Has anybody had a 100 yard rusher in a game ???

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
HC-Vanselow

Has anybody had a 100 yard rusher in a game ???

Postby HC-Vanselow » 06 February 2013, 06:58

I almost achieved 100 yards worth of "O" as my Killwhackee Schmucks Pogoer, "Springs" Verminstink, bounced for 96 yards against an Orc squad in a recent 2-1 "W". Has anybody had a player clock up the century mark in any game ???

Colonel Panic

Re: Has anybody had a 100 yard rusher in a game ???

Postby Colonel Panic » 06 February 2013, 13:37

I had a Gutter Runner who did, I'd have to go through the game logs to give you an exact number.

But, that's the sort of thing you expect from GR's! Much more impressive for a Pogoer, no matter his stats.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 06 February 2013, 18:31

:) It would be interesting to see if your Gutter Runner reached the 100 yards milestone. The only other type of player with an equally good chance of doing it would more than likely be a Wood Elf catcher, Skink or someone else with MA 8. I'm now thinking of who could possibly break the 100 yards barrier in passing yards as my closest candidate would be Pro Elven phenom, Korquis Cyredrahael, who piffed the pigskin for 42 yards in a recent game for the San Venturas Harlequins.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 06 February 2013, 18:45

nope I take it back, I went through the team's history and while that team set league rushing records which still stand in that league to this day, the runner I'm thinking of never did more than 60 in any single game.

(Which was enough to get him Big Hand, Block, and Leap by the end of the season, so no complaints!)

And, since 26 squares (the length of a Blood Bowl field) is 52 yards, it's very difficult to break 100 yards rushing without scoring at least 3 TDs. Otherwise you'd have to run it end zone to end zone, twice. And that's also the reason 100 yards passing is even crazier ... no way anyone reaches that without passing WAY more than they should :-D

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 06 February 2013, 19:46

:) The game where "Springs" Verminstink achieved the 96 yards worth of bouncing was a 2-1 "W" against a Chaos squad which made it all the sweeter of a victory (Most Chaos coaches would believe they automatically are entitled to a win against Goblins, but not this time...LMAO).

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 06 February 2013, 21:17

Otherwise you'd have to run it end zone to end zone, twice.
One of my Kroxigors recently did it once to insult an orc team that dared to squash all of the skinks currently up and running (two BH, one -1 St on top of his -1 AV and niggle, one was already missing the game). The ball had landed in our endzone and I went "Holy hell!" when he actually picked it up (because why not, they're all Agi 1 anyway). The fact he waltzed up the pitch (without boneheading once) flicking aside orcs like they were flies was just an added bonus. :)
Twitter: @Omegatani

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 06 February 2013, 22:07

:D On the BB Tactics forum, I've heard of a Vampire rushing for 112 yards and a Chaos Beastman (Both players are MA 7) rumbling for 118 yards of "O". Awfully impressive as the Vampire didn't fall victim to any "Blood Lust" rolls. A Kroxigor doing the length of the pitch twice is awesome too, Aegis.

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 06 February 2013, 22:52

This is the same Krox that has also intercepted twice. Is it any wonder he's named Satan? His ability to pull off the impossible/unexpected... almost supernatural. Heh.
Twitter: @Omegatani

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

timdog

Postby timdog » 09 February 2013, 15:46

We had a skink in our league do it 5 times in 52 matches. He has an award names after him. A beastman did it in the league as well. The beast has a +MA, but smiley (the skink) never did get take a +MA, he just did it with plain ol awesomness - and block and +AV :)

I checked, his best match was 114 yards. wowza

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 09 February 2013, 22:32

:D Looks like "Springs" Verminstink has some considerable competition to attempt to overcome.

Return to “Stories & Lore”