Question about match payouts.

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
TooNu

Question about match payouts.

Postby TooNu » 18 January 2013, 20:24

I am playing a classic rules single player campaign and after every match I win some cash, say 60,000gold and then it takes some away, like 40,000. The teams I am playing seem to be anything from 100 value points to 150 value points less than my team.

At times it seems like I have less money after the match than I did before the match. Why is the game taking my gold?

dode74

Re: Question about match payouts.

Postby dode74 » 18 January 2013, 20:36

Spiralling expenses, perhaps?

TooNu

Postby TooNu » 18 January 2013, 21:48

Ah that'll be it, thank you for your swift reply :)
I am now earning about 10,000g per game...I need cheaper Dwarves

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 18 January 2013, 22:06

The upside being that when you're playing campaign, you don't need that much money, as your guys should very very rarely get injured.

Harbinger8

Postby Harbinger8 » 02 February 2013, 11:25

The upside being that when you're playing campaign, you don't need that much money, as your guys should very very rarely get injured.
Huh?!?
If the game would allow you 3-4 apothecaries, I would use them all every game nearly!

Is your AI kinder than mine?!?
Over a third of my players have serious injuries and two players have two of them!
Rarely get injuried?
Hmph!
Your AI MUST be far more kind than mine somehow!!!

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 02 February 2013, 16:55

Huh?!?
If the game would allow you 3-4 apothecaries, I would use them all every game nearly!

Is your AI kinder than mine?!?
Over a third of my players have serious injuries and two players have two of them!
Rarely get injuried?
Hmph!
Your AI MUST be far more kind than mine somehow!!!
No, you just don't know how to play. Minimizing injuries vs the AI is trivial.

I would place a caveat on that statement if you were playing an AV 7 team, but you're not. You're playing dwarves. Hence, if you're getting injured frequently with AV 9, you're just not that good at the game yet. You're allowing yourself to take too many blocks or blocking yourself into unsafe positions.

And before you come back and say something like "I played tabletop back in 1989 blah blah blah," please understand that in no way prevents you from being bad at the game. My AI is no different than yours, my dice are no different than yours, my RNG is no different than yours. It's the same game. I'm running a league of a lot of new players and the biggest thing I hear from them is "Man, I just have terrible dice, I can't make any rolls," and when you go to watch their games you can point out a dozen areas where they made incorrect plays or they don't fully understand the mechanics of the game. Once you point out areas where they're making bad dice rolls or bad blocks or doing actions out of proper turn order, they improve incredibly and no longer feel that the dice are at fault for their failures. It's not a knock on them in the slightest. This game has a very high learning curve and you're not going to be a good player in 10, 20, or even 100 hours. I made a video and put it up on youtube for my friends to learn the game after I had about ~200ish hours in the game. I went back and watched it recently and can't believe how terrible I was. After you start learning the nuances of playing the game to NOT roll dice, you'll find that your injury rate goes WAY down and your winning percentage goes WAY up.

This is one of my single player teams with 49 games. Note the lack of any stat modifying injury on any of them, and note the SPP. It's trivial to avoid injuries vs the AI. The only thing of note is #6 -- he was obviously replaced because he either rolled a -str or dead. But that's one career ending injury in almost 50 games.

Now, vs actual humans? Different story entirely.
roster.jpg
roster.jpg (155.94 KiB) Viewed 2707 times

Harbinger8

Postby Harbinger8 » 03 February 2013, 00:04

Mr. Snarky Orcacide, where did I say what team or teams I have played or am playing?
I DID NOT!!!

Orcacide, just who in <bleep> do you think you are!
You are incredibly rude and a horrible guesser.
Get off of my air!

I await some help from someone who actually wants to be helpful and not just insulting to someone they do not know.
That also Includes not jumping to presumptive conclusions about how good or bad of a Blood Bowl coach I am on the tabletop!
Jeesh, what the <bleep> did that have to do with my question???

Please folks, some serious help here and on the other thread.
Nuts and bolts answers here please.
No jargon, no short hand, no textspeak.
Just simple and complete sentences.
Please.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 03 February 2013, 04:47

You're right. The "Cheaper dwarves" comment was in the quoted post instead of yours. I retract that portion of the statement.

The rest, however, stands.

Those are also complete sentences.

What was your question again? That my AI must be worse than yours? Am I correct on that? I just wanna be sure before we continue.

Harbinger8

Postby Harbinger8 » 03 February 2013, 10:13

"We" are not going to continue Orcacide.
You set yourself beyond the Pale with your <bleep> comments.
I see no reason WHATSOEVER for you to continue even following this thread.
I am looking for an answer that is evidently beyond your knowledge base.
Good day.

To Everyone else:
At this point, I do not really care about the AI issue that I should have never even asked about evidently.

What matters is would you all please assist me in finding the complete manual for the computer game?
Amid all of the programmers involved with the game, according to the membership list, that have handles on this forum, one of them should have a complete manual they could share with all of us.
Yes?

Thank you for your efforts.
I look forward to your response.

rayon__delta

Postby rayon__delta » 03 February 2013, 10:34

"We" are not going to continue Orcacide.
finding the complete manual for the computer game?
there's no complete thing for this game.

Return to “You vs AI”