What is the best killer team?

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
maineyak

Re: What is the best killer team?

Postby maineyak » 10 August 2014, 21:25

I don't necessarily recommend them for everyone but Lizardmen have a really good start and mid-game, you can start with 6 Sauraus (MV 6, ST 4, AG 1, AV 9), 5 skinks (MV 8!, ST 2, AG 3, AV 7, Dodge, Stunty), 2 Re-rolls, and Apoth and 5 FF. The only team I fear to face off the bat is Dwarves because Block and Tackle makes my skinks easy to nail. Most other teams don't have block to start except on Blitzer type players. The extra movement you get from a Sauraus versus a Chaos Warrior or a Tomb Guardian means 2 things. One, I often get asked (in the board game version) "How much movement do they have?" because they thought their ball carrier or passer was out of reach, then they all of a sudden get tackled by my guys. Two, instead of my Sauraus going head to head with other high strength guys, I often just outmaneuver them until I get one or two of their guys taken care of so I have player advantage, A mummy may be scary to most but I just walk away from them briskly to deal with their low AV/Ball Carrier guys.

As far as my Skinks go, I do loose some to injuries once in a while, but you have to knock the guys down first. Doubles they usually get block unless they are my ball handler (then sure hands) I give them sure feet, sprint and whatever else, giving them an effective 11 (or more) movement range. Yes they may be strength 2, but when four come from the other half of the field to snipe the guy you thought you were going to throw to it really ruins your day.

On to the Kroxagor, possibly the best Big Guy ever. (MV 6, ST 5, AG 1, AV 9) Need I repeat MV 6! Mighty Blow (standard) Thick Skull (helps) Prehensile Tail (awesome, just try to dodge away from him with your low strength guys) and only Loner (standard) and Bone Head (not Really Stupid so I don't have to waste someone just to keep him smarter or risk wasting a blitz with WIld Animal, he only ever fails 1/6th of the time no matter what, or 1/12th with Pro.

The negatives are in late stages of development, Skinks only get Agility rolls (not even general except on doubles), Kroxigor only gets Strength (really not giving him block or pro right off the bat), Sauraus do get Strength and General (but with AG 1, you can't count on giving them a random touchdown or completion to top off their SPP's). The team really does well with even a slight player advantage so later on when other have their rosters filled out, I delay TD's as much as I can and try to push as many opponents off the field as possible.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 11 August 2014, 00:38

maineyak wrote:I don't necessarily recommend them for everyone but Lizardmen have a really good start and mid-game, you can start with 6 Sauraus (MV 6, ST 4, AG 1, AV 9), 5 skinks (MV 8!, ST 2, AG 3, AV 7, Dodge, Stunty), 2 Re-rolls, and Apoth and 5 FF

Why 5 FF? Is not as important as it was in LRB4, 0 FF and saving money is the way to go.
After mid TV your Saurus meet clawpomb, they start to die in droves, and skilling the new ones is a pain.
maineyak wrote:he only ever fails 1/6th of the time no matter what, or 1/12th with Pro.

Passing the 2+ Bone Head roll with Pro is 90.278 %, thus the failure is 9.722 %, slightly higher than 1/12th (8.333 %).

Taeves

Postby Taeves » 06 February 2015, 18:49

Just an outside thought; I've played Chaos for many, many years. I love how difficult they are to start off with and more importantly, how dangerous they are after you've developed them. I played on Fumbbl.com for almost 10 years and while I never played 1000+ games with a single team like crazy Kenty did, I have played over 300 with one Chaos team.

Success was difficult due to constant rebuilding; when you load a team with Claw/RSC (as was possible at the time) it's hard to be picky with who you play against, and when you're hurting there is no recovery game. Every one wants to destroy you. :)

Even after Razor Sharp Claws was removed, Claw/MB works very well. But I don't recommend using Piling On. You should always employ a smart strategy, even against dumb AI, or you will develop lazy habits and get stomped the next time you play online. And online people will foul your Piling On players. And aside from that, you're putting a player prone, or multiple players prone if you go that route. I'd only ever use it if you had Jump Up, but that's just a waste of doubles imo.

Instead go the Frenzy route. Frenzy will get you in trouble, and you will have turnovers occasionally. But after you master it you realize that it is often more desirable to take before Mighty Blow or your initial claw (but always block first to reduce turn overs and increase dead enemies). Twice as many blocks, twice as many armour rolls. It's also a general skill. And more importantly it allows you to throw your opponents players into the crowd much easier.

Most people don't like frenzy because they don't understand how to use it properly. I created a guide on Fumbbl a long time ago but it doesn't exist anymore.

Ideally on Warriors I go Block, Frenzy, Claw, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Guard for the first two and give the 3rd and fourth guard earlier to help the first two get better blocks. They all take Block/Frenzy first however.

This will also help you get games against real people (the less claw/mb they see while you're building the team, the more likely they will play you). Obviously the AI doesn't care what you do, but personally I prefer more armour rolls and throwing people into the crowd. Strength in numbers!

Return to “You vs AI”