After roughly 30 years of blood bowl the game needs real new races

Share your ideas and Suggestions about Blood Bowl 2.
Robinzx

After roughly 30 years of blood bowl the game needs real new races

Postby Robinzx » 02 June 2017, 07:00

The game is great. Cyanide version is getting better and better and we hope it will be mark perfect with legendary edition but now... after 30 years of life span for bb, gamesworkshop an cyanide imao should assemble new races.

Why khorne race has disappeared? It is a pity. It was real fun on the pitch.

Will we have new races, after launching legendary edition, as dlc?

There are pre assembled races in the secret league of fummbl to start from.

Another great approach should be add dungeon bowl as a dlc ( with the launch button inside the main page of blood bowl) giving the idea of a sub league.

All the players model are there. If Cyanide creates the floor tiles and leave to the modders the possibility to create the dungeon pitch he will kill two pigeons with a stone: costs rreduction and to make happy people who ask for a workshop and modding. This could revamp on the long run the franchise

Waht do yiu think netheos?

Darkson

Re: After roughly 30 years of blood bowl the game needs real new races

Postby Darkson » 02 June 2017, 09:47

Your title is slightly misleading, as it's not as if the current races have all been in the game since day 1, and it's not as if nothing has been added in 30 years.

And if you looked, you'd see that GW are intending to, and have, added new races to the game recently as part of their re-release of the game (mainly as "optional" rosters) and are adding new players/Stars to the current rosters.

Cyanide made a Dungeonbowl game, but it was on their own, without Focus, so can't be incorporated to the game here, and nor are you allowed to talk about it here (as this is a Focus forum). Do a search for "Cyanide Dungeonbowl" and it will find you the forum and website for the game, but be warned, it's dead, as the game was poor, bugged and badly balanced due to Cyanide changes.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 02 June 2017, 20:32

Cyanide definitely has plans to add more races after LE.

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 03 June 2017, 07:49

Cyanide definitely has plans to add more races after LE.
+1 if it is true
Where do you get your info from? i Haven t read anything about

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 03 June 2017, 20:06

+1 if it is true
Where do you get your info from? i Haven t read anything about
They never made any definite statements, but hinted at it well enough. That they had plans for the time after the LE release for example. People who did some data-mining also found all sorts of team mentions, like Khorne (from BB1 probably) and most interestingly Slaanesh. For the latter people have been theorizing an agility mutation team.

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 03 June 2017, 23:00

It may have been the initial plan but as i do not see the Khorne showing up nor announced any time soon two years down the line , i would not be surprised if they changed their strategy. One thing we can specualte and would do more sense would be for them to finish to unravell all the roster of LRB6 ( with legendary edition and possible add on like a chaos edition ...) then offer an new major update with BB2016 rules and updated roster . By then GWS would have also progress on its release of rosters . In the end i would not be surprise to see within the same game 2 competing set of rules within the same client. For example a COL old world ( lrb6 roster and rules) and a COL new world (bb2016 rules and new rosters ) .

dode74

Postby dode74 » 03 June 2017, 23:05

i would not be surprise to see within the same game 2 competing set of rules within the same client. For example a COL old world ( lrb6 roster and rules) and a COL new world (bb2016 rules and new rosters ) .
I would love to see the option to use any set of rules (or even cherrypick them), but I very much doubt any sort of split in the "official" leagues will be considered. Splitting the playerbase isn't a particularly healthy idea and should only be done when necessary.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 03 June 2017, 23:35

That they had plans for the time after the LE release for example. People who did some data-mining also found all sorts of team mentions, like Khorne (from BB1 probably) and most interestingly Slaanesh. For the latter people have been theorizing an agility mutation team.
Had plans... but it's important to note that khorne and slaneesh were in the XML files for a long, long time without any further... anything.. showing up for them. On the other hand Kislev showed up only once they announced LE as having it as a Slaan replacement... so they're not sticking to any long-term plan, they're just doing whatever they feel like at the time.
In the end i would not be surprise to see within the same game 2 competing set of rules within the same client. For example a COL old world ( lrb6 roster and rules) and a COL new world (bb2016 rules and new rosters ) .
I'd be totally shocked if that happened. Cyanide doesn't seem like the sort of company that budgets time for parallel rulesets... they certainly didn't do any real work on real-time mode once BB1 released! The idea that they'd make two rulesets and use different rosters in each seems deeeeeeeeeply unlikely.

I'll be shocked if they even update BB2 to the new GW BB rules prior to yet another release like LE that comes a year or two after LE... if at all.
Splitting the playerbase isn't a particularly healthy idea and should only be done when necessary.
It's fine if you sincerely believe that it'll be a slow migration rather than an actual split. It would be totally fine to make two COL ladders... one rez, one full attrition and let them run. It'd likely result in everyone playing in one or the other after 6 months, letting the empty one be shut down.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 05 June 2017, 11:24

Splitting the playerbase isn't a particularly healthy idea and should only be done when necessary.
It's fine if you sincerely believe that it'll be a slow migration rather than an actual split. It would be totally fine to make two COL ladders... one rez, one full attrition and let them run. It'd likely result in everyone playing in one or the other after 6 months, letting the empty one be shut down.
I don't think that you would kill off attrition as easily as that.

Rez would need a good seasons implementation to keep a lot of the attrition guys. That would probably frustrate the people who really want big rez teams.

If you apply the CPOMB nerf there'll be less need for rez anyway.
CaRBB

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 05 June 2017, 14:53

I don't think that you would kill off attrition as easily as that.
I think it would kill off attrition pretty quickly, and would highlight the deep difference between the people who post on the forums and the people who make up the majority of the playerbase... as people would scream and grind their teeth on forums, but the actual play would shift away from attrition readily.

I'd very much enjoy finding out either way, though!
Rez would need a good seasons implementation to keep a lot of the attrition guys. That would probably frustrate the people who really want big rez teams.
I don't think it'd need those seasons, honestly, but it'd be fine if they were put in place. A lot of people talk about teams full of legends under rez... but those same people claim to understand the concept of TV bloat, and not just as it pertains to injuries.

That said, it'd obviously depend on whether such a system was done using TV or TVPlus rating for inducements. In the former case you'd certainly need some sort of downward pressure in order to prevent the environment from becoming virtually inaccessible to new teams. The playerbase is simply too small to mitigate the large differences in TV that would occur between the people who want to play the same team for months or years, and people who were trying to start a new one... at least without the new ones simply accepting that they'll lose their first 20 games without fail...
If you apply the CPOMB nerf there'll be less need for rez anyway.
There really won't. FUMBBL removed Pile On... lets see if B stops being full of claw teams at high TV, or if we start seeing a lot of elf teams up there. I bet you're not going to see a radical long-term shift in demographics.

In perpetual play teams that take the fewest losses will always be increasingly represented in higher levels of development (simply because they can get and stay there more easily) and teams that can beat and/or dismantle those teams will eventually dominate those demographic categories. Minor changes won't change that fact.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”