Players who have had horrible careers for you...

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
HC-Vanselow

Players who have had horrible careers for you...

Postby HC-Vanselow » 06 November 2012, 15:49

:x We have all experienced putting together squads and having a particular player we believe will be awesome on the Astrogranite, but their development goes in the opposite direction. This is the place for you to discuss those players in all of their unglorious splendor...

HC-Vanselow

Re: Players who have had horrible careers for you...

Postby HC-Vanselow » 06 November 2012, 17:09

:( One of the Blitzers on my Citadel Centurions squad (Humans) in the NAWBBL, "Wurlitzer" Czechkowski, has turned out to be the Blood Bowl equivalent of the Old School Seattle Seahawk LB Brian Bosworth. Initially we thought greatness was in his destiny, yet in his first seven games, we have seen nothing but a bust who can't even K.O. a Snotling if his life depended on it.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 08 November 2012, 22:46

My current single player team Khorne's Juggernaughts (Daemons of Khorne,) has a Bloodthirster
On the team. He is currently the player with the most SPPs at127. He is now failing about half of the
Wild animal rolls on blitz actions and burning up the team's reroll for the turn for no real results.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 09 November 2012, 13:49

My norse team has a Yethi named Frostbite Icehammer...

And he appears to be... Hmmm, well, frozen... :lol:
So far he's played 18 games for a total of 1 cas, 3 KO's and..... Well that's it.... :shock:
He's just WA'ed out like every second time I would like to use him... :roll:

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 09 November 2012, 16:06

:lol: Sounds a lot like the Trolls on my Goblin team, the Killwhackee Schmucks. Both Karnij Ironclaw and Zandali Shatterspear have played 50+ games, but haven't reached double digits in the casualty column.

Monstrum

Postby Monstrum » 10 November 2012, 08:49

every single big guy i've ever taken. My beast of nurgle on my FOL team in particular, who even though has block has been a massive 200TV bloat and hit on my win % since game 1. fails half his stupid rolls, tentacles fails to work on anyone larger than a halfling, constantly double skulls, refuses to get MVP, refuses to cas, etc etc
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 12 November 2012, 20:29

:lol: The Filthburgh Virus Beast of Nurgle, Louisfilth Slugger III, is by far my best "Big Guy" thus far with his normal selection of skills which has been boosted with the following level ups: Block, Dodge and Break Tackle. The one "Big Guy" always giving me a difficult time is the Yheti as he also is the reason I've abandoned playing Norse squads. Scheezus, I don't need constant reminders every friggin' turn that you're a "Wild Animal" because I knew that when I recruited you to bloody begin with.

If you've got a squad like Chaos or Nurgle, once one of your Warriors reaches ST 5 it is much easier to release the Minotaur or Beast of Nurgle. That however generally requires good level up rolls which is something I haven't acheived as of yet.

Monstrum

Postby Monstrum » 16 November 2012, 10:25

yeah i got a str5 nurgle warrior, but he's got block and guard... still waiting for him to hit lvl4 for tents. but then i'm gonna get greedy and think "zomg... why not TWO str5 tents on the same team!!!11!!"
what makes the stupid beast so hard to fire is that he got block after his 1st or 2nd game, and the potential was awesome... after all he's a roadblock so you don't need to use him every turn, really stupid shouldn't be that much of a problem, right? wrong. sucks. 30 games later he's still lvl2 and hasn't done anything
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

OmegaDestroyer

Postby OmegaDestroyer » 19 November 2012, 14:54

My Bloodthirster. He only has 5 SP due to being MVP. In 16+ games, he has inflicted 0 casualties, been badly injured 4 times, and failed 3 regeneration rolls. He can't even manage to injure halflings and goblins. Talk about a waste of 180k.

kabooki

Postby kabooki » 19 November 2012, 18:56

I had an Amazon Blitzer, Beatrice, that went two seasons (8 games + playoffs = about 20 games) where she actually acquired no SPP... and lived to tell about it. I fired her, bought a new blitzer and within two games it had guard and tackle via mostly casualties.

Return to “Stories & Lore”