Questions about Blitz Campaign Mode

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
fiddlefaddle

Questions about Blitz Campaign Mode

Postby fiddlefaddle » 28 December 2012, 23:44

I'm playing Blitz Campaign Mode
I just had some of players disappear on me after a season.
Is this a bug or something I'm missing? Expenses or something? How do I know how much I have to pay and how come not all disappeared?
What about my sponsors? Do they pay me after a season?

Darkson

Re: Questions about Blitz Campaign Mode

Postby Darkson » 29 December 2012, 02:01

Something to do with contracts or the such.
Can't help more than that, as I play "Classic", as per the boardgame's rules.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 29 December 2012, 03:31

You probably need to pay closer attention to the individual players, if you are playing full Blitz
Mode. Whether you are playing real time or turn based, there are some major team modifications
That blitz makes to your team. The 2 things off of the top of my head that make the biggest
Difference are Player Aging, and Player Contract negotiations.

With Player Contracts, when you purchase a new player, (rookie or advanced,) you make your offer
For a certain amount and also choose for how many seasons you want to keep that player for. So
It could be that you were only hiring the newer players for a season, (which is 5 periods long.) At the
End of their current contract, you get a chance to negotiate a new contract with that player.

Odds are that since it sounds like your players "disappeared" on you. Your players probably retired
Due to aging. Every new hire, starts with 100/100 Aging stat. As the player plays match after match,
Their Aging stat lowers after each and every match. I have not been able to dicifer as to exactly how
Much of the Aging stat is reduced after each and every match. But I can tell you that, the more
Knockdowns, stuns, KOs, And casualties received during a match, the more Aging is reduced.

The key with Aging to keep in mind is, once a player reaches 0/100 in their Aging stat, they retire!
That retirement means you can only hire them for 1 match at a time.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

sirpoop

Postby sirpoop » 21 January 2013, 22:16

Does the AI also have to deal with aging, or is that just for human-controlled teams?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 January 2013, 22:45

Just you, I believe. You can turn it off if you're willing to play with SQL a little: viewtopic.php?p=29759#p29759

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 22 January 2013, 03:57

All team that are currently active in the tournament/cup that you are playing in are subject to the Aging rule.
You will notice that as your team progresses to the better period tournaments, your team continues to age,
While the newer, higher ranked team start out as brand new teams.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

sirpoop

Postby sirpoop » 24 January 2013, 04:55

What a shame, I was hoping I could just run a multiyear tournament and have the computer teams age with mine. Oh well.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 24 January 2013, 22:38

sirpoop wrote:What a shame, I was hoping I could just run a multiyear tournament and have the computer teams age with mine. Oh well.

They do only if those opposing teams are in the same tournament/cup as your team is.

sirpoop

Postby sirpoop » 25 January 2013, 00:56

Awesome, so it will work through multiple years of a competition?

Thanks, gonna try that.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 25 January 2013, 22:36

sirpoop wrote:Awesome, so it will work through multiple years of a competition?

Thanks, gonna try that.

It should, no guarantees though.

Return to “You vs AI”