[Pending] [Bug] Team Formations Not Saving

Yojimbo252

[Pending] [Bug] Team Formations Not Saving

Postby Yojimbo252 » 12 August 2014, 13:10

I'm experiencing a big problem in that my custom team formations are no longer saving during campaign play.

This means every new game I start I have to setup my formations again from scratch which is time consuming and I sometimes don't make the timer cut-off.

It used to be working ok during a campaign but for some reason it's simply stopped working.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Darkson

Re: [Pending] [Bug] Team Formations Not Saving

Postby Darkson » 12 August 2014, 15:07

Don't know if it causes the same problems on tablets, but the advice on the PC is DON'T use saved custom formations - EVER. They've been bugged from day 1, and cause more problems than they solve. 2/4 minutes should be plenty of time to set up in whatever format you want (40secs is a gamble).
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Yojimbo252

Postby Yojimbo252 » 12 August 2014, 15:51

Don't know if it causes the same problems on tablets, but the advice on the PC is DON'T use saved custom formations - EVER. They've been bugged from day 1, and cause more problems than they solve. 2/4 minutes should be plenty of time to set up in whatever format you want (40secs is a gamble).
Unfortunately it's not enough time because on the iPad version it's not easy to see players' stats nor the position they're playing unless you tap on them. And whenever you tap a player it thinks you're selecting that player and it will attempt to swap/relocate that player if you tap away from it to check the next player.

It's quite fiddly to tap a player to check stats, scroll the screen to show a sideline and then tap over the sideline just to cancel the selection. Then have to do this on each player to work out who's who before you can start repositioning.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 12 August 2014, 18:02

Well, in the BB1 engine (which the tablets are using) the saved formations don't work correctly, and it's unlikely it will be fixed (they've had 3/4/5? years to do so).
So unfortunately I think it means you're just going to have to learn to do it faster.
Not being facetious (even if it sounds like it), it just when they still had the team that worked on BB1 they couldn't fix it, and there's now no-one from the BB1 team still working at Cyanide.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Yojimbo252

Postby Yojimbo252 » 13 August 2014, 08:25

Well, in the BB1 engine (which the tablets are using) the saved formations don't work correctly, and it's unlikely it will be fixed (they've had 3/4/5? years to do so).
So unfortunately I think it means you're just going to have to learn to do it faster.
Not being facetious (even if it sounds like it), it just when they still had the team that worked on BB1 they couldn't fix it, and there's now no-one from the BB1 team still working at Cyanide.
Fair enough.

It'll be interesting to see what the iPad support is like because it's a pretty vocal market that has strong expectations and if the developers are not prepared to support the game, it will definitely impact sales of In App Purchases and future releases.

Return to “iPad”