Requesting help

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
Durandal

Re: Requesting help

Postby Durandal » 22 October 2012, 18:22

I thought for certain I'd seen this same post somewhere before... and then I realized that I had!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/58520/dis ... 746032610/

Redweaver, three things:

1. You need to work on your trying-to-get-help-on-the-internet skills. I would suggest being more polite, to start.

I really just want a quick and easy way to strip the computer of their level advantage.

2. If you want to do this, you'll need to do some pretty heavy database editing. You're welcome to do so, and it won't be difficult, but it will be time consuming.

3. Here is the most updated version (that I could find) of the New Wave mod for Legendary edition:
http://www.bloodbowldigital.com/forum/i ... =viewtopic
Download link still works. This is, IMO, the best "quick and easy" solution to your problem.
Original mod props go to Stw402, additional work done by Mat le Gob.
(Also if either of you have a newer version for Legendary Edition, please correct me!)

Skipbidder

Postby Skipbidder » 22 October 2012, 19:52

Redweaver wrote:I know this may offend some of you, but I'm only interested in stripping those levels away and don't really care what you think of me because of that.

You clearly care quite a bit. An enormous amount, actually. To the point that you are antagonizing people that were trying to help.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 00:10

Durandal wrote:I thought for certain I'd seen this same post somewhere before... and then I realized that I had!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/58520/dis ... 746032610/

Redweaver, three things:

1. You need to work on your trying-to-get-help-on-the-internet skills. I would suggest being more polite, to start.

I really just want a quick and easy way to strip the computer of their level advantage.

2. If you want to do this, you'll need to do some pretty heavy database editing. You're welcome to do so, and it won't be difficult, but it will be time consuming.

3. Here is the most updated version (that I could find) of the New Wave mod for Legendary edition:
http://www.bloodbowldigital.com/forum/i ... =viewtopic
Download link still works. This is, IMO, the best "quick and easy" solution to your problem.
Original mod props go to Stw402, additional work done by Mat le Gob.
(Also if either of you have a newer version for Legendary Edition, please correct me!)

And after reading that thread, are you at all surprised that I'm feeling defensive about this?

Not to mention the fact that before making this post, I read a few other threads around this forum...and found the exact same attitudes.

So, yeah, I tried to head all that crap off at the pass by making a very specific first post.

And then the first reply was someone suggesting stuff that I SPECIFICALLY asked that they just keep to themselves.

I'm sorry if anyone doesn't like my attitude...but do you think maybe it's because of what I've encounter on the internet?

I'd be much more polite if I didn't already know exactly what the internet and the people that "live" on it are like.

*edit*

And as I mentioned, I'm interested in that mod for some point in the future.

Right now, i just want one, small, simple, specific thing:
To remove the levels from the computer.

I don't want skins.
I don't want AI tweaks.

I just want those levels gone.
Last edited by Redweaver on 23 October 2012, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 00:13

Skipbidder wrote:
Redweaver wrote:I know this may offend some of you, but I'm only interested in stripping those levels away and don't really care what you think of me because of that.

You clearly care quite a bit. An enormous amount, actually. To the point that you are antagonizing people that were trying to help.

The "antagonism" got dragged over from a previous post I made elsewhere trying to get this same help and encountering the same attitudes.

That was put in there for those folks who feel it necessary to give me their opinions on the difficulty of the game or about how I should play. Your "two cents" aren't actually help.

So I wasn't antagonizing people trying to help me, because no one was trying to help me.

So, do you have some help you'd like to give or you just here to be snarky?

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 23 October 2012, 00:47

See, the thing about "Requesting help" is that you are asking someone else to take time out of their day to help solve YOUR problem. In that scenario, a certain amount of humility tends to help quite a bit, as when you insult people who are trying to help you, you tend to not get more people lining up to waste their time trying to solve your problem.

Now I don't really care if you've been all over the internet asking about this, and I don't care what's been said on other forums. What happened on this forum is that you came here with a demand and an attitude like we are somehow supposed to care what you think when you clearly don't care what we think. I gave you the name of a mod that would help you out, and then tried to give you some easy tips you can use to improve your game, and you decided to be childish about it. Then, when someone else calls you out on it, you decided to be even more childish about it and keep going with it.

So explain to me...why should anyone here bother wasting their time trying to help you again? Clearly attempting to help you do what you want, or even communicate in a respectful manner is a lost cause, so what are we really doing here?

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 01:11

Orcacide wrote:See, the thing about "Requesting help" is that you are asking someone else to take time out of their day to help solve YOUR problem. In that scenario, a certain amount of humility tends to help quite a bit, as when you insult people who are trying to help you, you tend to not get more people lining up to waste their time trying to solve your problem.

Now I don't really care if you've been all over the internet asking about this, and I don't care what's been said on other forums. What happened on this forum is that you came here with a demand and an attitude like we are somehow supposed to care what you think when you clearly don't care what we think. I gave you the name of a mod that would help you out, and then tried to give you some easy tips you can use to improve your game, and you decided to be childish about it. Then, when someone else calls you out on it, you decided to be even more childish about it and keep going with it.

So explain to me...why should anyone here bother wasting their time trying to help you again? Clearly attempting to help you do what you want, or even communicate in a respectful manner is a lost cause, so what are we really doing here?

Then please just let this thread slide off into page 2 obscurity.

Let me ask you a question:

Why did you feel it necessary to respond to my thread with something that I CLEARLY AND SPECIFICALLY asked you not to respond with?

If we sat down to a meal together and I asked you to pass the salt, which one is helping me:

A. Telling me you love pepper
B. Suggesting that I should try the chicken
C. Passing me the salt

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 23 October 2012, 01:17

I gave you the name of the mod that would do what you want to. You chose to ignore it and instead focus on the other advice I gave you.

That's not my fault, that's yours. That's your attitude preventing you from getting help. That's not me, and it's not anyone else. If you want to find something, go to google. If you want someone else to help you find something, then maybe some manners would help your cause.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 03:05

Orcacide wrote:I gave you the name of the mod that would do what you want to. You chose to ignore it and instead focus on the other advice I gave you.

That's not my fault, that's yours. That's your attitude preventing you from getting help. That's not me, and it's not anyone else. If you want to find something, go to google. If you want someone else to help you find something, then maybe some manners would help your cause.

The New Wave mod doesn't remove these levels from the computer. And since you deleted the post where you allegedly mentioned this mod, no one will ever know if that's what you said or not.

From my recollection, your deleted post was just some strategy advice and didn't mention any mod whatsoever. But, again, you deleted it, so no one will ever know.

But, by all means, stop replying to this thread. Let it die without me getting help. Show me who's boss. Put me in my place.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 23 October 2012, 05:22

Ok gents, that's enough.

Orcacide did mention New Wave - I read his post before it was deleted - and it does provide teams which are of lower TV.

Bucc

Postby Bucc » 23 October 2012, 06:41

Doesn't exist. Nothing to see, move along.

(Puts on Yoda-voice) There is another one though... You could buy the regular edition, must be very cheap now. The AI were rookie levels in that edition. That could be a good start with your needs, learning the ins and outs of the game. You could then later return to CE.

So there is no salt. Maybe it would suit you to at least not get offended, when someone suggest that the chicken is actually good with pepper. Anyway, I did not see the deleted post, so... take it for what it is

Return to “You vs AI”