Which race is your favourites to get victories over ???

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
HC-Vanselow

Which race is your favourites to get victories over ???

Postby HC-Vanselow » 15 February 2013, 01:08

:lol: Everybody has that one, two or three particular races they enjoy chalking up a "W" against. I'm wondering what folk's Top 3 squads to barbarically punish are in the name of winning. For me it's the Chaos Dwarves, Orcs and High Elves (Daemons of Khorne and Wood Elves came in closely, but I love seeing those crappy little bastards known as Chaos Dwarves suffer, pounding the aloofness out of High Elves and straight slapping the snot out of Dorcs...

Darkson

Re: Which race is your favourites to get victories over ???

Postby Darkson » 15 February 2013, 03:37

#1 Wood Elves - they deserve it for the Wardancers alone.
#2 Dwarfs - have cost me 2 TT league titles.
#3 (Pro) Elfs - though not the team's fault, I missed out on the Most TDs award at the GW BB GT in 2007 because the stupid GW monkey doing the score entry put me down as 2-0 instead of 7-0, which cost me the award. Seeing as I can't stomp all over GW (for using crap tournament software) or the monkey (as I'm not sure who he was) I take it out on Elf teams whenever I can. :x :evil:
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 15 February 2013, 03:47

I like squishing goblins and skaven. Anything with St2 across the board has no business being on the pitch, and rats well, are rats (and yet I have a pair of both races as teams...)
Twitter: @Omegatani

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 15 February 2013, 19:20

:lol: Nothing beats stomping out a High Elf with their "poofy" laughs and Nazi touchdown salute. Those Mohawked wearing Wardancers are deserving of a Goblin Looney's chainsaw to the sternum too.

OmegaDestroyer

Postby OmegaDestroyer » 15 February 2013, 20:13

Any Elf team.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 15 February 2013, 23:17

:?: I've been playing Blood Bowl for ages since TT back in 1988 with Humans, Goblins, Skaven and 'Flings, yet still wonder "Where does all the omnipresent animosity towards Elf teams come from ???". Oops, I forgot to say I have my own Pro Elf team too (The San Venturas Harlequins are rather bad as they're the sixth best team out of the seven I keep with only Goblins underneath them). So somebody fill me in on why the hatred aimed at Elves.

timdog

Postby timdog » 16 February 2013, 00:55

Elves elves elves. Any other team you can be in the match even with average luck, but if elves don't roll 1's, you lose damnit!

You don't beat elves, they beat themselves :P

Corvus

Postby Corvus » 17 February 2013, 03:05

For me its really only for certain builds but in no real order; Chaos, Nurgle, Necromantic and Dwarf. Too many people play these teams so one dimensional. In a large part due to the nature of MM where min/max comes in more and people don't seem to bothered about winning the game but just getting spp on the 4 lvl 6 killers and ignore their other players. Also hate regen and necro wolves. Dwarfs well I normaly play Lizards and all that tackle and block at the start is a massive pain. really hate troll slayers, it's almost a civic duty to foul them and if they have PO I think it is a law.
Which is why I have enjoyed the last 2 victories over dorfs, both 3-0, more then usual.
Well looking back over this post I didn't realise quite how full of hate I am.

timdog

Postby timdog » 17 February 2013, 12:35

lol it's OK brother, no one is judging you, let the hate out. On the pitch. it's BB damn it :)

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 17 February 2013, 13:46

:geek: :lol: Hmmm, Corvus, I see your point as Chaos, Nurgle and Dwarves will reach a point where they can't score enough to win the game and revert to unleashing their clawpomb on your ranks. I wonder if anyone takes particular joy in chalking up a "W" against Halflings...LMAO.

Return to “Stories & Lore”