This game cheats...

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
Raven Morpheus

This game cheats...

Postby Raven Morpheus » 21 October 2011, 12:21

Apologies if this has been brought up before but I am getting frustrated with playing the AI.

I was playing a game against a Norse team today, in campaign mode with Easy AI, and I had badly hurt the Yehtee on the Norse Team.

I then scored, and the Yhetee was magically back on the pitch!?!

The AI did not appear to use his apothecary (if he had one).

I've had this happen with other teams as well.

Am I missing some sort of potion, spell or something that causes this or is the AI actually cheating?

The AI also frequently make dodge rolls against me that if it were I who was having to make the rolls I would fail 99.9% of the time, Skaven and Skinks are particularly the worst at this.

Again are the AI cheating?

The AI seem to difficult to play against on anything but Easy for me, but on the flip side they also seem like cheating b'stards!!!

dode74

Re: This game cheats...

Postby dode74 » 21 October 2011, 12:31

Can you post up the replay for the Yhetee.
The AI also frequently make dodge rolls against me that if it were I who was having to make the rolls I would fail 99.9% of the time, Skaven and Skinks are particularly the worst at this.
Perceptual bias.

The AI doesn't cheat, you just need to improve. I don't mean that as a "you suck" comment, merely that most coaches who have experience find the AI so laughably easy to play against that if it did cheat it might be a challenge. Your best bet would be to get online and look for the Sharks Cage league to see if they can show you the ropes.

Raven Morpheus

Postby Raven Morpheus » 21 October 2011, 13:23

Can you post up the replay for the Yhetee.
If I knew how to I would.
Perceptual bias.

The AI doesn't cheat, you just need to improve. I don't mean that as a "you suck" comment, merely that most coaches who have experience find the AI so laughably easy to play against that if it did cheat it might be a challenge. Your best bet would be to get online and look for the Sharks Cage league to see if they can show you the ropes.
I can and do beat the AI, on easy. I actually very rarely lose a game. But it does seem to me that they do cheat on the dice rolls.

I've seen Skaven Gutter Runners run through half a dozen of my guys tackle zones, having to make multiple dodges, in one turn, and they don't fall over. They do this on a regular basis.

And yet when I try to do the same thing it always fails.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 October 2011, 13:49

viewtopic.php?p=488#p488
Otherwise it's perceptual bias.

Raven Morpheus

Postby Raven Morpheus » 21 October 2011, 14:06

viewtopic.php?p=488#p488
Otherwise it's perceptual bias.
Hmm. Well from what I've experienced it would seem that I am right, and it appears there are a few others that agree.

There definitely seems to be some bias against the player when playing certain teams.

Are you seriously telling me that a Gutter Runner can make multiple dodges in a row consistently? Because I see it in almost every game I play.

As the guy who posted above you in that thread said - you'd never see that happen in the board game. And I've played this game on and off, both PC and board game since it came out back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Not saying I'm any good at it, far from it, but I'm fairly sure there is something iffy about the way the AI seem to run rings around the player team - I've even got a buddy who I play against who also says the same, and he's better than I am at the game.

Anyway here's that replay, unfortunately it doesn't show the block against the Yhetee which badly hurt him, and it seems to end after 4 turns, just after I scored.

And yet I didn't abandon the match and it was only turn 4!?!

Link - http://www.gamefront.com/files/20909945 ... 1-14-54.db

In that game I went on to win 2-0, had 4 of his players dead, including his Yhetee after it miraculously recovered from a badly hurt result, and I had at least 3 other players knocked out.

All in all a very lucky game for me, sadly the replay doesn't show any of that.

But I guess what you're saying is that the game is perfect, and there is nothing wrong with it...

Moronik

Postby Moronik » 21 October 2011, 14:54

regarding the Yhetee, it sounds like a glitch... :?:
Are you seriously telling me that a Gutter Runner can make multiple dodges in a row consistently?
Yes.

Depends on how many tackle zones they are dodging into? if its none, then they only need a 2+, and with dodge I would expect to make 3-4 of those dodges a turn easy.

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 21 October 2011, 14:59

Yep I do it all the time against human opponents...just wait till you see a 5 agility rat...then you are going to lose it when they literally run through your line.
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 October 2011, 15:13

But I guess what you're saying is that the game is perfect, and there is nothing wrong with it...
Please don't get hessy with me. What I am saying is that the game doesn't cheat in the way you describe.

Do you know what the odds of a GR are of making 12 dodges in a row if you have a TRR? 54%. That means that a GR should be able to dodge through pretty much your entire team (assuming it is spaced out) more than half the time. There is a 49% chance of it making 5 dodges into TZs (3+). AG4 players are damned annoying, and AG5 players with dodge can do the 12 dodge thing into single TZs at the same odds as I described above.

Almost 2 million games have been played online, with a similar number (if not more) being played offline. On that basis, one-in-a-million events could have happened 4 times and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Do you know how many dodges a GR must successfully make into squares with 2TZs (4+) covering them in order to make the odds one-in-a-million? 23.

Moronik

Postby Moronik » 21 October 2011, 15:15

and that is why i hate Gutter Runners :evil:

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 21 October 2011, 15:20

Almost 2 million games have been played online, with a similar number (if not more) being played offline. On that basis, one-in-a-million events could have happened 4 times and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Do you know how many dodges a GR must successfully make into squares with 2TZs (4+) covering them in order to make the odds one-in-a-million? 23.
And now I have something to strive for.
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

Return to “You vs AI”