end of Season 1

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
roddyriot

end of Season 1

Postby roddyriot » 10 January 2013, 01:41

So, I completed period 5, winning that tournament.
One of my players is not on my team, though I can buy him back. It's not clear to me how the game determines which players will leave the team.

More importantly, my treasury went from 200,000, approximately, to zero. How and Why? What good was winning the period 5 tournament just to lose all my money. I also didn't see any screen describing the outcome of my contract with the advertiser.

Help.

Orcacide

Re: end of Season 1

Postby Orcacide » 10 January 2013, 01:51

Restart in Classic mode.

Your problems will all be solved.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 10 January 2013, 02:59

Yup! Sounds to me that you started your campaign season in turn-based Blitz mode, yes?
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

roddyriot

Postby roddyriot » 10 January 2013, 06:05

yes. Is there an explanation of blitz mode somewhere?

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 10 January 2013, 08:23

The lost player is certainly a blitz-mode thing, though you should be able to edit the save file to remove that option. The gold loss is probably spiralling expenses, which you'd get in Classic mode too.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

roddyriot

Postby roddyriot » 10 January 2013, 14:20

It's not spiralling expenses. That's only 20K per game. I should have had 200K + tournament winnings.
it is quite interesting that on this active board, nobody has a rule-set for blitz mode.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 10 January 2013, 14:39

Contracts, perhaps?

There's no (user written) ruleset because very few people play it ;)

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 10 January 2013, 18:38

It's not spiralling expenses. That's only 20K per game. I should have had 200K + tournament winnings.
it is quite interesting that on this active board, nobody has a rule-set for blitz mode.
No one has a ruleset because no one plays it. You should be asking Cyanide for a ruleset, because they're the ones that coded that pile of trash.

I got into this community for the exact same reason, and it took me a ton of searching to figure out the answer, moreso because these official boards were not up yet when I did so (and the old boards were closed), so all links were dead.

What happens is that your players have contracts to play a certain number of seasons with you, after which time they need to be paid again, or they will not play for you. All of your money was used to re-hire your players, except for that guy who's now a free agent, you ran outta money to hire him again. This was supposed to be counteracted by the use of sponsors, but since there's no documentation on how they work either, it's dodgy at best.

So that's the long answer. The short answer is the first reply to you in this thread. Start over, play classic mode, and forget blitz mode ever existed. It will solve all of your problems.

Return to “You vs AI”