2-0 in one turn

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
LunchMoney

2-0 in one turn

Postby LunchMoney » 14 February 2013, 18:41

I was messing around with Wood Elves vs the AI and pulled this off :)
Chain pushed my catcher forward for a 1TTD.
Kick off for a Blitz, with the ball landing on LOS. Dumped most of my team under the ball and caught it with a catcher. Who stayed upright and was then chain pushed forward to score again in one turn.
Kicked again, got a riot and the clock went back. So after 1 turn I am 2-0 up :lol:

It was very silly.
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

Pestigor

Re: 2-0 in one turn

Postby Pestigor » 21 February 2013, 16:05

:lol:

Howitzer

Postby Howitzer » 22 April 2013, 10:13

That's insane!!

I got similar myself recently.
As Elves (basic) I got a Blitz, dodged my catcher through the LOS to catch our own kick, AI only got pushes and he ran it in with a dodge and 2 GFIs for a 1TTD :) First I've ever managed!

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 23 April 2013, 03:25

Well played! :P

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

Harbinger8

Postby Harbinger8 » 28 April 2013, 10:05

Love "Blitz" on the Kick-off Chart for that very reason.
It is always the coolest when you can get your catcher in under the ball, catch the kick-off and have your opposition push you into the end zone!
Then you get "Quick Snap" on the return kick-off which allows your catcher and some defenders to cross the LOS and penetrate the oppositions' end zone on the second half of the turn.
Lovely 2-nil 1-turn without a Riot!
Have had it happen four times and loved it each time.
Been grateful that it was in my favor rather than the opposition's too.

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 29 April 2013, 06:17

Harbinger8 wrote:Then you get "Quick Snap" on the return kick-off which allows your catcher and some defenders to cross the LOS and penetrate the oppositions' end zone on the second half of the turn.
Lovely 2-nil 1-turn without a Riot!
Have had it happen four times and loved it each time.

Have had it happen 4 times you say... And loved it each time...

Well, good for you, but... the fact that "Quick Snap" allows the receiving team to move 1 square makes the whole story of "2 TDs in 1 turn" that has happened to you 4 times now a total b******t.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 29 April 2013, 07:58

LunchMoney wrote:Kick off for a Blitz, with the ball landing on LOS. Dumped most of my team under the ball and caught it with a catcher. Who stayed upright and was then chain pushed forward to score again in one turn.

The sad part is that it happened on the Cyanide game vs. the CPU, so people will chalk it up to crappy AI, when in reality it has much more to do with really lucky rolls and could very well have happened in a real match. You should keep the replay, though.

Sid The Coach wrote:Well, good for you, but... the fact that "Quick Snap" allows the receiving team to move 1 square makes the whole story of "2 TDs in 1 turn" that has happened to you 4 times now a total b******t.

Y'know, Sid, it's meanie-heads like you that make liars and idiots not want to participate in these forums. You'd better give him an apology back-rub or he'll tell on you!
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Harbinger8

Postby Harbinger8 » 29 April 2013, 13:55

But Sid, my dear snotling-minded poster, did I say what team I was running and what star player enhancements my Catcher had?
Gee Sid, might want to ask a few questions before saying someone is being deceptive.
Poor little Siddy, projecting on to others.

Or are you just being VoodooMike's disciple.
And really Sid, just how well is that working for you?

Try to have a nice week anyway Sid.

If someone would like to ask how it happened, well then, some answers would be coming.
A request or two first instead of accusations would certainly have worked much better here.

zoraster

Postby zoraster » 29 April 2013, 14:44

Regardless of how you tried to resolve that quick snap scenario when you are the kicking team both times it still wouldn’t be 2-0 in one turn Harbinger. If your opponent pushes you in for a TD in their turn it uses your turn too. The fluff is extra time is lost due to your team getting extra excited by the unusual scoring method. The practical reason is you will be kicking off having scored so your opponent has two turns in a row.

Harbinger8

Postby Harbinger8 » 29 April 2013, 15:07

So, as I have now had it explained to me by zoraster, I lose a turn when the opposition shoves me into their end zone?
Had not really noticed that, if that is the case.

Thenagain, I am a old-style table-top BB player - the turns are noticeable because you, yourself, have to move the turn marker or suffer Illegal Procedure.

Seems like the Riot is wishy-washy now too.
Prior to CRaP, Riot only got rid of turns.

Then, not trying to change the story, but evidently am, it must have been the other direction of events because I know I have scored twice in a row in a single turn before with this computer game.
Therefore it must have been - Quick Snap (which allowed a Catcher with MA-9 and Sprint to score right away when handed the ball) and then Blitz (which allowed the same Catcher to run to the last pitch row before the opponent's end zone, catch the kick-off to the opposition and then get pushed into the End Zone by the opposition guy blitzing him).

I apologize for the mix up.
I had not noticed the loss of turn in the only 200-300 games I have played.
I believe that not actually having to move the turn marker myself, I lost track of what turn it was.
There are some games of computer BB that do seem to pass by very fast; it makes me wonder where the all the turns went at those times.
I get just so caught up in the struggle evidently, I simply do not pay attention to the "clock".

Thank you zoraster for calmly and intelligently pointing out my error in the order of events.

Return to “You vs AI”