Noob questions about statistics and abilities :s

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
SYKOJAK

Re: Noob questions about statistics and abilities :s

Postby SYKOJAK » 09 January 2013, 12:10

It is my Blood Bowl philosophy that all Blood Bowl teams fall into the Maneuver/Attrition
Spectrum. On one of the spectrum you have teams that fall on the Maneuver side. Other teams
Fall on the Attrition side. But most teams fall somewhere in between.

The more Maneuver a team is, the faster and more agile a team is at getting to the ball. These
Team prefer to get to the ball and score as quickly and as often as possible. Examples of this
Style of play are Skaven and all the Elf teams.

The Attrition teams like, Dwarf, Orc, Chaos, and Nurgle, prefer to control the ball and grind their
Oppoenents down before they choose to finally score a tieing/winning TD. Their goal is to
Remove as many players as possible to make it easier to score.

Your more moderate teams like Humans, Norse, and Amazon, don't really excel but they can
Easily do both depending on the opposing team they are facing.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

LearnedWolf

Postby LearnedWolf » 09 January 2013, 16:46

But it seems so much easy er to score then take out the other players... is it just me?!? Or is this true? Cause if it is, then the maneuver teams are better...

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 09 January 2013, 17:01

But it seems so much easy er to score then take out the other players... is it just me?!? Or is this true? Cause if it is, then the maneuver teams are better...
That would depend on the team matchup and the respective coaches abilities. And of course luck, will
Always have a say in the matter too.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 09 January 2013, 18:29

I did read most of the rule book, and when i say most i read all the stuff i came across in the game like the skills and so forth. But for some reason is not very clear to me :s
What about the diving tackle?!?
Is that any good? I don't get this one either :s i have it on a player and once him and another one that was trying to pass by where knocked down \o/ i was like :D
Yes, it's a good skill. It's used often either to mark ball carriers or catchers in the hope of stopping them where they are or forcing them to dodge away and cause the loss of the ball/turnover.
it's not a skill taken as first choice, though.
It's usually the third/fourth skill for a Blodger Side stepper.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 09 January 2013, 18:33

Against the AI it doesn't matter. You can win against it using a Saurus passing game, it's that bad.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

LearnedWolf

Postby LearnedWolf » 10 January 2013, 10:29

Against the AI it doesn't matter. You can win against it using a Saurus passing game, it's that bad.
Really? Cause at first the first the game seemed really hard to beat even on easy. What is the best score you had against the AI?

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 10 January 2013, 10:51

9-0, or something like that. Kinda easy to run the score up when the AI let's you surf a player every turn, plus injuries.
Should point out I'm a (at best) average player - I regularly get my butt handed to me by decent players, but the AI is that bad, it makes me look like a genius.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 11 January 2013, 18:46

Really? Cause at first the first the game seemed really hard to beat even on easy. What is the best score you had against the AI?
And in time, you too will come to learn the AI's lack of challenge as well.

LearnedWolf

Postby LearnedWolf » 11 January 2013, 23:27

And in time, you too will come to learn the AI's lack of challenge as well.[/quote]
From you're keyboard to the Horned Rat's screen :D
^that s my way of saying from you r mouth to god's ears.

Return to “You vs AI”