Blitz Campaign questions

This is the zone for the ones who prefer to play against the machine.
Kampfiltis

Blitz Campaign questions

Postby Kampfiltis » 02 January 2012, 07:31

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have some questions about the Blitz Campaign. I have played many campaigns, but did never really pay closer attention to those details, as I always did good in Single Player (how could you not ;) )
Maybe someone can enlighten me? :D

Sponsors:
-Does it effect anything, which sponsor I chose? Is there any benefit from choosing Chaoes Gift Shop over Skaven Cheese? There is not even a visual impact I can see.
-Payout: It says, in the best circumstances I can get 900k ... but that is only when I put the 3 categories (wins, ratings, extras) to max?
-Payout: the money is payed at the end of the season, before players are paid? So you receive money only once a season?
-Wins, Ratings, Additional Goals ... when I understand this correctly, Wins is % of Wins, Ratings is in the post season report in team and player ratings (most touchdowns, most running yards, ...)

Does this mean, if I fail one of the categories, will I get no money at all, or will I still get the bonus from the ones I made. Like 80%, 4 Ratings and increase the team value, I passed the wins and ratings, but failed the value, will I still get my credits for the first 2?
Also, Is there a way to change those settings for the next season? I couldn't figure out how.

Often, at the start of a new season, I don't really see more money on my team. Is this because either, I failed the goals (I usually do 100% wins and at least 4 ratings, so that 2 should never be a problem setting them to 80%+4 ratings) or all the bonus money was already used to pay the player salaries?

And my second understanding problem is ... money for inducement? Where does that come from? I can't get it. I never want to add money from my team for that, but where is it coming from in the first place. In the first tournament, I always get 300k+ for each game to spend on rerolls and bloddwiser babes :P, but starting my second tournament, I get nothing. I start each game with ZERO money for inducement. And this is reagardless to if I win the 1st tournament or lose it. Is it calculated by TV difference or something?

Thanks for your time :)

dode74

Re: Blitz Campaign questions

Postby dode74 » 02 January 2012, 07:33

Not certain on the blitz questions (I, and the majority, only play classic), but regarding inducements: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63 (from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68 )

Kampfiltis

Postby Kampfiltis » 02 January 2012, 07:49

Thanks, the first post did already answer my Inducement questions:
Teams that are at a disadvantage are often given ‘inducements’ to play that will help even the odds. Usually this takes the form of
extra gold, offered by the stadium owner to help convince a team to take part in a match against a superior opponent (and thus
allowing the stadium owner to recoup his losses and more through tickets sales and merchandise!). To represent this, an underdog in a match may be given a certain amount of gold that can be used to buy things for the team to help them in the upcoming match. The amount of gold the team receives is equal to the difference between the total value of the underdog team and the total value of the opposing team. For example, if one coach had a team worth 1,000,000 gold pieces while his opponent had a team worth 1,250,000 gold pieces, then the first coach would be allowed to spend 250,000 gold pieces on Inducements. Any of the gold that is not spent on Inducements is lost and may not be added to the team treasury. In addition, either coach may use gold from their treasury (but not their bank) to purchase Inducements. If the superior opponent wishes to purchase inducements with gold from his treasury, he must do so before the underdog purchases any of his inducements.
That explains why I get so much in the first campaign, but then no more afterwards :) Because by then I am already higher than the opponents :)

Thanks!

Kampfiltis

Postby Kampfiltis » 02 January 2012, 08:24

Okay I got from some other posts, that Blitz mode is better to be avoided anyways since it doesn't resemble the original game at all. I never minded that difference and never thought about it, I always just choose Blitz as I thought it had more features....

I did not play the boardgame itself, only Warhammer Fantasy back in the days ... but funny I have the original version of the computer game since day one and I also had the PSP version and of course I bought the Legendary version ... but I never ever started a classic campaign because I thought Blitz was the real thing, with leveling players and such.... damn me ...

So nevermind anthering my sponsorship questions, I will give classic mode a go now.

Cheers, Iltis

Return to “You vs AI”