What is the best killer team?

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
LearnedWolf

What is the best killer team?

Postby LearnedWolf » 28 March 2013, 18:05

Ok, so i been getting a bit better at the game, starting to understand the mechanics and stuff. When i started i was all about scoring, but now i wanna kill, lol. What is the best killer team? And i mean if you develop it, like experienced players and what not.
I been reading here, seems chaos is like that?
I kinda like the Kemri, they have a lot strength 5 players. Also what skills makes a kill most likely? The hole mighty blow, claw pile on discussion again :3
Any way, any ideas are welcomed.

dode74

Re: What is the best killer team?

Postby dode74 » 28 March 2013, 18:08

For single player to simply kill use Chaos. Take Block/CPOMB/Tackle/Guard on everyone, possibly with one Dirty Player. Another alternative which might be fun and take less development is Norse linemen, all with Dirty Player and with all your inducements (and there will be plenty) spent on Bribes.

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 28 March 2013, 18:12

Honestly, chaos (nurgle second imo) has the best general 'killer' build. Although teams like dwarves and norse can do a lot more damage to most teams, they are less destructive to high av teams (general lack of claw). For example, elf teams generally will suffer less against a 2K chaos team than a 2k dwarf team, because of the ridiculous amount of mb and tackle on a dwarf team at that level. Where as an orc team will be much more worried about playing that 2k chaos team due to claw.

This isn't considering the win/loss discussion. Just in terms of the ability to do a lot of damage.
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

LearnedWolf

Postby LearnedWolf » 28 March 2013, 18:35

Yea, i don't care about scoring in this instance, just the killing bit, lol. I am a bit worried about piling on leaving my player down. Is that not a serious issue?!?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 28 March 2013, 18:52

Not really, no. Certainly not against the AI.

What you could do is use BBEdit to create the team you want - it has a "mass skill add" function so you can put CPOMB/Block/Tackle/Guard on all your players as starting skills! Create a campaign/competition first then save it and exit then edit it with BBEdit. As players level they will have their TV correctly assessed, but it allows some extra skills to be taken after the basic killer skills too.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 28 March 2013, 20:40

Yeah, Chaos in the long run. But if you're not using an editor, it takes a LONG time to skill up a Chaos team to "terrifying juggernaut" porportions.

Orcs are probably better in the short term, maybe even in the medium term.

And Piling On isn't really a danger to you if you're careful. Stand a teammate or two next to him so your opponent can't get many assists, and most people are scared to foul anyway.

LearnedWolf

Postby LearnedWolf » 29 March 2013, 11:02

dode74, i don't wanna cheat :s i wanna make my life difficult and do it in game, lol. I really loved leveling my lizards xD
What about dodge?!? If it has dodge and block it will only get knocked on defender down right(if the other player does not have tackle)? Seems as dodge is a pretty good skill for a killer, cause i want them to be able to knock the other players on the opponents turn as well :D
Also, what strength and armor is to be desired on a chaos team?!? I know the higher the better, but what is a practical value?!

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 29 March 2013, 11:35

heya,

The general idea is to hit first, hit hard, and not let your opponent get in lots of blocks. That will protect your players better than any amount of Dodge.

What I mean by that is, do not run all your free players into tackle zones, they'll just get hit next turn. Instead, Blitz the weakest opposing player you can reach with your scariest killer, beat down anyone in a tackle zone of your players, and wait for them to come to you.
You win bash games by throwing more blocks than your opponent. That sounds simple but too many coaches give their opponents too many blocks.

Here's the Art of Blocking article which lays it out a lot better than I can:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... ocking.pdf

Instead of Dodge, consider Jump Up. It gives a player on the ground a pretty good chance to block someone next to him without using up your Blitz. This is a really great combo with Piling On, it makes your opponents scared of even your players on the ground.

LearnedWolf

Postby LearnedWolf » 31 March 2013, 00:05

I kinda thought that the new Khorne team would be the killer team. but i played them and... they kinda suck ;_;
Can any one confirm this, or am i wrong and they are just hard to level up like the lizards?!?

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 31 March 2013, 01:55

:lol: Khorne squads have tremendous potential as a "Killer Crew", but from what I've witnessed the omnipresent amount of "Frenzy" can get your players into disadvantageous spots where they can get crowd surfed by your opponents. This is just my opinion from watching them and playing against them as I haven't played them, Chaos Dwarves or Underworld for that matter. I say that you should investigate either Chaos or Nurgle.

Return to “You vs AI”