Bodacious Cowbells

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
TONGO

Re: Bodacious Cowbells

Postby TONGO » 15 February 2013, 21:40

Team Update 2/15/13

TV 2180

Minotaur
#1 Bo (6th lvl)
+1AV
Guard
Claw
Break Tackle
Piling On, and only 12 spp from 7th level! This will be a first for me as Ive never been able to get a mino or any big guy to 7th before.

Chaos Warriors
#2 Versus Blackout (6th lvl)
+1Ag
Block
Guard
Sure Hands
Mighty Blow

#3 King Of Hearts
Block
MB

#4 Big Tex
Block
MB

#5 Blender Head Snuff
Block

Beastmen
#7 Panhandle Slim (6th lvl)
+1 MV
Block
Dodge
Extra Arms
Fend

#8 Mr Echo (6th lovl)
+! ST
Block
Guard
+1 ST
MB

#10 Backwater Gator
+1 AG
Block
+1 AV

#11 Cooter (6th lvl)
Dodge
Block
Sure Hands
Fend
Pass

#6Texas Sancho, #12 Shepherd Hills Tested, and #13 Mississippi Hippy are all 1st lvl meatbags that are used as fodder. Ive another player, now a former meatbag - #9 Kimosabe and hes got a +1 ST.

My team has never been more powerful as they are right now. Ive got to load up on more Guard, MB, and Claw because one of my team goals is to decimate smiked_g60s Stone Cold Chillers. They are freaks of bashing nasty, and smoked fouls like a crafty sicilian. My works cut out for me. (Dont worry mods its a friendly rivalry)

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 16 February 2013, 00:46

Tempted to challenge with my Chaos (nothing special, no mino, everyone armed with Block and Claw and that's it --- 350+ TV deficit) just to rely on claw to bring you down to size. Heh.
Twitter: @Omegatani

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

timdog

Postby timdog » 16 February 2013, 00:57

nice on the almost level 7 bigguy. I've got a yethee within striking distance, and yeah, it's an achievement. I got block on mine early and have given him many an apoth :)

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 16 February 2013, 01:49

... and have given him many an apoth :)
To heal him, or to eat? :D

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

timdog

Postby timdog » 16 February 2013, 02:13

lol same thing :P

TONGO

Postby TONGO » 16 February 2013, 03:20

This is the worst self-f*cking Ive ever done to myself.

I went to get coffee while starting to play another Chaos team, coach was The Dark Gods, and when I come back I found my minotaur died. My FREAKING MINOTAUR BO THAT WAS 12 SPP FROM 7TH LEVEL!!! *&^&%^$#$!!!! I abandoned game immediately to write this post. There is no romance in Blood Bowl.

Oh what a fricking tragedy. This one hurt. I swear to you all for a second I thought about deleting the whole team in disgust. I havent, and will make a Bo like Ive never had before. Yes Im even gonna give this Bo tentacles, something I said I wouldnt do out of style. Fricking Bo with tentacles.....it has come to this. Trust me fellows I WISH I was making this all up.

timdog

Postby timdog » 16 February 2013, 03:36

Oh dude, that sucks. Another victim of the "I'll only be gone for a minute...."

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 16 February 2013, 04:15

Ow ow ow ow ow. Was he fouled to smithereens when you weren't looking or just was bashed down?

I've got a couple wolves who've hit 6... I am so reluctant to use Piling On with them now because of the sheer fouling aspect and my own terrible foul luck.

I've fortunately never had to go and look away like that. If I know my attention absolutely needs to be driven elsewhere for more than a turn I just concede. Better to lose the SPP than the players on the pitch.

Image Image Image Image

TONGO

Postby TONGO » 16 February 2013, 13:20

Thanks guys, and no he wasnt fouled to death. In fact I could have saved him with an apotho if I was there, which is worse.

Oh *&$#! Im so disgusted. Ill always use a mino and name it Bo, but now Im thinking of just using him as an expensive meatbag. Ill drop one of my other meatbags to take my tv down a lil more. If he starts levelling in those conditions then Ill re-evaluate.

Regarding the lvl 6 guy that was mentioned by Aegis, dont take Piling On. Take Fend. Fend makes you immune to Frenzy and Piling On. At high tvs where there are alot of nasty well built bashers (moreso than my squad even) Fend is invaluable.

timdog

Postby timdog » 16 February 2013, 14:09

Thanks guys, and no he wasnt fouled to death. In fact I could have saved him with an apotho if I was there, which is worse.

Oh *&$#! Im so disgusted. Ill always use a mino and name it Bo, but now Im thinking of just using him as an expensive meatbag. Ill drop one of my other meatbags to take my tv down a lil more. If he starts levelling in those conditions then Ill re-evaluate.

Regarding the lvl 6 guy that was mentioned by Aegis, dont take Piling On. Take Fend. Fend makes you immune to Frenzy and Piling On. At high tvs where there are alot of nasty well built bashers (moreso than my squad even) Fend is invaluable.
To be fair, you could have possibly saved him with the apoth. I lost my taur on a 3D both down result against a human catcher, I rolled dead apothed to dead, he rolled no armor break and popped up giggling the next turn. So it's no guarantee you would have been able to save him.

I have a level 7 CW who led my league in cas for last year, and was second in my league last year with armor breaks against due to fouls after piling on :twisted: . He regularly soaks 4+ gang fouls and still gets up the next turn. So meh, giver, not everyone succumbs and even when they do, that's bloodbowl baby! He makes a great diversion - throw him on a blitz on the opposite side of the field, pile on, watch half the other team clear out to go jump on his neck :lol: Oh, and he has juggernaught just for you fending little bastards :)

Return to “Stories & Lore”