Requesting help

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
Koadah

Re: Requesting help

Postby Koadah » 23 October 2012, 07:12

Too much salt can raise your blood pressure, which puts you at increased risk of health problems such as heart disease and stroke.
CaRBB

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 11:29

Ok gents, that's enough.

Orcacide did mention New Wave - I read his post before it was deleted - and it does provide teams which are of lower TV.
By "lower TV" do you mean "first level teams"?

Because that's what I'm asking for. And if New Wave doesn't provide that, what's the point of mentioning it multiple times?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 23 October 2012, 11:30

If by "first level teams" you mean teams of the 1000TV mark then yes.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 11:31

If by "first level teams" you mean teams of the 1000TV mark then yes.
I really wish someone had just said this in the first damn place and cut all this crud off at the pass.

Thank you for the straightforward answer.

*edit*

Reading through the New Wave thread again, and it make the AI more difficult. There goes that. If I'm getting my ass whooped by the AI already, I'm not going to be wanting to make it more difficult.

Oh well. Game's too hard. Difficulty setting doesn't actually change the difficulty. Community doesn't seem very nice. Multiplayer doesn't interest me anyway.

Sad, really. I loved this game way back when on tabletop. I was really hoping to enjoy this digital version.

Thanks everyone who "tried to help". No doubt a round of "good riddance" will go up at my leaving.

Here's hoping y'all continue to drive away new players with your insular ways and insistance that the game is too easy.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 23 October 2012, 12:27

Here's hoping y'all continue to drive away new players with your insular ways and insistance that the game is too easy.
It is... when you know what you're doing... ;)
Normallt I would never do this but...
One solution for you... RTFM!!

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 23 October 2012, 14:30

My son can beat the AI, and he's never played TT or read the rules, and I've never taught him (he plays when I'm asleep).

Yes, the AI is "that" easy. Needing to make it easier is laughable. You don't need to make it easier, you need to learn to play. So rather than asking, no, demanding stuff that doesn't exist (because there's no need), you should be asking where you're going wrong. If your pride is so great you're not willing to ask or listen to advise, then I don't see you as a great loss to the game.

And seeing as no one else has said it, good riddance.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 14:36

It is... when you know what you're doing... ;)
Normallt I would never do this but...
One solution for you... RTFM!!
Oh? Will reading the F-ing manual remove these levels from the computer?

By the way, you dropped a couple of words. I found them on the ground over here. You can have them back:
for me.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 14:37

My son can beat the AI, and he's never played TT or read the rules, and I've never taught him (he plays when I'm asleep).

Yes, the AI is "that" easy. Needing to make it easier is laughable. You don't need to make it easier, you need to learn to play. So rather than asking, no, demanding stuff that doesn't exist (because there's no need), you should be asking where you're going wrong. If your pride is so great you're not willing to ask or listen to advise, then I don't see you as a great loss to the game.

And seeing as no one else has said it, good riddance.
Seeing as how I don't and won't play multiplayer, how could my not playing be a loss to the game?

Hurrah for your son!

*edit*

Also want to ask:

When I specifically say I'm not interested in your advice on how to play, why is your ego so big that you feel it's appropriate to ignore that and jam your tactical advice down my throat anyway?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 23 October 2012, 15:08

Redweaver, relax. People are trying to help you, you just don't want to listen. If you take the time to understand how to play the game you will soon find the AI trivially easy to beat - I'm not a spectacularly good coach by any means, but even I haven't lost a game to the AI in over 3 years. What you seem to want is a turn-based strategy game where you don't really need to know the rules to win. This isn't that game at all - it is more complex than that - you're trying to play chess without knowing how the pieces move. BB now is almost certainly not the same game as it was when you played on TT.

New Wave mod does make the AI a little harder, but the reduction in TV of your opponents more than makes up for it. If you still want to bother then I suggest you try it (and, counter-intuitively, play it on Hard) before dismissing it. Better still, I suggest you read the manual, ask questions about bits you don't understand, and try a few more times.

Now, if you don't want to do the above then I suggest that you stop blaming the game, this community, the New Wave mod or anyone else and you try something else which might be a bit simpler.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 15:36

Redweaver, relax. People are trying to help you, you just don't want to listen. If you take the time to understand how to play the game you will soon find the AI trivially easy to beat - I'm not a spectacularly good coach by any means, but even I haven't lost a game to the AI in over 3 years. What you seem to want is a turn-based strategy game where you don't really need to know the rules to win. This isn't that game at all - it is more complex than that - you're trying to play chess without knowing how the pieces move. BB now is almost certainly not the same game as it was when you played on TT.

New Wave mod does make the AI a little harder, but the reduction in TV of your opponents more than makes up for it. If you still want to bother then I suggest you try it (and, counter-intuitively, play it on Hard) before dismissing it. Better still, I suggest you read the manual, ask questions about bits you don't understand, and try a few more times.

Now, if you don't want to do the above then I suggest that you stop blaming the game, this community, the New Wave mod or anyone else and you try something else which might be a bit simpler.
I'll repose the question to you:

If we sit down together at a meal, and I ask you to pass me the salt, which one helps me?

A. Telling me you love pepper
B. Suggesting I try the chicken
C. Passing me the salt

Believe it or not, I appreciate that you think you're trying to help me. I appreciate that you want me to get better at the game. I appreciate that you are encouraging me to improve.

But, simply put, I want what I want and nothing else.

So all the tactical advice, suggestions to read the manual, your thoughts on how easy or difficult the game is and all the other bits and bobs are worthless to me.

I'm really just wanting to remove these levels from the computer. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not interested in tweaking the AI. I don't care how easy you find the game. I'm not interested in improving my skills.

I just want these levels gone. That's all. It seems pretty simple and straightforward to me, but for some reason it seems impossible to get through to any of you.

So, that's awesome you think the game is easy. I'm impressed with your skills at the game. Congratulations on improving your skills.

What does any of that have to do with my request?

Return to “You vs AI”