This game cheats...

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
dode74

Re: This game cheats...

Postby dode74 » 03 February 2012, 19:01

This qualifies as friendly banter on our usual scale ;)

Patje

Postby Patje » 03 February 2012, 19:14

I still prefer pretty ladies with bikinis wrestling eachother in an oily setting, though.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 03 February 2012, 20:39

I still prefer pretty ladies with bikinis wrestling eachother in an oily setting, though.
+1 :twisted:

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 04 February 2012, 01:59

This qualifies as friendly banter on our usual scale ;)
Aye, I've seen some of the names he used to call you over on his site... :roll: ;)

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

FStingraY2012

Postby FStingraY2012 » 15 February 2012, 14:31

The AI doesn't cheat. It's just way luckier than most people.
Notice I said PEOPLE. It includes veterans and newbies.
Veterans have chosen to accept it. Newbies to complain about it.
Also notice I said LUCKIER. Why?
Because it is.
I've played many games (not as much as most people here, of course) against the AI and in every single game it gets VERY lucky. And I'm not talking about the AI succeeding every dodge roll or something like that. But HOW it succeeds. I've never lost a match against the AI (mostly because when things get dire I rage quit and load a save game until I win). But, most if not ALL the touchdown the AI scores against me is due to very lucky "Critical Success" streaks.

I have one screenshot to show what I'm talking about. I'll post it later.

Let's do a quick analysis of most games I play (against fast teams. Against other teams it goes a bit differently):

I kick the ball
The AI rolls a 6 to pickup the ball.
Then the cage begins to form around the ball carrier.
Some blocks here and there.
One or two AI players sneak past my defenses (rolling 6 on all rolls (sometimes a 5+1 from dodge bonus).
My turn.
I surround the cage as best as I can (minding tackle zones, knocking out players with dodge and pass first, etc)
I mark with TWO guys (one of which had tackle)the player (or players) that got past my defenses.
Their turn.
An AI player (WITHOUT ANY pass skills), throws the ball to the player who are in my side of the field. (With a 6)
I choose one player to make an interception. (It fails of course...)
The AI player (WITHOUT any catch skills) catches the ball (with a 6) dodges the two players marking it (with a number of 5+1 or 6s depending on the positioning) and scores.
All of this in 2 turns.
One time, I've decided to not rage quit and keep going. Then, I scored and tied the game 2 turns later. Then the AI performed the same "lucky streak" and it was in the lead again. I kept going to see where that would end. It got so ridiculous that the game ended 4-3 (for me). And I only managed to win because I bashed so much of their team that they were playing with six players on the field and most of their blocks had to be made against superior odds (so superior I had to choose their block rolls for them).
Ask me how many times I got two 6s in a row? Two times. In all my games (no kidding)...
Ask me now how many times I got two 1s in a row? Every single game I play. The AI... Never seen that. (I've seen they get two 1s as a result (i.e roll a dodge = 1, re-roll = 2-1) but not two Criticals Failures (i.e roll a dodge = 1, re-roll = 1)

So, my gripe is: There is nothing you can do when the AI only rolls "criticals". It gets frustrating, FAST.

And don't get me started on the "two skulls, re-roll, two skulls" issue... :)

What I'm trying to imply here is that there's not only the "Perception" issue going on. Some people are more luckier, others (me) aren't. (My screenshots and logs don't lie about that :) )

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 15 February 2012, 14:55

Wow! My AI rolls 4s and 5s - maybe you should hand them back to me. :roll:

It is no "luckier" than anyone else - thorough analysis of the dice rolls have shown that.
You may deny it, but I call Perceptional Bias.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 15 February 2012, 15:06

Despite some of the stereotypes about the English, my teeth aren't brown.
Brown and small enough to be mistaken for mints... you aren't carrying hantavirus, are you?
Have you two ever thought about going into comedy as a double act? It's sheer genius and I honestly think you could go far. :D

FStingraY2012

Postby FStingraY2012 » 15 February 2012, 15:14

Wow! My AI rolls 4s and 5s - maybe you should hand them back to me. :roll:

It is no "luckier" than anyone else - thorough analysis of the dice rolls have shown that.
You may deny it, but I call Perceptional Bias.
I call it luck. I can play and screenshot all my games and post it here. Then you would see it's not "Perceptional" only. :D
Did you notice I was only talking about Criticals, yes?

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 15 February 2012, 15:24

Please do - I'm sure someone with more time and patience for those that can't get other their own coaching inadequacies will go through them and tell you that you're wrong.
Me? I've got better things to do than argue with someone who thinks his few 100 games is better evidence than the 6 million calculations and 1000's of games that have been checked.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Patje

Postby Patje » 15 February 2012, 18:18

I just started a new campaign with a Chaos team. Had a terrific match against a Dark Elf team. The last 5 turns (two for me, three for them) ended with a turnover, all on the first action of the turn. The match before that I played a gobbo team and a Pogogobbo killed himself on a GFI.

I just love this game, even against the AI.

Return to “You vs AI”