Requesting help

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
Redweaver

Requesting help

Postby Redweaver » 21 October 2012, 02:08

I'd really like to play a full season in the campaign mode. But the computer is whooping my butt. I know, all of you experts think the AI is stupid and a pushover, but I'm just on a constant losing streak.

I know exactly why, too.

It's because the computer is given what I feel is a massively unfair advantage by having players higher than first level. Higher level players at the start of the game on easy mode (WTF were the Devs thinking?). Seems to me that would be more appropriate for hard difficulty.

Is there a mod or other quick fix that will force the computer to start off with all first level players? A fix that won't require me to induvidually edit every player entry in the DB?

I'm fine with how the AI functions. I know that it plays wilder on easy and safer on hard. That isn't the issue. I just want a level playing field of all first levels to start with. I haven't gotten through many games at all, so I don't know if the computer will gain experience and level up as the season progresses. I hope it does, that would be fair.

I'm not interested in advice on tactics. I don't care how easy anyone else thinks the AI is. It is beside the point if you feel the computer needs this advantage to be a challenge.

I just want a nice, easy, walk in the park season where I can win and feel powerful.

Any help with editing my single player game would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*edit*

Oh, yeah. Legendary Edition, not Chaos.

*edit 2*

After reading a few other posts around here, I think it appropriate to mention that I'm certain the RNG is sound and the dice are not cheating.

MILLANDSON

Re: Requesting help

Postby MILLANDSON » 21 October 2012, 14:34

Try medium difficulty. On easy, the AI does a lot of risky stuff, meaning that they occasionally fail horribly, or often pull off unlikely things. On medium, it balances the risk and caution for the AI a lot better.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 21 October 2012, 15:08

Deleted.
Last edited by Orcacide on 21 October 2012, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 21 October 2012, 16:51

So does that mean such a mod doesn't exist? Or that such a thing isn't possible? Or that your just unwilling to provide it and would rather give me what I specifically asked for you not to provide?

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 21 October 2012, 17:56

Well if you're gonna get all salty about it, then I withdraw my offer for help.

Go cry in the corner elsewhere.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 22 October 2012, 01:23

None of that here please. If you're going to act like that, don't.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Lucern

Postby Lucern » 22 October 2012, 05:45

So does that mean such a mod doesn't exist? Or that such a thing isn't possible? Or that your just unwilling to provide it and would rather give me what I specifically asked for you not to provide?
The New Wave mod by Stw402 had a Legendary Edition version, didn't it? I believe that will satisfy your desire for low TV teams to play against early on. On the other hand, the AI is noticeably superior than in the vanilla game, but I find it satisfying. I only eek out a game every few weeks (and therefore am not particularly good), so don't worry about being outclassed too much to start out.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 22 October 2012, 08:25

you can edit the computer's teams in the built-in team editor. That's probably longer and more annoying than editing the database behind it though.

Or you can edit your own team, taking away the AI's advantage by having your own players be as skilled as theirs. It's not exactly what you wanted, but similar.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 22 October 2012, 17:47

Here's the thing...

I said very specifically in my initial post that I didn't care about your opinions on the difficulty of the game, wasn't interested in your advice on how to play the game and really didn't want anything other than the mod I was asking for.

So, please withdraw your help. It shouldn't take long, seeing as how you didn't actually give me any.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 22 October 2012, 17:50

The New Wave mod by Stw402 had a Legendary Edition version, didn't it? I believe that will satisfy your desire for low TV teams to play against early on. On the other hand, the AI is noticeably superior than in the vanilla game, but I find it satisfying. I only eek out a game every few weeks (and therefore am not particularly good), so don't worry about being outclassed too much to start out.
The New Wave mod does interest me greatly. I'll be downloading it at some point, I'm sure.

Right now, at this point in time, I really just want a quick and easy way to strip the computer of their level advantage.

And I really, really want to use this on a full campaign playing my first level skaven team through from beginning to end on a easy, level playing field.

I know this may offend some of you, but I'm only interested in stripping those levels away and don't really care what you think of me because of that.

Return to “You vs AI”