BBedit non-legendary Edition

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
EnVain

BBedit non-legendary Edition

Postby EnVain » 23 August 2012, 15:03

I'm running the dark elf edition of bloodbowl with all the updates but the legendary version of bbedit screws up my savegames in a way that the game crashes. I searched the internet but was only able to find the bbedit version for legendary edition.
I was wondering if someone still got any non-legendary version of bbedit ?

Pestigor

Re: BBedit non-legendary Edition

Postby Pestigor » 15 September 2012, 10:11

check author's blog/page/forum.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 15 September 2012, 18:19

Pestigor wrote:check author's blog/page/forum.

Link please? I wasn't aware he had one related to any of this anymore.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Pestigor

Postby Pestigor » 30 September 2012, 19:37

VoodooMike wrote:
Pestigor wrote:check author's blog/page/forum.

Link please? I wasn't aware he had one related to any of this anymore.

then simply stfu, weirdo.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 30 September 2012, 19:46

Erm, he's the author.

And mind your tone please.

Durandal

Postby Durandal » 15 October 2012, 00:15

VoodooMike wrote:I wasn't aware he had one related to any of this anymore.

VM, just curious, do you have any plans to make an editor for Chaos Edition? I enjoyed using your LE one.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 15 October 2012, 06:45

Durandal wrote:VM, just curious, do you have any plans to make an editor for Chaos Edition? I enjoyed using your LE one.

I'm not even sure if and when I'm going to get CE, as I've been busy with real-world projects as of late and don't have time to play many games. I could probably change the file paths and recompile it if someone wanted to provide me with a list of the new locations for stuff.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

eddebaby

Postby eddebaby » 22 February 2013, 16:48

VoodooMike, Chaos Edition uses Documents\BloodBowlChaos\ as the root rather than BloodBowlLegendary and Documents\BloodBowlChaos\DB\WorldCup.db instead of main.db. Otherwise, I can't see any differences.

As a workaround, bbedit seems to work fine with CE if you create a symbolic link from Documents\BloodBowlChaos\ to Documents\BloodBowlLegendary\ and from Documents\BloodBowlChaos\DB\WorldCup.db to Documents\BloodBowlChaos\DB\main.db.

You could, alternatively, temporarily rename Documents\BloodBowlChaos\ to Documents\BloodBowlLegendary\ and, afterwards, Documents\BloodBowlLegendary\DB\WorldCup.db to Documents\BloodBowlLegendary\DB\main.db. You can then rename them back again when you have finished.

You should be able to do something similar with the Dark Elf edition too. Note, you won't be able to create these symlinks if the BloodBowlLegendary folder already exists (i.e. you still have LE installed/want to keep your LE saves), you can temporarily move or rename it to get around this problem.

Lunaraia

Postby Lunaraia » 27 February 2013, 12:05

How to use BBEdit in Chaos Edition and presumably Dark Elf Edition, without having to link files, using 10 simple steps:

1. Open Chaos Edition or Dark Elf Edition team of choice in BBEdit.

2. Edit till your satisfied.

3. Open save file in SQLite

4. Find the heading Team_Listing (pressing T after selecting any option in the list should blast you stright to it) and double click it to get a ton of info to pop up on the right, along with a search button above said info

5. Press the search button

6. Search for 0 under idRaces, alternativly instead of searching, just press the idRaces header to sort teams by idRace numerically, making your team hop to the top, being currently saved as 0

7. Input correct RaceID for your team, this should be the only thing that BBEdit messes up, causing crashes.

the idRace values are (unless they changed them in Dark Elf Edition):

Human: 1
    Dwarf: 2
    Skaven: 3
    Orc: 4
    Lizardmen: 5
    Goblin: 6
    Wood Elf: 7
    Chaos: 8 <-- Now that's just plain ironic
    Dark Elf: 9
    Undead: 10
    Halfling: 11
    Norse: 12
    Amazon: 13
    Elf: 14
    High Elf: 15
    Khemri: 16
    Necromantic: 17
    Nurgle: 18
    Orge: 19
    Vampire: 20
    Chaos Dwarf: 21
    Underworld: 22
    Khorne Daemons 23

8. Close database after confirming that the info went through, this can be done by searching for the race id you inputted.

9. Start up the game

10. Enjoy your edited team

it may seem a bit confusing at the first glance, but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite simple.

for those who have never used SQLite and have no idea how to open it, it's under the Tools section of your browser after you install it, atleast in Mozilla firefox it is...

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 10 March 2013, 10:55

Lunaraia wrote:6. Search for 0 under idRaces, alternativly instead of searching, just press the idRaces header to sort teams by idRace numerically, making your team hop to the top, being currently saved as 0

This is a concern - it should not be happening. You're saying that BBEdit is setting your race's ID to 0 every time when used to edit a CE team? Can I get a second person to confirm this? If its happening then changing the file locations will not be sufficient to update BBEdit to work with CE.

As for DE, BBEdit can work with it already if you run it with the "DE" commandline option (just DE, no need for a hyphen), which will make it use the folder/file locations for DE instead of LE.

Return to “You vs AI”