Opinions on my custom team

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
User avatar
Ba22
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 October 2011, 19:27
Location: United States of Zombieland

Opinions on my custom team

Postby Ba22 » 26 August 2012, 23:45

This was a team I had always liked the idea of, a team of weres. And what makes them interesting, at least to me, is that they are anti bash, a failed block from a bash team is just as bad for a dwarf, as it would be for an elf. and heaven forbid how many orcs will leave the pitch in a slugfest, not to mention regen across the board ensuring they can outlast them in the long run. They however are not great at playing the ball, and it shows when they meet elves or skaven, though the runners are fast. build some experience from cutting up the bashers and aquire some tackle and ball handling skills and you have a fairly good team. What is your opinion on this team folks? I have played them a little in single player and find them to be delicious untill I happen upon some elves. Also they are very expensive I am aware and as such starting with all positionals is not an option.



0-16 Werewolves 80k
6/3/3/7 - claw, regen - G(ASP)

0-4 Wererats 100k [this is my discount player 10k]
8/3/3/7 - claw, regen - GA(SP)

0-4 Half Breed 110k
5/3/3/7 - claw, regen, Block, mighty blow, thick skull - GS(AP)

0-1 Werebear 140k
5/5/1/8 Loner, Wild Animal, mighty blow,
claw, regen, thick skull - S(GAP)
______________________________________________________________
There are a number of things I am excellent at, notably, one of them is re-rolling triple skulls.

kabooki
Posts: 98
Joined: 31 July 2012, 15:41

Re: Opinions on my custom team

Postby kabooki » 27 August 2012, 11:22

A team of claw is pretty broken sounding to me.

In my opinion, there shouldn't be two types of players with different starting stats out there, so the werewolves are a turn off to me as my necro werewolves are significantly better. Perhaps you could call them werecubs.

If you did want this to work, I feel that the number of positionals would have to be reduced. The wererats could go or better yet, the half breeds could go. Werecubs (linemen), two-four werewolves (same as necro) and a big guy would make a better team in my opinion. 4 guys with mighty blow and claw and block will get pile on there first skill and be able to kill any team that comes along. At least I feel you must alow a team of claw no normal access to strength skills as the team would quickly get out of hand.

0-16 Werecubs 80k
6/3/3/7 - claw, regen - G(ASP)

0-4 Werewolf 110k (same as Necros I think)
8/3/3/8 - claw, regen - GA(SP)

0-1 Werebear 140k (I think this guy is well designed)
5/5/1/8 Loner, Wild Animal, mighty blow,
claw, regen, thick skull - S(GAP)

I wish you well.

Shatner
Posts: 26
Joined: 10 August 2012, 03:48

Re: Opinions on my custom team

Postby Shatner » 27 August 2012, 19:24

Ba22 wrote:0-16 Werewolves 80k
6/3/3/7 - claw, regen - G(ASP)

0-4 Wererats 100k [this is my discount player 10k]
8/3/3/7 - claw, regen - GA(SP)

0-4 Half Breed 110k
5/3/3/7 - claw, regen, Block, mighty blow, thick skull - GS(AP)

0-1 Werebear 140k
5/5/1/8 Loner, Wild Animal, mighty blow,
claw, regen, thick skull - S(GAP)


There's a lot of controversy around claw-heavy teams at the moment so this idea might meet with some negative feedback regardless of it's actual merit. Now this ultimately stems from clpomb (claw + pile on + mighty blow) turning the bashing game into an abattoir. However, this team would have less of that than a high TV Chaos team, so that's something, though those Half Breed do make it awfully easy (one skill) to start clpombing away. You might want to replace mighty blow with something like frenzy to make that positional more palatable.

Overall the team seems fine, though I will say it's a strange deviation of the blood bowl werewolf concept, as illustrated by the Necromantic team's werewolf player. That werewolf was noteworthy for being fast (MV8), with claws and frenzy but no strength-skill access (agility instead), and having regeneration combined with AV8 to make them pretty resilient. Here you seem to have thrown everything out except for claw and regen. That's fine, mechanically speaking, but I'd find the team more interesting and thematically appropriate if you went another direction, emphasizing speed and resiliency over murderating dwarves and orcs.


I'd go with one of the two instead:

0-16 Thrall 6 3 3 7 G/SAP 40k (same as vampire team; expensive positionals benefit from cheap fodder)
0-4 Wargs 8 3 2 8 regen block GS/AP 100k (applied the 10k discount here)
0-2 Werewolves 8 3 3 8 claw, regen, frenzy 120k (same as necromantic)
0-1 Werebear 5 5 1 8 loner, wild animal, MB, claw, regen, thick skull S/GAP 140k (same as you have written)
70k re-rolls

or if you really want universal regen

0-16 Whelp 6 3 3 7 regen G/SAP 60k
0-4 Wargs 8 3 2 8 regen block GS/AP 100k (applied the 10k discount here)
0-2 Werewolves 8 3 3 8 claw, regen, frenzy GA/SP 120k (same as necromantic)
0-1 Werebear 5 5 1 8 loner, wild animal, MB, claw, regen, thick skull S/GAP 140k (same as you have written)
70k re-rolls

kabooki
Posts: 98
Joined: 31 July 2012, 15:41

Re: Opinions on my custom team

Postby kabooki » 28 August 2012, 00:27

Shatner wrote:Were#1
0-16 Thrall 6 3 3 7 G/SAP 40k (same as vampire team; expensive positionals benefit from cheap fodder)
0-4 Wargs 8 3 2 8 regen block GS/AP 100k (applied the 10k discount here)
0-2 Werewolves 8 3 3 8 claw, regen, frenzy 120k (same as necromantic)
0-1 Werebear 5 5 1 8 loner, wild animal, MB, claw, regen, thick skull S/GAP 140k (same as you have written)
70k re-rolls

Were #2
0-16 Whelp 6 3 3 7 regen G/SAP 60k
0-4 Wargs 8 3 2 8 regen block GS/AP 100k (applied the 10k discount here)
0-2 Werewolves 8 3 3 8 claw, regen, frenzy GA/SP 120k (same as necromantic)
0-1 Werebear 5 5 1 8 loner, wild animal, MB, claw, regen, thick skull S/GAP 140k (same as you have written)
70k re-rolls


These both have promise. I like the idea of them all being regen is the more "were" theme that should be played on, not claw. If you are wanting a claw team, make them lobsters or something. (awful idea, please don't do that.)

The difficulty I see with the second team is that with all the positionals minus the big guy, you will not have money for re-rolls. 240k + 400k + 300k = 960K I suppose there are other teams that start like that too, but they suffer from incredible TV bloat. Dark Elves for example, by the time they have a full roster, they are near 1500TV!

Also, how do we not just make this another Necro team? What makes them truly special? Speedier + more agile Necro?

Shatner
Posts: 26
Joined: 10 August 2012, 03:48

Re: Opinions on my custom team

Postby Shatner » 28 August 2012, 14:30

kabooki wrote:
Shatner wrote:Were#1
0-16 Thrall 6 3 3 7 G/SAP 40k (same as vampire team; expensive positionals benefit from cheap fodder)
0-4 Wargs 8 3 2 8 regen block GS/AP 100k (applied the 10k discount here)
0-2 Werewolves 8 3 3 8 claw, regen, frenzy 120k (same as necromantic)
0-1 Werebear 5 5 1 8 loner, wild animal, MB, claw, regen, thick skull S/GAP 140k (same as you have written)
70k re-rolls

Were #2
0-16 Whelp 6 3 3 7 regen G/SAP 60k
0-4 Wargs 8 3 2 8 regen block GS/AP 100k (applied the 10k discount here)
0-2 Werewolves 8 3 3 8 claw, regen, frenzy GA/SP 120k (same as necromantic)
0-1 Werebear 5 5 1 8 loner, wild animal, MB, claw, regen, thick skull S/GAP 140k (same as you have written)
70k re-rolls


These both have promise. I like the idea of them all being regen is the more "were" theme that should be played on, not claw. If you are wanting a claw team, make them lobsters or something. (awful idea, please don't do that.)

The difficulty I see with the second team is that with all the positionals minus the big guy, you will not have money for re-rolls. 240k + 400k + 300k = 960K I suppose there are other teams that start like that too, but they suffer from incredible TV bloat. Dark Elves for example, by the time they have a full roster, they are near 1500TV!

Also, how do we not just make this another Necro team? What makes them truly special? Speedier + more agile Necro?


Several teams don't/can't start with all positionals + rerolls. As you said, it's actually impossible for dark elves to afford all their positionals as a TV1000 team at all (it'd cost 102k), let alone one with any re-rolls, and wood elves (one of the best performing teams in blood bowl) have to trim at least two positionals from their starting roster to afford an apothecary or a single re-roll.

From a design stand-point, regeneration is an expensive skill to have so having it on your entire team means you are required to have more-expensive-than-average players or crappy stats to compensate (like wights or most stuff on a khemri team).

If I were to build a TV1000 team from the Were#2 roster I'd create the following:
7xWhelps: 420k
3xWargs: 300k
1xWerewolf: 120k
2xRerolls: 140k
----------------------
Total: 980k (20k leftover to bank towards future positionals)

Of course, if we're willing to go with the thrall lineup instead, the TV1000 team'd look like this instead:
5xThralls: 200k
4xWargs: 400k
2xWerewolves: 240k
2xRerolls: 140k
-------------------------
Total: 980k (20k leftover to bank towards a big guy or to fill the bench)


This team distinguishes itself by having regeneration and some combination of fast and/or average agility on all their players. Plus the team has four blitzers (something no other regen team has) and 6 players with MV8 (which can allow for some serious running game threats; something no other regen team has). Plus that werebear is an exceptionally punishing big guy, which makes the team further stand out.

The fact is, the difference between Undead and Necromantic isn't all that great on paper; you downsize your mummies to flesh golems and you upgrade two of your ghouls to werewolves... that's it. But despite those minor differences, the two are considered fully distinct enough teams to be worth keeping around. And this were team is at least as different from Necromantic as Necromantic is from Undead.

User avatar
Guiams
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 February 2013, 01:54

Re: Opinions on my custom team

Postby Guiams » 20 December 2013, 16:57

Guys, I know I'm late and all but... what do you mean by custom teams?
How does that work and how can you create a team with the players you want?
:shock:

User avatar
Ba22
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 October 2011, 19:27
Location: United States of Zombieland

Re: Opinions on my custom team

Postby Ba22 » 22 December 2013, 23:34

You can't, this is all just speculation :) But there are guidelines to follow for making a fair team if you were to play on tabletop, thats what we were following in this discusion. But since I doubt thats what you had in mind I won't hunt down the link unless you want it.
______________________________________________________________
There are a number of things I am excellent at, notably, one of them is re-rolling triple skulls.


Return to “You vs AI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron