Creating a League in Multiplayer

Present your league and recruit new challengers!
dode74

Re: Creating a League in Multiplayer

Postby dode74 » 05 June 2013, 08:22

Seeding means just that: you can put people into individual leagues.

You can keep both leagues, so no need to delete. Just have people leave one (or boot them) and apply for the other.

If you're looking at changing the league structure completely rather than having an intermediate competition then you can simply change the league settings, I think. I know that option is broken for MM leagues, but I'm not sure about structured leagues as it may work in the off-season. In that case just change the type of competition and the number of divisions etc.

Piranjade

Postby Piranjade » 05 June 2013, 09:09

dode74 wrote:Seeding means just that: you can put people into individual leagues.

Leagues or divisions? Should we make a new league for each division? :?:

dode74 wrote:You can keep both leagues, so no need to delete. Just have people leave one (or boot them) and apply for the other.

Thank you! I didn't know that two leagues with the same name can exist.

dode74 wrote:If you're looking at changing the league structure completely rather than having an intermediate competition then you can simply change the league settings, I think. I know that option is broken for MM leagues, but I'm not sure about structured leagues as it may work in the off-season. In that case just change the type of competition and the number of divisions etc.

I will see if I can find it out. But I'm not the league creator, just a mod.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 05 June 2013, 09:19

Divisions.

I don't think two with the same name can exist. Perhaps I misunderstood you: I thought you wanted two separate leagues. An alternative would be a space before the league name, or a full stop after it, or something else. If I understand you correctly now then changing the rules might be a better option.

If you need help you might be able to catch me in-game. I can then talk any league admin through the process.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 05 June 2013, 16:07

You don't have to delete the league.

Between seasons, you just go into settings, and you can set the max number of teams and divisions. Everyone that's currently in the league can stay in the league and you can just add in the rest.

Piranjade

Postby Piranjade » 05 June 2013, 19:17

OK, thank you all for your help! It seems to work well so far. :mrgreen:
Just two more questions: Do we need to have all the players join BEFORE we press the start season button? Or can we change the settings, start the season, then have people join and put them into divisions?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 05 June 2013, 19:21

It's better to have everyone in. Then you can press start season and juggle them into their divisions.

Piranjade

Postby Piranjade » 05 June 2013, 19:34

Wonderful! And thanks again for all your help!
We didn't think that our league would grow that much and we're a little overwhelmed.

paxxarelli

Postby paxxarelli » 12 June 2013, 09:00

A quick question: We're playing a 4 team championship and the top 2 has same nr of W/D/L matches, but the one with less Team Rating is currently showed as 1st in the League. How does it work? Less Team Rating = better ranking? Thanks.

MILLANDSON

Postby MILLANDSON » 12 June 2013, 10:08

I believe it goes to TD difference first.

Moderators do not represent Focus or Cyanide but do, when moderating, act on their behalf. Moderation posts and PMs will be in this colour.

paxxarelli

Postby paxxarelli » 12 June 2013, 10:20

Really strange, because I'm quite confident the team ranked now as 1st ( with lower TR ) scored less than the 2nd ( with higher TR ).

Return to “League Info & Recruitment”