Requesting help

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
Orcacide

Re: Requesting help

Postby Orcacide » 23 October 2012, 15:51

But, simply put, I want what I want and nothing else.

Go to google then. You aren't cut out for human interaction.

Or strategy games, apparently.

If you can't see how your attitude poisoned this ENTIRE thread from the get go, then talking to you will be a lost cause forever.

Lucern

Postby Lucern » 23 October 2012, 16:13

I see one more thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet. At least in the download of the New Wave Mod that I have, you install components piecemeal by copying folders over manually.

You can have its database without the AI upgrade, the splash screen, the campaign map, the skins, etc. I'm currently using the AI from the Community Content Pack with it just fine, so it doesn't require its own AI file to be copied over. I played teams from 950 or so to 1100 for the first several matches as I grew past them, though I don't think you're guaranteed to play a particular enemy team value.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 16:15

Orcacide wrote:
But, simply put, I want what I want and nothing else.

Go to google then. You aren't cut out for human interaction.

Or strategy games, apparently.

If you can't see how your attitude poisoned this ENTIRE thread from the get go, then talking to you will be a lost cause forever.

Good, then I won't have to worry about you ever responding to me again!

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 16:16

Lucern wrote:I see one more thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet. At least in the download of the New Wave Mod that I have, you install components piecemeal by copying folders over manually.

You can have its database without the AI upgrade, the splash screen, the campaign map, the skins, etc. I'm currently using the AI from the Community Content Pack with it just fine, so it doesn't require its own AI file to be copied over. I played teams from 950 or so to 1100 for the first several matches as I grew past them, though I don't think you're guaranteed to play a particular enemy team value.

OOOOOOOOO!

Now this is some good ass help right here!

Off to download this then. Thanks mate!

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 23 October 2012, 16:21

Come back cupcake, you make more sense.

Seeing as you don't want any help, I suggest you go start editing the db as suggested earlier in the thread. I doubting your crap attitude anyone will be willing to do it for you, as you'd find fault with that to.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.

Darkson wrote:Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 16:28

Darkson wrote:Come back cupcake, you make more sense.

Seeing as you don't want any help, I suggest you go start editing the db as suggested earlier in the thread. I doubting your crap attitude anyone will be willing to do it for you, as you'd find fault with that to.

Someone already did help me! See, decent people do exist.

But thanks any way sweetcheeks.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 23 October 2012, 16:50

Since the bickering is continuing, after being warned already by Dode, this is the last chance - quit the attitudes, both of you.

Darkson - you're not adding anything constructive that hasn't already been said, so unless you are going to stop with the snide comments, I'd suggest you move on from the thread.

Redweaver - stop acting so hostile to everyone offering advice, and try it instead rather than dismissing it out of hand. The way you're posting is incredibly antagonistic, and you aren't going to get much help acting like that.

If the arguments don't stop, I'll lock the thread.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Redweaver

Postby Redweaver » 23 October 2012, 17:42

Alrighty! DL'd the New Wave mod. Extracted the DB and renamed it "Main" (after renaming the original "Main1" so I could revert back. Hopped into a game and viola! TV 1000 on the opponent. Mission accomplished. Buzzed through a couple of turns and scored twice!

I got my "I win" button, just like I wanted. It feels GREAT to just stomp the computer into the dirt (even if it wasn't a challenge at all).

Genuine and heartfelt thanks go out to STW402 for making the New Wave mod, dode74 for pointing out the New Wave mod reduces the TV of the computer teams and to Lucern for letting me know that the mod could be installed piecemeal. I am appreciative, even if you don't believe me.

To any other militant noobs who are sick and tired of being told how easy this game is and don't want unwanted tactical "learn2play" advice crammed down your throat, this is your solution!

I'm off to press my "I win" button a few more times in my single player game.

Don't worry, I don't play online multiplayer with random strangers, so no one's league is going to be tainted by my lack of skill.

SmexyPantsGnome

Postby SmexyPantsGnome » 14 February 2013, 09:09

Don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this post. Ordered this game about a week trying to complete Story mode.
Unable to get past 2 Completions / 2 Touchdowns for the Elves vs Norse part.

I found out can remove all bonus skills from the pre-generated teams (The ones AI play as)

Using SQLite Browser
Open D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl Chaos Edition\Data\DB\WorldCup.db
Delete all records from table Player_Skills

Execute SQL section in SQLite type this:
DELETE * FROM Player_Skills

<edit>
Looks like I'm wrong on this.
Only wiped the skills for the first team I played against, 2nd match everyone had Gained Skills again.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 14 February 2013, 17:12

Don't worry about Story Mode, just play campaign and competitions, and multiplayer. Story mode is some weird crap that was tacked on last minute that makes no sense at all.

Return to “You vs AI”