Most Hurtful Game...

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
HC-Vanselow

Most Hurtful Game...

Postby HC-Vanselow » 15 May 2012, 08:16

:x Recently my Shamutanti Hills Horde (Ogres) went for a round of "Astrogranite Anarchy" against a Chaos team with "Superstar" Snotling in the making ready to scoop up the ball for a leisurely scampering up the field (13 SPP so far in his 8 game career). Tragedy struck later on as both "Sledgehammer" and "Pee Wee" M'Grashackle were killed. That's a base cost of 280,000 gps of my players gone, but luckily I had 140,000 gps in the treasury to recruit "Boom Boom" M'Grashackle. What's been the biggest loss you've taken in a game on a TV worth basis ?

Colonel Panic

Re: Most Hurtful Game...

Postby Colonel Panic » 05 June 2012, 13:34

if temporary injuries count, I once demolished a Dark Elf team so hard that they fielded three players the next game. This was before the journeyman rule. To the other coach's credit, he played that game (and lost) and I think had 9 or 10 the game after that.

On my own team, in game 1 of a brand new season, I lost a Blitzer (-ST) and a Lineman (Dead). Both rookies of course, but 170k out of a 1000 TV roster is a pretty big hit.

perfecten

Postby perfecten » 05 June 2012, 17:18

ive gone into a game with 1740 tv pro elfs and finished with 5 dead ( 2line 1blz 1cat 1thr) and a -1mv cat. I drew that game and won the next with 6 journeymen :lol:

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 05 June 2012, 17:27

I think we have a winner ...

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 05 June 2012, 17:29

13 elves team suffering 12 CAS (6 BH, 4 SI, 2 Dead) and winning:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3154144

This is a hurtful game! :D

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 10 November 2012, 01:27

Once I played a Goblin team that by half_time was down to 2 Goblins and 1 troll for the second
Half. By turn 12 the pitch was entirely cleared of all players from Da Convix. Everyone had been put in the casualty box by then. 3 deaths 6 serious injuries. That was all I needed to restart to team over from scratch.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 10 November 2012, 07:56

:mrgreen: Poor lil' Goblins...I personally don't blame you for starting the sinister squad over from scratch. Who did you play in that game which scrapped your team to pieces ???

timdog

Postby timdog » 17 November 2012, 13:00

My chaos team (around 2100) played an orc team of essentially the same TV for a spot in the playoffs in the league i'm in a week or two ago. It was a slaughter, but on the wrong side ;). It was a nuffling of epic proportions. On turn 4 I failed an ag5 cw (he's fun) dodge into an empty tacklezone which I only had to do because of 3 consecutive failed 2D blocks on a guy without dodge (any knockdown and I could dance away with no dodge) and the result was a BH. This left a lot of my guys in contact with him. The next turn he then killed one of my level 4 cw's, then killed a level 4 beast the turn after that, and spent the rest of the game surrounding and fouling out my players after knocking them down. I got off the occasional blitz, but even my claw/mb/pile on guy couldn't get an armor break. He ended up killing my level 4 minotaur as well, although I was able to apoth that to -MA, and gave a rookie beast a niggle.

End result was a -560TV difference from before the game, and about 340 of that was permanent (I kept the taur despite the -MA, otherwise all 560 would have been permanent)!

For some reason as a chaos team I didn't get a lot of sympathy.... :P Might be something to do with the 3 9 cas games I put up this year.... so yeah, I deserved a game like this back. Still sucked though!

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 17 November 2012, 23:47

so yeah, I deserved a game like this!
Chaos never deserves anything.... Except violence and bloodshed.... :D
Maim, Kill, Destroy (And maybe a score to win) ;)

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 08 December 2012, 22:16

:mrgreen: Poor lil' Goblins...I personally don't blame you for starting the sinister squad over from scratch. Who did you play in that game which scrapped your team to pieces ???
If memory serves me correct, it was a Chaos team on TT version vs. a good freind of mine. He was so exstatic, then the league collapsed like 2 weeks
later. That is the typical life of a TT league for you. Its lifespan is only about 1-2 months, 3 months at best.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

Return to “Stories & Lore”