BBedit non-legendary Edition

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
eddebaby

Re: BBedit non-legendary Edition

Postby eddebaby » 10 March 2013, 23:21

As in my earlier post above, if you use the correct path and .db for Chaos Edition, everything works as intended (as far as I can tell) it pulls the available races and skill from the WorldCup.db.

If you run BBEdit without a main .db file then you can still edit external teams - but the race will be blanked out (as the drop down is not populated from the .db). You also cannot add any skills (there are none to select). I presume this is the race id reset problem described by Lunaria.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 11 March 2013, 03:39

eddebaby wrote:As in my earlier post above, if you use the correct path and .db for Chaos Edition, everything works as intended (as far as I can tell) it pulls the available races and skill from the WorldCup.db.

If you run BBEdit without a main .db file then you can still edit external teams - but the race will be blanked out (as the drop down is not populated from the .db). You also cannot add any skills (there are none to select). I presume this is the race id reset problem described by Lunaria.

Ok, I did a quick and dirty update to BBEdit to reflect the path and filename changes to Chaos Edition that you listed off. Given that I don't own Chaos Edition, this is untested.

You can run BBEdit 1.2 with any of the three versions now. First, it will try to autodetect your highest version and set itself to use that. Alternately you can run it with the edition acronym as a command-line option (DE, LE or CE) to force it into using a specific version's locations.

ftp://www.voodoochat.com/pub/bbedit.exe

Let me know how that works out for you.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

eddebaby

Postby eddebaby » 11 March 2013, 17:30

Thanks VoodooMike.

There seem to be a couple of errors with the Chaos Edition mode:
You must have misspelled Worldcup.db as WoldCup.db in your changes
and the "Edit Default Teams" function still refers to "main.db"

Otherwise it seems to work with correctly with all 3 of the directory structures.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 12 March 2013, 05:46

eddebaby wrote:You must have misspelled Worldcup.db as WoldCup.db in your changes

Well... that was sloppy of me.

eddebaby wrote:and the "Edit Default Teams" function still refers to "main.db"

Ok, I'll fix both of those issues, though it may be a day or two. I disconnected my KVM (which was letting me access the old machine to update BBEdit) because it can't handle 120hz data for the monitor, so I couldn't play any games in 3DVision! Once that tragedy is far enough behind me I can get back in and fix those mistakes, and will post here when its updated.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 15 March 2013, 02:02

Ok, updated the program to fix those two issues.

eddebaby

Postby eddebaby » 15 March 2013, 10:38

Thank VoodooMike, it seems to work correctly with Chaos Edition now. Thank you for making these changes.

Itsapaul

Postby Itsapaul » 21 April 2013, 03:42

Wow, thanks for the update! I much prefer using this to the database editor type stuff.

naw

Postby naw » 08 October 2013, 20:54

I have Steam version of the Chaos Edition. What must I do to have the game load up my edited character correctly in a campaign?

I edited my team to add +1MA to someone instead of +1AV (as the game seems to be using weird values anyway??), but when I continue the campaign, it shows that character having +1MA but in statistics still having +1AV. If I edit statistics in bbedit, it still does not change correctly.

I am in middle of a game, though, so maybe that is the reason?

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 11 October 2013, 02:46

naw wrote:I am in middle of a game, though, so maybe that is the reason?

That is the reason, yes. BBEdit doesn't let you edit your team mid-game like that... the portion of the db it edits is not what is being used for your in-use players. Look on the bright side... any editing of a db file that was saved mid match used to result in a horrible crash, not just no effect!

It's important to note, however, that stat increases from skill up rolls are actual two things: a skill that says +1 MA, say... and an actual increase to the stat by 1 point. The skill is just cosmetic in those cases. Changing +1 MA to +1 AV in terms of skill will not alter your stats in any way, just as decreasing your MA by 1 and increasing your AV by 1 would not change the skill listings. When you want to edit the stats, you'll have to edit the numbers directly.

And yes, in the DB files the numbers used for the stats are not the same as the numbers you see for the stats... BBEdit will do the conversions for you, hopefully.

Deniz87

Postby Deniz87 » 04 November 2013, 11:32

Can BBEdit 1.2 change campaign difficulty?

I started a campaign with medium difficulty and I'd like to try with hard difficulty....

Return to “You vs AI”