strong early.
That hardly matters. I've made suggestions that gut Brettonians early in exchange for making them a bit better in the long run, and this community wasn't interested.
Fact is, balance discussions get nowhere with this community. There isn't even a point in discussing why.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”