And they say the AI is to hard...

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
Simonthemad

And they say the AI is to hard...

Postby Simonthemad » 07 March 2013, 23:31

I recently got involved in MM with the Lineman Only League. I thought it would be fun to see what an all Zombie team (possibly the worst group possible) would do against the computer in continuous play (Campaign).

I have won my first two Cups in a row, without allowing a single TD.

I am now on my third cup, scratched out an overtime win 2-1 versus Chaos.

I have beat Dwarfs, Skaven, Ogre, Human and Chaos. Most of them have been 200-400 TV advantages against me.

For those of you new to the game, a zombie stat is 4/3/2/8.

Right now most of my zombies are level 2, with block.

My "ballcarrier" is level 4, Surehands/Block/Kickoff Return.

Playing on Medium Difficulty. If a zombie team can do it, anyone can.

A-r-c-h-o-n

Re: And they say the AI is to hard...

Postby A-r-c-h-o-n » 08 March 2013, 07:04

Snotlings come to mind...
Although zombies may be still more difficult.

Pestigor

Postby Pestigor » 08 March 2013, 16:44

congrats on the block on the carrier.
the ai would have chosen the same :roll:

LunchMoney

Postby LunchMoney » 10 March 2013, 13:45

Simonthemad wrote:I recently got involved in MM with the Lineman Only League. I thought it would be fun to see what an all Zombie team (possibly the worst group possible) would do against the computer in continuous play (Campaign).

Do it with a snotling team.
You might concede a TD or two, but should still win :)
Contact lunchmoney@exilesleague.com
Click here to read how to score in one turn, with a MA6 player
Read the actual rule book? If not, get it here and read it before posting questions about rules.
I am a NAF rep. Email me your questions.

Ixnatifual

Postby Ixnatifual » 11 March 2013, 10:02

I've done great against real coaches with Zombie or mixed Zombie/Skeleton only teams. While they used regular teams.
"Scoring touchdowns... Good strategy? Or cheap exploit?"

kabooki

Postby kabooki » 13 March 2013, 19:28

I have played an all skink +Krox team against the AI on medium and it has been enjoyable. Easy, but enjoyable. I have I Mighty Blow Blitzer, a sure handed ball carrier and a couple wrestlers. The last cup I played I had no permanant injuries. Silly.

Simonthemad

Postby Simonthemad » 14 March 2013, 21:55

I actually just got Chaos Edition, and started a World Cup with Khorne's Demaons....I am in the knock out round (so about 19 games in or so?) and have yet to give up a TD..silly indeed :roll:

Ixnatifual

Postby Ixnatifual » 01 April 2013, 19:22

I decided it was finally time to beat the single player campaign, so I made a Chaos team and got to the Blood Bowl at last. I've lost one game so far in the team's career. That was the very first match where I faced a Dark Elf team. I just lost too most of too many turns due to rerolling both down/skull two-die blocks into more both down/skull results in that one to do much of anything.

Some things I really hope they address in Blood Bowl 2:
- AI has no concept of how far in the half you are. It should try to make something happen if it's not in the lead, it's turn 15 and it has no guys in scoring range. (And by "make something happen" I don't mean run the ball the wrong way. Or setup a cage deep within its own half)
- Sometimes it's good at setting up a string of two-die blocks, but at other times it goes out of its way doing crazy dodges just in order to do a blitz with a two-die block against.
- Some teams are handled really bad. Like the Vampires. Often when a Vamp blood lusts, it often just rerolls it even if there's a Thrall nearby and nothing particularly important for the vamp to do. Sometimes it just ignores the Blood Lust and turnovers even if there's plenty of Thralls within easy reach. Sometimes it has 6 Vampires on the team yet fields only 1 of them along with 10 Thralls.
- One thing that would also make the AI harder would be if they fielded 11-13 players, depending on team, with high levels, rather than 16 mid-range players. As an aside it would also make getting KOs and Cas against them more relevant when they don't have an endless supply.

One particularly funny situation was when I faced an Ogre team and they had the ball on one of them. I was ahead so I simply set up two-player columns to block their passage. What happened was they would back up a bit and reform the cage. I'd then move up and reform the columns. This repeated inself for a few turns until the ogres had backed thenselves up against their own end zone with the cage, finally decided enough was enough started trying to punch some holes in the defense.
"Scoring touchdowns... Good strategy? Or cheap exploit?"

Howitzer

Postby Howitzer » 18 April 2013, 11:10

I always feel terrible when threads like this come up... AI beats me on medium about 50% of the time :cry:

I still have yet to find a team I can get used to and I suppose it's just a matter of practice. I have learned alot recently but haven't put it to the test yet.

MM I lose about 80% of the time lol. But it is more fun to have someone to talk to as we play :)

Simonthemad

Postby Simonthemad » 22 April 2013, 15:08

What teams are you playing? Sometimes that can make a big difference

Return to “You vs AI”